Linkin Park coming to mainland China in 2015?

Vorist

The Chongqing, China city government's website (English translation here) shows that the local government agreed that Linkin Park can perform there on May 1, 2015. The show will potentially be at Chongqing Olympic Sports Center Stadium.

This is very interesting considering the band had three canceled stadium shows in China in September 2011 because of their involvement with the Dalai Lama at a United Nations event earlier that year. The band has not performed in mainland China since 2009, when they played Shanghai. This was the performance in which Given Up and the Hands Held High verse had to be dropped from the show for political reasons.

If this ends up working out, it looks like a series of shows in China could happen before Linkin Park's May 9th show at Rock In Rio USA in Las Vegas, NV.

Due to a new law is permitted last year. Foreign muscians' concerts are no longer under the central MOC's control, now are controled by the provincial level government. The possibility is really great.

EDIT: The band will be returning in fall 2015 to Asia. More information can be found here.

If anyone could post a translation, that would be great. From what I can understand from the Google Translate I brought up, the Chongqing Municipal Cultural Committee has agreed to allow LP to perform there as long as they abide by certain rules.

Interesting find, though I wonder if this "confirms" a performance there or it will be in negotiation now? If so then April/early May will probably be that Australasian Tour.

If it's something like Soul said, it's too far away from an official announcement by the band, We don't know if LP is gonna accept all this rules. (I think they are prohibited to sing any "bad words" or display an American flag on the stage, right?).

But it's like he said, this means that we will really have a tour in Australia and Asian in May/April.

Here's an English translation - did my best to fix the grammatical errors.

Yu Wen Commission [2014] line pipe No. 405

Beijing Culture Communication Co., Spring Paradise:

Your company "on hold theatrical performances instructions" and related materials received. According to "commercial performance regulations" (State Council Decree No. 528) and the "commercial performances Regulations Implementing Rules" (Culture Department Order No. 47) and the relevant provisions, the Ministry of Culture on the good commercial performances canceled and decentralized the approval of Notify project work "( Man City Fa [2013] No. 27), and, upon the study, have agreed to invite your company Tommy, Huang, Chen Lai Yu performances. The relevant performance issues are as follows.

First: the show name: Linkin Park concert

Second: the main performer: Linkin Park band (43)

Third: performance time: May 1, 2015 (19:30 - 22:30)

Fourth: Venue: Chongqing Olympic Sports Center Stadium

Five: performances: One Course

Six: organizer, organizers: Beijing Spring Paradise Culture Communication Co., Ltd.

Seven: organizer, organizers should be strictly in accordance with the relevant provisions of the organization, planning performances and to ensure that the content and quality of performance. In the show may not have Article 26 prohibited content "commercial performance regulations."

Eight: organizer, organizers should be strictly in accordance with the relevant provisions do security work, and consciously accept the supervision and culture of law enforcement officers to check the live performances.

Nine: the organizers shall pay the relevant taxes in accordance with relevant state regulations.

Chongqing Culture Commission

2014 On October 11,

TL;dr: Seems like it's a Chinese event organizer seeking to get permission for LP to perform a show in mainland China. Looks like he's gotten permission, but now he has to take the regulations that the Chongqing Culture Commission has placed to LP's tour managers and get them to pay tax and such for their performance.

Yea, If LP returns to China, can they do Macau again? (if they can do Hong Kong more than once, they can play the other City) :)

If LP returns to China there's a great possibility that they will have a show in Macau.And if that happen I will go to all their shows and record them as well,I got my visa to HK and Macau now(One have to get a visa to a city in one's country,the biggest joke in the world)

If LP returns to China there's a great possibility that they will have a show in Macau.And if that happen I will go to all their shows and record them as well,I got my visa to HK and Macau now(One have to get a visa to a city in one's country,the biggest joke in the world)

Well, they're special administration cities so they're not part of Mainland xD

Finally, we get recordings from Mainland China and Macau :P

Well, they're special administration cities so they're not part of Mainland xD

Finally, we get recordings from Mainland China and Macau :P

Now just wait to see if the concerts can come true lol

Quite busy with campus things......

If anyone could post a translation, that would be great. From what I can understand from the Google Translate I brought up, the Chongqing Municipal Cultural Committee has agreed to allow LP to perform there as long as they abide by certain rules.

Interesting find, though I wonder if this "confirms" a performance there or it will be in negotiation now? If so then April/early May will probably be that Australasian Tour.

to add to this confirmed with with our Indian organiser couple of days back he said Lp booking agent will mail him if the booking for Asia tour is confirmed as far as now cant give out any specific dates on the tour cycle , and even seeing the context above it seems its just a proposal , lets hope for the show to happen ! will be a great delight for the mainland chinese fans