Opinions about the current setlists

irresistiblecookie

For me, I'd say the transition from Mike's solo to DOYS/LFY.

RTN goes back into the chorus after the verse, and slows down to its regular tempo. The music stops and DOYS comes in. Chester delivers the last line (And a hundred percent reason to remember the name.), with a "bottle effect" to his mic (RaR 2004-esque).

Then they start, and instead of Jay-Z's backing track, C&M alternate, so Mike can take breaths in between. Kinda like Papercut (INSIDE, EYES, LIES! screamed). Keep the bridge samples.

SHORTENED SONGS

It's weird how much it bothers me. I'd be very happy with the setlist if there weren't shortened songs. I was hoping they'd change the set by the time they got to London but it doesn't look likely.

Edited by LINKINMARK

Downgrading what they had from earlier in the summer starting at Tuscon. That setlist wasn't perfect, but it was better than what they've regularly given us since the Living Things Cycle.

Song selection-wise, yes that was better. But overall, Set B begs to differ.

- The most of shortened songs [they could had a "hit" as Until It's Gone, they even create a good live intro and outro for it in european shows, and then shortened it for Carnivores???];

- The lack of varition between the two setlists [don't need to be three, but please, a little more songs];

- Some experiments that didn't work, IMO, as the "Castle of Glass Experience". Replace it with A Light That Never Comes or even another song...

[ironically, when Recharged came out, I dreamed about a mashup between the Recharged and LT Version... but of "Victimized", not CoG :P]

-I think its time to stop playing outros on certain songs like Faint, One Step Closer etc that could make it possible for the shortened songs to be played full.

-Joe's Solo is boring and is only useful when I watch the livestream to have a toilet break. :D

-Alternate Castle Of Glass from Album version and Experience version.

-Play Iridescent in full again.

Edited by wark

- Papercut shortened: they use a long interlude (Blackout) and then play a shorten version of the song? At this point I would drop Blackout and play Papercut in full with his extended intro of 2007-2008.

- The presence of (almost) every Transformers songs: What I Ve Done, New Divide, Until it's Gone and a piece of Iridescent. Is that really necessary? At this point keep WID e UIG and drop ND and the Ballad Medley.

- The bridge of Lying From You: I don't like jay z samples at all on the bridge.

- The Encore of both set: absolutely terrible. Worst encore we ever had.

To sum up what wark said: "Let's drop some of their best songs!"

I never said to drop the entire song. Instead of having a shortened version of LITE or UIG etc, they could just stop playing some of the outros that they have been playing for a long time to make space for the shortened songs to be played in full.

I hate the interludes and shortened songs. I miss when the band used to talk with the crowd at each show, making each one unique. Now it feels like every single show is the same. It was cool seeing Chester do the Ice Bucket Challenge in Wantagh because it was unique to THAT show, not the whole tour, same goes for when Mike did the Ice Bucket Challenge in Holmdel the night before, etc.

A better title for this thread would be

What do you hate/love the most about.............

Why do we always need to throw shit to the band?

Because the setlist sucks.

I never said to drop the entire song. Instead of having a shortened version of LITE or UIG etc, they could just stop playing some of the outros that they have been playing for a long time to make space for the shortened songs to be played in full.

The outros are like less than two minutes combined.