Linkin Park x Steve Aoki - "Darker Than Blood"

lpliveusername

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts on this version: The vocals are great, the intrumental isn't really good. But I believe this live version is very different from the studio version, that might be better. It turns out that this is not Aoki's instrumental, those are drops by other artists. So I guess it's just Mike and Chester's vocals played with those drops, and not the actual studio version of the song.

I like those vocals. I'm glad they do collabs like this. They're broadening their "horizons", if you will. It's not even an LP track, they're just featured, so if anybody really doesn't like it it's not hard to avoid.

Edited by Justin

I won't say much about this because we just have a passage of lyrics and a melody for the most part. Not all of that is Horizons, the two drops are other artists'. Mike and Chester are a great combo as always, and I like the lyrics. I'm about to add those to my Recurring Lyrics page but I figure I'll wait until the full song is out, which looks like it will be even sooner now that we have been teased with part of it.

Don't you hold your breath
Cause I'm not coming down
The battle fields have left me only scars

I'm floating in the dark
I'm swimming in the sound
Of voices that should never been apart

Darker than the black
Higher than the sun
This is not the end
You are not the only one

Don't you hold your breath
Cause I'm not coming down
The battle fields have left me only scars

The higher that they climb
The harder they will fall
And we will break their bones until they fold

Darker than the black
Higher than the sun
This is not the end
You are not the only one

I'm just gonna throw out there that these will probably be the only vocals on the track. The instrumental during the verses is also probably the actual instrumental as well. The drops are probably the only major thing that will change between this version and the studio version. If there are any additional vocals, they'll be very small parts.

With that said, I do enjoy the vocals and the instrumental that backs them. They have a pretty dark feeling to them that I really enjoy. I obviously can't say anything regarding the drops, as we haven't heard them yet. So, as far as stuff from the actual track goes, I'm really enjoying it as of now.

i honestly think this is one of the best tracks that chester has ever sang on before

Huge praise considering we haven't even heard the album version yet!! LOL but I do love the melodies in the song.

Huge praise considering we haven't even heard the album version yet!! LOL but I do love the melodies in the song.

You realize that the parts with the vocals are from the album version, right? So yes, his opinion is set. I also agree regardless, Chester sounds amazing and as far as I can hear, there are no vocal effects on his voice in the chorus, good stuff.

Steve Aoki - Feb 28, 2015 - Aragon Ballroom, Chicago, Illinois

xx. Steve Aoki x Linkin Park - A Light That Never Comes

xx. Steve Aoki x Linkin Park - Horizons

Download (mirrors welcomed) - direct stream rip, HD 720p

could you upload to MEGA?

Thank you.any chance upload it on mega

could you upload to MEGA?

Thank you.any chance upload it on mega

Unfortunately no. Maybe someone else will do it. dropmefiles link expires in 6 days.

Do you have any difficulties downloading from dropmefiles? Regional restrictions or something?

Linkin Park & Steve Aoki, 2013:

The nights go on

Waiting for a light that never comes

I chase the sun

Steve Aoki & Linkin Park, 2015:

"Horizons"

They figured out that it'll be easier to just stand at the same place and wait for the sun to come up from the other side.

Linkin Park & Steve Aoki, 2013:
The nights go on
I chase the sun
Steve Aoki & Linkin Park, 2015:
"Horizons"
They figured out that it'll be easier to just stand at the same place and wait for the sun to come up from the other side.

you're making me laugh every time again ^^

Not bad. I don't hate it, but I don't love it. It's fine, but we can't say anything because this is the live version. Obviously the album version is going to be better, so I will wait until the album is released, and then say my opinion of the song. The best part of the song is when Chester say: "Darker than the black, higher than the sun". Anyway, good song.

• 3 weeks later...