2001.02.13 Pontiac, MI Audio [mp3]

hahninator

Oldschool release!

Road to Revolution BR just celebrated their six year anniversary and our friend Felipe, a staff member there, released an oldschool live recording for fans. This one comes from Linkin Park's first headlining tour ever! The 14th show of the tour took them to Pontiac, MI at Clutch Cargo's with Taproot and Alien Ant Farm opening, one day before Valentine's Day 2001.

Setlist

01. With You
02. Runaway
03. Papercut
04. By Myself
05. Points Of Authority
06. High Voltage (Mike Shinoda Remix)
07. Crawling
08. Pushing Me Away
09. And One
10. In The End
11. A Place For My Head (feat. Stephen Richards)
12. Forgotten
13. One Step Closer
Since this was the first headlining tour for Hybrid Theory (properly called the Street Soldiers Tour), Linkin Park had to come up with a full headlining setlist for the first time in their career. They messed with an 11 song setlist in Europe (for three promo shows) earlier in January, but for this tour they brought a 50 minute, 13 song setlist. LP later said these performances completely kicked their asses and made them pretty tired every night because they were used to performing 30 minute setlists as opposed to headlining.
They don't deviate from standard 2001 setlists very much by opening with five songs from Hybrid Theory (choosing to open with With You instead of A Place For My Head), but they do incorporate the Mike Shinoda remix of High Voltage into the setlist - a fan favorite still to this day. And One also sneaks in there, a song frequently played in 2000 and 2001 before being dropped in 2002 and never being played again. Finally, Stephen Richards from Taproot comes out on A Place For My Head which is one of the first guest appearances in the band's live career.
Even though this tour went coast-to-coast, there are not many recordings from this first headlining tour. Las Vegas was webcasted and video recordings exist from Pittsburgh and New York City. Additionally, there's a great audio recording of the Dragon Festival performance after the sixth show of this tour.
Thanks to Felipe and RTR:BR for sharing this show...the only audio recording released of this tour outside of the Dragon Festival performance (same setlist). This show was rumored to have existed for many years and it's great to finally have it almost 14 years later! Also - we took their one file download of the entire show and tracked it out into individual songs for everyone.

Download

mp3 (320 kb/s) (.zip download, right click -> save as...)

Show page

+ Some show pictures from this performance can be seen here.

Enjoy!

pls i hope he have the fullset of dragon festival 2001.then again if its the same show thats shot from the crowd then nvm

the full video of dragon festival 2001 in pro exists, but Felipe doesnt have it. I hope someday the person will release it. :)

btw, thanks Felipe for this great release! :D

Edited by Biel

• 3 years later...