Fort Minor announces "One Man Show" concert

hahninator

One night after Mike said that Fort Minor would be "playing a few shows that are hard to get into", FM has announced their first "comeback" show.

fmshow2.jpg

Fort Minor will be playing The Exchange in Los Angeles on June 29th. The show is 21+ and is advertised as a "one man show" by Mike.

For tickets... the LPU pre-sale will begin today, June 22 at 10am PST.
Please Note: Attendees must be 21+.
Mike has an announcement video HERE for the show.

Who's going?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm when I click on the Ticketmaster link the website says that the event is no longer available. Anyone else getting the same thing, or do I need an lpu acct to be able to see the event details? Also, if I join lpu today will I automatically get the code the get tickets early?

Full I Have Not Begun debut. :ph34r:

Not gonna lie, I really have some hope of him doing something like that... Well I can dream.

Besides, only a few FM songs has only Mike on them. I'll be happy if I Have Not Begun or 100 Degrees are played live.

And I think it will be weird to listen songs originally recorded with guests being played without them. If he focus on the songs only he recorded would be nice :wacko:

Edited by MetalNacional

Hmm when I click on the Ticketmaster link the website says that the event is no longer available. Anyone else getting the same thing, or do I need an lpu acct to be able to see the event details? Also, if I join lpu today will I automatically get the code the get tickets early?

Yes,

http://www.ticketmaster.com/fort-minor-los-angeles-california-06-29-2015/event/09004ED015C946A3?artistid=1004475&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60

I'm getting really pissed off about this One Man Show, hell, I must stop thinking about FM for a sec haha

Ryu removed Fort Minor from his bio on Twitter, man, if this NIN thingy is serious... well... fuck. Somebody help. :blink:

Edited by MetalNacional

Yeah, that Mike going full-on NIN didn't sit well at all, and Ryu saying he did a verse on Welcome doesn't either. Mike even said he did everything on the song himself, so... I don't think he'll ever perform the FM feat. SOB songs with them ever again, lol

gonna be there! looking forward for the show :)

Of all places for you to pop back up, it's there! Wow! Have fun :)

The way Mike phrases the announcement video is very interesting. It's like "this is my only announced show in North America for right now." Aka more coming, but the fact he mentioned USA.... I mean I really see him announcing something in Europe on an off day. Hamburg or London or something. LP has 2 off days in a row mid tour in Europe. They've been working on FM/planning this "Welcome" thing literally since right after Chester broke his ankle so I wouldn't put it past Mike to do that. He's already doing 2 FM shows in between this LP "run" right now.

I would like to imagine that Ryu/Tak removing Fort Minor references is out of respect for Mike, rather than in spite of. Fort Minor is an established framework for Mike to release new music; there's nothing to say he couldn't do a new album with a completely different set of guest artists. I feel like this would be a bit more clear cut if a collection of music had been released rather than a single track. It also seems really weird for there to be a Fort Minor show without plenty of new material...

... so pending any surprise guests, it'll be interesting to see what Mike performs solo. Hopefully he's had time to be creative with the older material, so we could see some alternate versions of tracks.

• RTN can clearly work as a single hybrid verse as demonstrated at LP shows (he may even just perform the 'Mike solo').
  • Believe Me doesn't really work in the same manner, so I think that's off the table.
  • Petrified, In Stereo, Cigarettes, Kenji, and Slip Out the Back are all Mike only. Best chance of the first two.
  • Where'd You Go & High Road work with guest vocals
  • I'd rule out Right Now, Feel Like Home, Back Home, Red to Black
  • From the mixtape and Special Edition - 100 Degrees, Be Somebody, There They Go could be options
  • Linkin Park songs? The Nobody's Listening Green Lantern Remix would work. In Between seems like a good idea for backing track + MIke's vocals only. Everyone is probably wanting No Roads Left but it would feel really weird without LP.

And for the obligatory joke idea:

• Loop the Points of Authority intro from 2008 and Mike raps all the verses that fit that beat

For me Fort Minor was always just Mike. They listed everyone else as a feature for as long as I remember.

Mike, in an interview I believe, said it was always him, his creative way to do his own thing. The other rappers were just guests; it really wasn't a band or group. I didnt know that until Mike said it recently as I assumed FM was a group and more than one member officially

Edited by loulax07

Ryu: https://www.facebook.com/TherealRyu/posts/10206598536784773

"To the Fort Minor fans: Just wanted to take a minute to say thanks to you guys for always being supportive of me. I'm humbled that you guys appreciate my past contributions to the group and expected to see me on the new project. I actually did do a verse on the song "Welcome" and was just as excited as you were for it's release. Unfortunatly for reasons unknown to me, the song was released without me on it. I guess it wasn't meant to be. Anyways, i'm glad that you guys finally got some new FM music, and i wish Mike nothing but success in whatever he does. I am putting the final touches on my solo album and can't wait for you guys to see what i've been up to! I'm holding some heat right now so stay tuned. I ain't done yet! ‪#‎thankyou‬ ‪#‎fortminor‬ ‪#‎fortminormilitia‬ ‪#‎SOBcentral‬"

Ryu: https://www.facebook.com/TherealRyu/posts/10206598536784773

"To the Fort Minor fans: Just wanted to take a minute to say thanks to you guys for always being supportive of me. I'm humbled that you guys appreciate my past contributions to the group and expected to see me on the new project. I actually did do a verse on the song "Welcome" and was just as excited as you were for it's release. Unfortunatly for reasons unknown to me, the song was released without me on it. I guess it wasn't meant to be. Anyways, i'm glad that you guys finally got some new FM music, and i wish Mike nothing but success in whatever he does. I am putting the final touches on my solo album and can't wait for you guys to see what i've been up to! I'm holding some heat right now so stay tuned. I ain't done yet! ‪#‎thankyou‬ ‪#‎fortminor‬ ‪#‎fortminormilitia‬ ‪#‎SOBcentral‬"

wow, interesting. Mike said he wrote all his own lyrics for this I thought...

spilled milk...

Edited by loulax07