Linkin Park to return to China in 2015

Vorist

Found on a Chinese forum from the saler.It is said that there's a Beijing show on Sep.29, Shanghai show on Oct.1,Chongqin on 3rd,Shenzhen on 5th and Wuhan on 7th.The topic was deleted later.Anyone know about this stuff

Wow, nice find. It's worth a discussion, anyway. Which venues? I can update the main post with this "rumor". Chonqqin has been rumored for a while.

I did hear that Phoenix allegedly said at the Amsterdam Summit that LP would not be playing in Asia for THP (my guess is that it is likely due to ticket sales). Perhaps that changed, but we will see.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, nice find. It's worth a discussion, anyway. Which venues? I can update the main post with this "rumor". Chonqqin has been rumored for a while.

I did hear that Phoenix allegedly said at the Amsterdam Summit that LP would not be playing in Asia for THP (my guess is that it is likely due to ticket sales). Perhaps that changed, but we will see.

The venues mentioned in that capture are:

- Beijing Workers Stadium (Sep 29)

- Shenzhen Sports Center Stadium (Oct 5)

- Wuhan Sports Center Stadium (Oct 7)

- Chongqing Olympic Sports Center (Oct 3)

- Shanghai Stadium (Oct 1 - National Day in China)

The venues are in stadium size basically, and that capture only mentioned "L" band but if it's really LP those shows will be HUGE and probably the biggest Chinese tour done by an American rock band

Yea, I was listing India as an example since they have a huge LP Fanbase, as to this site:

http://www.linkinparkindia.com/

They have a huge fanbase, and LP hasn't performed there and I actually said that there were countries that LP played either once or hasn't had LP play, read it correctly LOL :P

Sorry for nor being able to maintain this site as much as i would have liked. :)

India's never been performed in before, which is what you're probably implying but you worded it in a confusing manner.

Soul i haven't heard further about India tour after i last updated here.

There was a bottleneck in the process where they asked for full payment so as to just give a guarentee of announcement of 2 shows.

And when that was worked out , the only thing they said was when they'll start booking for Asia Tour they'll drop us an email.

After that NOTHING .

So much uncertainity sadly if it will happen or not .

And looking at Phoenix's comments at Amsterdam summit , well , i can see why the booking agents are very much adamant in their dealings.

• 5 weeks later...

I heard Europe was it for LP and the touring cyle ends in September, BUT this is interesting because these shows would come right after Europe after a 2 week break. Very interesting how these rumored dates played out. I don't doubt them at all, they probably were negotiated for then and all since LP knew they'd be in Europe in Aug/Sept ages ago (easily last November they knew that)...maybe they still happen.

• 2 weeks later...

there's a related news on the ticket selling site mentioned in the pic (URL: http://piao.zuicq.cn/news_lr_zwb.asp?id=635)

it says the concert will be held at Chongqing Olympic Center in Oct. 2015, but any further information still remains "confidential"

don't know if this is really happenning, but now I'm really hyped up!

p.s. they spelled the band name wrong wth

Edited by Sidney

there's a related news on the ticket selling site mentioned in the pic (URL: http://piao.zuicq.cn/news_lr_zwb.asp?id=635)

it says the concert will be held at Chongqing Olympic Center in Oct. 2015, but any further information still remains "confidential"

don't know if this is really happenning, but now I'm really hyped up!

p.s. they spelled the band name wrong wth

"For more information about the concert, please look at our micro-channel "yulepiaowu"

How do we find that?

"For more information about the concert, please look at our micro-channel "yulepiaowu"

How do we find that?

Micro Channel means the app Wechat.You need to download and install the app then follow their account like twitter

One more update

You can pre order ticket on a ticket saling website now

And a Chinese fan called the website and asked them about the concert

He was told that they are still negotiating with LP and also negotiating with the GOV

Source http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3633807240?lp=5028&mo_device=1&pn=0&

Edited by Vorist

If they're taking pre-orders for tickets but are "still negotiating," that pretty much confirms that the whole thing is fake IMO. The same thing has happened several times before with Chinese concerts.

• 1 month later...

Brad mentioning it definitely means something has been booked and is on the band's schedule, and he just didn't know it hadn't been announced yet. He didn't even know Making of THP was released yet LOL, Lorenzo had to tell him. I mean I know he doesn't keep up with every single thing the band does/announces/posts online so that's definitely understandable. You can't get mad about that.

Brad mentioning it definitely means something has been booked and is on the band's schedule, and he just didn't know it hadn't been announced yet. He didn't even know Making of THP was released yet LOL, Lorenzo had to tell him. I mean I know he doesn't keep up with every single thing the band does/announces/posts online so that's definitely understandable. You can't get mad about that.

I was not mad at all.It is just so great.

This will be interesting to see what they do. Rob said they return to the studio in September. So what's the timing of China? Or is it more of a whole Asian Tour? Phoenix said they weren't touring Asia for THP, but I guess something changed. And if they do Asia, could they do Australia/NZ? Or save something for 2016 when they're writing a record and need an "escape from the studio" tour?

STP's album comes out in the fall too, so they'll want to tour around that.

I heard with 100% reliability that the European Tour was the last tour for THP. Either the Asia show stuff is really just China getting a quick 5 shows (like the "Asia Tour" in 2013), or something changed very recently for the band.