Writing session in London with guest artist

LinkInThePark

NME recently posted a great article/interview with Mike about the Linkin Park and Fort Minor shows in Berlin. It's a recommended read and even vaguely refers to some of the LPU members.

At the end, something caught our eye:

Later Shinoda reveals he’s already "starting to work out some ideas” for its follow-up. In fact, writing sessions are planned in London for a collaboration with an artist he’s remaining tight-lipped about. “I have no idea what it’ll sound like yet. It won’t sound like ‘The Hunting Party’,” he says firmly. “We like to surprise people.”

Fort Minor plays London on September 8th, but it sounds like he will stay another day or two (or longer) and work on some new Linkin Park music. It is unknown if it's just Mike and another artist, or if other band members (minus Joe) will join in. Who do you think they are collaborating with?

Mike also confirmed recently that the next Linkin Park album is being released in 2016, with the band aiming for a release in the middle of the year.

Ed Sheeran would be a nice surprise.

To be honest, i would absolutely hate it...but Linkin Park can suprise us! I first thought about some BMTH guys but since it will not sound like somethink rock/metal it can be a Hip Hop or Pop artist.

Damn crazygolfer, i saw Ed Sheeran under the LPA Post and then realized that it was you :D :D

Edited by LinkInThePark

To be honest, i would absolutely hate it...but Linkin Park can suprise us! I first thought about some BMTH guys but since it will not sound like somethink rock/metal it can be a Hip Hop or Pop artist.

Damn crazygolfer, i saw Ed Sheeran under the LPA Post and then realized that it was you :D :D

Lmao :lol: :P. There's no telling who it is lol

maybe he's gonna work on some fort minor music

If it was Fort Minor, I doubt he would have made a point to say it won't sound like The Hunting Party and "we" like to surprise people. If it was Fort Minor, than that much would be obvious, and there would be no "we".

If wasn't so close, I would say that this song could be for LoL World Championship...

It's unlikely, but who knows?

Very unlikely. Riot Games has their music guys sitting in Los Angeles and I think it makes more sense to work at the place where both teams are at home. Even if they have a collaboration with a third artist it makes more sense to get one artist to LA.

Also it's way too close to the event.

Kendrick Lamar, Tori Kelly, & The Weeknd. That's it. Would be amazing. People really need to stop with the whole nu-metal artists and huge big time name artist that we all know would be impossible to collab with.

Definitely!!! Although I would think The Weeknd would be a Fort Minor feature before LP.

If it was Fort Minor, I doubt he would have made a point to say it won't sound like The Hunting Party and "we" like to surprise people. If it was Fort Minor, than that much would be obvious, and there would be no "we".

forgot that part, you're probably right