LPU XIV in November / New LPU Shirt

hahninator

The LPU has a new collaboration, this time with Johnny Cupcakes to sell a new shirt for the LP fanclub. The press release states, "Although Johnny Cupcakes doesn’t sell real cupcakes, their quirky apparel — largely focused on graphic tees that poke fun at pop culture with a culinary twist — still creates a buzz through word of mouth and general curiosity." The shirt will be available from now until November 17th at the Johnny Cupcakes online store for $40.

lpucupcake.jpg

Additionally, the press release mentions the new year of the LP Underground, referring to it as LPU XIV. "November 2014 will commemorate LPU’s 14th year with the release of LPU XIV, which will include a special edition album featuring unreleased LINKIN PARK demos." This will be the sixth year in a row with a CD full of demos (usually chosen by Mike) from the fanclub, starting with LPU 9 in 2009 and continuing to present day. Since the shirt is available through November 17, it is not unreasonable to think that LPU XIV will launch around then.

The full press release is below:

"Los Angeles, CA (October 27, 2014) Linkin Park Underground [LPU] has launched a collaborative apparel project with Johnny Cupcakes featuring a specially designed, limited edition t-shirt. Each Johnny Cupcakes x LPU T-Shirt comes with a one year membership to the LPU which includes various members-only benefits including an exclusive online social platform, pre-sale ticket opportunities, and chances to meet the band at select shows around the world.

The pre-order for the Johnny Cupcakes x LPU T-Shirt is available now through November 17, 2014. Go to http://shop.johnnycupcakes.com to purchase and learn more about this exclusive collaboration. “At a young age, I stumbled upon Linkin Park’s cassette tape single at a record shop. Ever since then, I have been a huge supporter of these guys. It has been inspiring to watch them grow musically, while also witnessing the creation of such an influential brand in the music industry. When the opportunity arose to work with their fan club, Linkin Park Underground, we jumped at the chance. We love exploring exciting channels through which to engage our fans and hopefully open their eyes to new experiences, so it was a nice change of pace to provide that new opportunity for the LPU." - Johnny Cupcakes

November 2014 will commemorate LPU’s 14th year with the release of LPU XIV, which will include a special edition album featuring unreleased LINKIN PARK demos.

Visit http://LPUnderground.com for more details."

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the shirt, I will probably buy it. 40 dollars seems a bit steep for just a shirt, but I might ask for it as a Christmas gift or something...

Can't wait for LPU14. Nice to know we are getting demos again, I hope it was better than LPU13, which I really didn't like at all.

I like the shirt, I will probably buy it. 40 dollars seems a bit steep for just a shirt, but I might ask for it as a Christmas gift or something...

Can't wait for LPU14. Nice to know we are getting demos again, I hope it was better than LPU13, which I really didn't like at all.

After a full year of comparing how much I listen to each LPU CD, I found that LPU13 was the CD I listened to the most SINCE the LPU9 CD.

LPU9 caught us all off guard with how epic it was...I mean wow that truly was a fantastic job. I did not LOVE LPUX, LPU11 or LPU12, even though we got some really quality demos on some of them. LPUX (What We Don't Know, Pale, Pretend To Be, Coal and Halo), LPU11 had some good stuff with Broken Foot (filthy!), the epic Esaul demo, and Soundtrack. The super early HT demos of Slip and Blue were golden. LPU12 was the weakest IMO. To this day there's nothing I listen to regularly on that CD and that's a shame, haha.

LPU13 brought it back big time. I fucking LOVE Basquiat, Primo, Cumulus and Pretty Birdy. I like those significantly more than any LPU demo song from 9-13 except Across The Line. Basquiat is a filthy guitar-driven jam, Primo absolutely shreds I'll Be Gone to pieces in my opinion and is an amazing track that was consolidated into complete garbage on Living Things, Cumulus is EPIC DAMN it should have been on Meteora! wow I listen to Cumulus quite a lot, Pretty Birdy is a garage-sounding LP jam that just rocks start-to-finish (imagine if we had a LFY demo like that). LPU13 was A+ to me.

I'd like to hear Pictureboard finally but I guess that'll never happen. The LPU knows what we all want (the "thoughts that take away my pride" demo, My December Team Sleep remix, Pictureboard are probably the top 3) but we'll see what we get. It's guaranteed pretty much that we get a few songs that are fantastic. I hope there is another good, unreleased song on there like Across The Line, What We Don't Know, Pretend To Be, etc.

It's a nice shirt ^^

I hope the LPU XIV CD has at least one unreleased demo w/ vocals. But it would be nice hear some demos from songs we already have, as Blackout or The Catalyst demos.

I would love to hear "Fire in the City" from MtM sessions. It's interesting that Mike liked it, but the others members not, besides the fact that this song has parts that were reworked... and became Given Up :)

I just didn't like LPU13 very much, I hope LPU14 is better. LPUX is my favorite because it has What We Don't Know and Pretend To Be, which are awesome songs, and it also had Mike's WID Remix which I love, as well as stuff like Pale. I liked LPU9 a lot. I wasn't a big fan of LPU11 and LPU12 was mediocre, it really lacked Chester doing vocals in Homecoming and Asbestos and if he did, it would be the best LPU CD IMO.

Edited by Geki

It's a nice shirt ^^

I hope the LPU XIV CD has at least one unreleased demo w/ vocals. But it would be nice hear some demos from songs we already have, as Blackout or The Catalyst demos.

I would love to hear "Fire in the City" from MtM sessions. It's interesting that Mike liked it, but the others members not, besides the fact that this song has parts that were reworked... and became Given Up :)

Yeah, Fire In The City sounds interesting.

I would also love to hear Chicken Basket. Description from Mike's blog:

It’s been a busy week. Studio every day, working on new stuff. This week, I did a song where the music sounds like Santogold (or Santigold, if you like) meets Postal Service meets At The Drive In or something. Very weird…but even weirder, the vocals are crazy–I asked our engineers what they thought it sounded like, and the responses I got were things like “Peter Gabriel” and “Huey Lewis, in a really good way.” Four-part harmonies that ebb and flow with the track. I feel like I’m on drugs when I’m listening to it. It’s tentatively called “Chicken Basket.”

One of the things that dissapoint me in LPU releases is that I imagine how a instrumental song could be w/ vocals. Songs as Homecoming, Cumulus, Pepper... Even Asbestos w/ vocals in chorus and the second verse of Debris... would be great to hear some vocals on it. I imagine Pepper with a dark rap vocals by Mike and then Chester exploding in the chorus. Would be amazing :D

But, anyway, I'm glad that they still releasing demos in LPU CD's. Crossed fingers :P

Yeah, Fire In The City sounds interesting.

I would also love to hear Chicken Basket. Description from Mike's blog:

It’s been a busy week. Studio every day, working on new stuff. This week, I did a song where the music sounds like Santogold (or Santigold, if you like) meets Postal Service meets At The Drive In or something. Very weird…but even weirder, the vocals are crazy–I asked our engineers what they thought it sounded like, and the responses I got were things like “Peter Gabriel” and “Huey Lewis, in a really good way.” Four-part harmonies that ebb and flow with the track. I feel like I’m on drugs when I’m listening to it. It’s tentatively called “Chicken Basket.”

Yeah, Chicken Basket seems as a great track too, would be amazing to have it on CD, I guess. And we know that have vocals. Don't try to lie to us, Mike xD

Edited by kiq fLP

I am pretty positive they edit some of the songs to remove vocals. You can't tell me Figure.09, A-Six, Asbestos, etc never had more vocals on them, lol. Brad in an LPU chat even said A-Six was the "just drag it out, remember" song in the Making Of Meteora. They kept the grunts on the bridge though. The fact that some of the LPU9 demos were edited before their release probably support that. Maybe they can't release too many songs with vocals for some reason.

It's good that we've only had 3 songs on LPU CDs that have been release prior to their LPU CD inclusion (Forgotten and Points demos and the WID Mike remix).

This'll probably be my first year in the LPU. Excited to see what they have to offer!

They offer you:

- A CD full of mostly instrumental demos and maybe 1 or 2 songs with vocals, if lucky. Will be uploaded to a torrent immediately.

- M&G opportunities, but people who buy VIP concert tickets will still get more than you because they paid more.

- Exclusive LPU-TV episodes that end up on YouTube immediately.

- A shirt that sucks in comparison to LP shirts sold at Hot Topic, through LP.com, or other places.

- Cheap merchandise that easily breaks and once again sucks in comparison to merch sold at Hot Topic or LP.com

- Ability to ''cut the line'' and get in early, even though people who buy VIP concert tickets will get in before you, they paid more.

- Ability to buy tickets first, even though people who buy VIP will get the same chance as well as other promos, so you won't get pit.

- LPU chats with random weird people who work for the band, but no chats with actual members of the band.

I am pretty positive they edit some of the songs to remove vocals. You can't tell me Figure.09, A-Six, Asbestos, etc never had more vocals on them, lol. Brad in an LPU chat even said A-Six was the "just drag it out, remember" song in the Making Of Meteora. They kept the grunts on the bridge though. The fact that some of the LPU9 demos were edited before their release probably support that. Maybe they can't release too many songs with vocals for some reason.

It's good that we've only had 3 songs on LPU CDs that have been release prior to their LPU CD inclusion (Forgotten and Points demos and the WID Mike remix).

The POA demo and the WID remix were actually different from the versions we already had.

Yeah, the thing about A-Six and "Drag It Out" vocals always bother me. I never realized about the grunts. It sucks that they do this... why??? :(

Maybe they're are uncomplete vocals... but this isn't a problem [they even released Faint, Figure.09, Fear, Asbestos and Debris missing vocals...]

And its weird that any Meteora demo, besides Faint and Figure.09 demos, has vocals on it... would be purposeful??

They offer you:

- A CD full of mostly instrumental demos and maybe 1 or 2 songs with vocals, if lucky. Will be uploaded to a torrent immediately.

- M&G opportunities, but people who buy VIP concert tickets will still get more than you because they paid more.

- Exclusive LPU-TV episodes that end up on YouTube immediately.

- A shirt that sucks in comparison to LP shirts sold at Hot Topic, through LP.com, or other places.

- Cheap merchandise that easily breaks and once again sucks in comparison to merch sold at Hot Topic or LP.com

- Ability to ''cut the line'' and get in early, even though people who buy VIP concert tickets will get in before you, they paid more.

- Ability to buy tickets first, even though people who buy VIP will get the same chance as well as other promos, so you won't get pit.

- LPU chats with random weird people who work for the band, but no chats with actual members of the band.

-Can't blame fans for being dumb and pirating the fanclub music...LPU has zero control over that. At least we get music unlike many many many other fanclubs.

-The people who paid HUGE money for VIP M&Gs get the same LPU M&G as you do but then the band comes back around to spend time with them after the normal M&G has ended. They paid huge money, that's what they get. The MFR auction winners always have had this going back to 2008 and I saw it personally in 2009 in Switzerland. It's not a big deal. The M&G is even documented much better now with the extra photos.

-The amount of LPUTV episodes in LPU 13 has doubled in the past few weeks.

-LPU shirts are solid to me. My favorites were LPU 4 and 6. The one for LPU 9 was good. They did a jersey this year because so many people wanted one. I dislike the Hot Topic crap a lot. I don't see many older fans ever wear that type of stuff versus with the LPU jersey, I see people of all ages wearing it.

-The merch I still use from the LPU daily include the water bottle and the keychain, which both date back a few years. Both are in great shape. Hot Topic doesn't offer stuff like that. They've had a huge variety of merch over the years, from shoelaces to earbuds to all sorts of stuff so surely there's something for every fan there. There is no equivalent to the laminate anywhere else....that laminate and only that laminate gets you access to the LPU exclusive stuff.

-You are 110% completely wrong about the "cut the line" stuff. I went to 8 shows and watched the early entry at EVERY show because I was interested (and concerned) with how it would go down. Here's how it worked: LPU went in first, then the VIP people, then the Mars people. Lorenzo even had the Mars people hold their fans up inside (they were inside for their preshow M&G already) so the LPU could get to the pit first. That was handled really well on Carnivores and went way better than I thought it was going to go. I was skeptical at first but the LPU early entry has been flawless at all 14 shows I've seen it at in 2012 and 2014 combined.

-LPU gets pit for every presale that I know of. I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. There has literally never been a situation where there were too many VIP people buying pit that it became unavailable for the LPU. There are allotments for a reason. The LPU membership is a hell of a lot cheaper than dropping VIP to guarantee your early entry + M&G with LP. In fact, it's cheaper by $300+. I'd never even consider dropping that kind of money to meet LP but hey, whatever floats your boat. And since you mentioned VIP gets the same opportunities....I never saw a single VIP person at the Sunrise 2011, Bristow 2012 or West Palm Beach 2013 soundcheck parties. LPU got into the last two exclusively.

-Didn't Joe and Phoenix JUST do LPU chats in the last 4 weeks? lol

The POA demo and the WID remix were actually different from the versions we already had.

How? I actually never knew that I don't think....?

-True, but still, it sucks to have it given out for free.

-No they don't. People who buy the VIP get their own special Meet & Greet and they get to spend time with the band, at least 10 mins, and get to take individual pics, etc. LPU claims they will take the pics for you, but it's a joke IMO. They take a group picture and unless you're super short, you aren't visible in the picture. I don't know about you, but I'd rather at least have a photo or something to remember the time I met the band, anyone can claim to just have autographs.

-Yeah and the LPUTV episodes suck. They are short and are uploaded like a year after the event in the episode takes place. We'll get Carnivores tour episodes in like 2016.

-I hated the LPU jersey. I normally wear a size large shirt and they fit fine, but for some reason, I had to get a XXL in the jersey and it still barely fit me. It's also made of cheap ass material. It also comes down to style.

-All of my LPU shit is busted at this point. It's cheap plastic stuff. Hot Topic does actually sell stuff like wristbands, patches, pins, etc. So don't a lot of online retailers. LPU offers some exclusive stuff like the water bottle or shoelaces, but c'mon. You're selling yourself short there. Even the LP water bottle sold on tour looks cooler and isn't made out of cheap plastic like the LPU one is.

-I'm not wrong about it actually. I went online the MINUTE that tickets went on sale and I couldn't get pit for Mansfield or Darien Center. I've had pit at every LP show I have ever been to except for one back in 2007, but even that was close as fuck to the stage. I debated on not going because of it. I like to be in the front. Thirty Seconds To Mars fanclub got equal opportunity to get pit and so didn't VIP. It wasn't all LPU, trust me. Especially at a Summit, people should be able to get pit that are in the LPU if they want to.

I've been a member of the LPU since 2005, I'm a loyal fan of the LPU. But it's gone downhill. Nothing is exclusive about it anymore.

Edited by Geki

I really like the T-Shirt, but it i don't think i will buy it. Too expensive for me.

Excited for the new LPU CD. Hope we will get at least an amazing song like Primo (that even for me absolutely DESTROY I'll Be Gone) and some interesting instrumentals like Basquiat, or some ATS or THP demos of songs that are already on albums.

Random Thoughts: The band has releasing so much music in this year. An Album, a Score, A LPU CD. We should consider us lucky for this.

Never noticed that extra guitar/drum part in Points there in the middle. Cool.

The wiki doesn't explain the difference(s) between the WID Distorted Remix and the WID MS Remix.

Random Thoughts: The band has releasing so much music in this year. An Album, a Score, A LPU CD. We should consider us lucky for this.

Yes. This. Lots of new Linkin Park music.

The wiki doesn't explain the difference(s) between the WID Distorted Remix and the WID MS Remix.

"The only thing I don't understand is the WID Shinoda remix on LPU11....they knew we already had that. Perhaps they were rushed to replace another song at the last minute or something.
I still think it was intensional, because it IS different from the original remix version we had.
Oh, what's different? I didn't know that.
As far as I remember, it's a bit shorter. They cut something after the second chorus or something like that.
Also, the difference is the breakdown before the robotic ''I start again, and whatever pain may come, today this ends, I'm forgiving what I've done''. Compare and listen and you will see. I like the LPUX version better."

Don't know where this came from.

The MFR auction winners always have had this going back to 2008 and I saw it personally in 2009 in Switzerland.

I won an MFR auction and got the same M&G as everyone else. No extra time/pictures. Then again, they were late and there was a lot of people there.

I won an MFR auction and got the same M&G as everyone else. No extra time/pictures. Then again, they were late and there was a lot of people there.

MFR isn't VIP. I'm talking about the people who buy like 500 dollars+ packages and get the ''meet Linkin Park'' thing included with everything else they get. I get it. I just think it's fucked up how much the world runs on money.

Edited by Geki

This is a pre-order! Once the pre-order closes in 3 weeks (November 17th at 11:59 PM EST) this design will be gone for ever, so grab one now while you can!

All T-Shirts sold will come with a 1 Year membership to the LP Underground - Details: http://LPUnderground.com

Instructions on signing up for your LPU Membership will be included in your order.

30 select orders will receive a Johnny Cupcakes x LPU poster print autographed by LINKIN PARK*

5 random orders will receive 1 (one) pair of Tickets and Meet & Greet passes at LINKIN PARK's show at The O2 in London on November 24th*

Please note Tickets and Meet & Greet passes are only open to residents of the UK 16+)

Check out the LPU Underground Site for additional details on how to win: http://lpunderground.com/jcrules

#JCLINKINPARKUNDERGROUND

http://shop.johnnycupcakes.com/

Edited by lpliveusername