12th LPU Summit to be held in Amsterdam on Nov. 7th

HybridParty

Mike and Phoenix have just announced that the 12th LPU Summit will be held in Amsterdam in the Netherlands, on the Linkin Park YouTube account. This will also be the 3rd LPU Summit this year.

The summit passes will be for sale September 8th on LPU.com

The show appears to be sold out at this point, VIP packages are still available.

Edited by AndOne

where can we get tickets for that show

http://www.ticketmaster.nl/event/linkin-park-tickets/134369

Like you can see here on the official ticketpage of The Netherlands, you can't. Officialy it's sold out.

Maybe you can find some people on the internet who are selling their tickets, but I don't know if it's safe.

I got one question: Does somebody have a real good summary of what a LPU Summit is? I've seen a lot of videos, but the LPU doesn't describe it well... Something like a meet and greet and a backstage tour?

the band calls it a linkin park fan convention. It's an all day event (until the doors for the show open), a get together of the fans with activities like Q&A with the crew, lunch, auction, activities like walk the stage, backstage tour etc., raffle where you can win stuff like a photo with the band, watch the show from the side stage, photo pass, backstage tour with 2 band members, but all that is different from summit to summit.

All that is concluded by a Q&A with the band, maybe an acoustic performance and a big M&G.

You also get to talk to crew members and learn more about touring, how much work it is to make a show happen and so on.

the band calls it a linkin park fan convention. It's an all day event (until the doors for the show open), a get together of the fans with activities like Q&A with the crew, lunch, auction, activities like walk the stage, backstage tour etc., raffle where you can win stuff like a photo with the band, watch the show from the side stage, photo pass, backstage tour with 2 band members, but all that is different from summit to summit.

All that is concluded by a Q&A with the band, maybe an acoustic performance and a big M&G.

You also get to talk to crew members and learn more about touring, how much work it is to make a show happen and so on.

Thanks for your clear info. Sounds like a must have for every die hard fan (They are my favourite band since 2001).

Only problem is that it might get quite expensive. Since the LPU wasn't that great a few years in a row, but the prices became higher, I refused to renew my membership. Only thing really affordable was an online pass, but I never had a reason to do that. I'm not that much into chatting with other fans on a daily base and stuf, and just became a member for the CD and special shirt. But now I'm considering to take an online pass. So that membership will be $20, with $120 for the Summit Pass (based on the New York summit prices), besides €60 for my ticket. So that's like $225 all together, and it isn't even sure that you definatly will get a Summit Pass, because of sold-outs and stuff... So I'm in real doubt.

Edited by Kruspe

the New York summit was $90. It was $120 including the Meet Ups in the park the day before.

Oh damn, sorry. But still... $200 for an extended meet and greet all together, and then that price for multiple persons.

Ahhh f*cking doubt.

Gonna try to get a pass, this is my first LPU year, so I feel blessed also the summit is in my country. I am very curious, since I never attended such kind of event before. This will also be my first LP concert (only saw Dead By Sunrise before here in Amsterdam), so if I will be able to get a pass to the summit, it will be LP overload for me haha.

Gonna try to get a pass, this is my first LPU year, so I feel blessed also the summit is in my country. I am very curious, since I never attended such kind of event before. This will also be my first LP concert (only saw Dead By Sunrise before here in Amsterdam), so if I will be able to get a pass to the summit, it will be LP overload for me haha.

Same for me, Well.. ive never been to ANY concert... I will try to get a Summit ticket and Im going to the concert.

If this combination happens.. then i'm... wow.... blessed #after12yearsoffandom

Same for me, Well.. ive never been to ANY concert... I will try to get a Summit ticket and Im going to the concert.

If this combination happens.. then i'm... wow.... blessed #after12yearsoffandom

Hoping for you guys that you will have a great time, and hopefully we will see some pictures/stories on LPL. Really curious about it. :)

I know how it feels to wait such a long time for your favorite band. I saw LP back in 2007 on Pinkpop, but somehow festival-performances don't count in my opinion. It was a great concert, but the audience was not that great, the performance was in daylight etc. Finally LP has their own concert, for the first time since 2001, when I was too young according to my parents haha.

Edited by Kruspe

I'm sorry but I'm going to be *that* guy here. Congrats to the Netherlands because this is your first real headlining show in AGES and you deserved the band playing a show there. I thought the Summit was going to be in Paris and I am surprised it isn't, but maybe next time.

However, I think it's pretty ridiculous to announce a Summit for a show when the show is already sold out. You are pretty much screwed if you aren't already going to the show due to it being sold out and how many LPUers are actually going to the Summit? The USA Summits didn't sell out AFAIK (Darien didn't sell out, I know that) and a significant amount of people that go are from other cities, states and countries. What do you do if you're coming from somewhere else and can't get a ticket?

I think if they do something like this (announce a Summit after a show is sold out) then they need to reserve a select number of tickets for LPUers.

I'm sorry but I'm going to be *that* guy here. Congrats to the Netherlands because this is your first real headlining show in AGES and you deserved the band playing a show there. I thought the Summit was going to be in Paris and I am surprised it isn't, but maybe next time.

However, I think it's pretty ridiculous to announce a Summit for a show when the show is already sold out. You are pretty much screwed if you aren't already going to the show due to it being sold out and how many LPUers are actually going to the Summit? The USA Summits didn't sell out AFAIK (Darien didn't sell out, I know that) and a significant amount of people that go are from other cities, states and countries. What do you do if you're coming from somewhere else and can't get a ticket?

I think if they do something like this (announce a Summit after a show is sold out) then they need to reserve a select number of tickets for LPUers.

The show isn't technically sold out. Also any LPU member can head to the Summit w/o concert tickets and just stay for the Summit. We always have fans come and do the Summit w/o the concert.

Looking forward to it!

-Lorenzo

I really wanted to go from the UK, being a Friday meant my bf and I could have made a weekend out of it and seen Amsterdam too but never mind. Just Manchester it is!

Edit:

Wait what Lorenzo?!?

Edited by Kirstie

The show isn't technically sold out. Also any LPU member can head to the Summit w/o concert tickets and just stay for the Summit. We always have fans come and do the Summit w/o the concert.

Looking forward to it!

-Lorenzo

Can you elaborate? http://www.ticketmaster.nl/event/134369 Didn't see anything there.

Of course they can do the Summit but a significant majority of fans who come for the Summit definitely want to see the show...I wouldn't travel for a Summit without the show even though I know that does indeed happen, especially for sold out shows.

Hoping for you guys that you will have a great time, and hopefully we will see some pictures/stories on LPL. Really curious about it. :)

I know how it feels to wait such a long time for your favorite band. I saw LP back in 2007 on Pinkpop, but somehow festival-performances don't count in my opinion. It was a great concert, but the audience was not that great, the performance was in daylight etc. Finally LP has their own concert, for the first time since 2001, when I was too young according to my parents haha.

Thanks, I will def. share a story here if I can get a pass. That is always the bummer through festivals, the crowd is so mixed.

btw side question: How do I get a pass tommorow, will the event page lead me to it?

Who the fuck would want to go to 'The Summit' and NOT go to the concert afterwards? I wouldn't even bother going if I couldn't attend the concert after. The Summit isn't all that great. The Meet & Greet is awesome obviously, and so isn't the acoustic performance, but if you're like me and you don't care about the crew or the equipment, it's not all that fun. I'm also probably the most anti-social person ever, so I'm not big into the whole talking with other fans thing.

Edited by Geki

No one would only go to the summit if it's wasn't such a big problem to get a ticket for the show for a decent price at this point.

If you can afford the summit you can probably afford a show ticket too but it's a whole different story when you have to go from a VIP etc. that costs like twice or even more than a regular ticket. There's always a good reason why some people do the summit only.

Camden seemed less chaotic than Darien but Darien is the clear winner between those 2 for me since Darien included the stage tour. My personal favorite is still Hamburg but I think every summit has its own pros and cons.

No one would only go to the summit if it's wasn't such a big problem to get a ticket for the show for a decent price at this point.

If you can afford the summit you can probably afford a show ticket too but it's a whole different story when you have to go from a VIP etc. that costs like twice or even more than a regular ticket. There's always a good reason why some people do the summit only.

Camden seemed less chaotic than Darien but Darien is the clear winner between those 2 for me since Darien included the stage tour. My personal favorite is still Hamburg but I think every summit has its own pros and cons.

My issues with Darien were:

- The time got messed up multiple times. Sweltering heat for hours.

- We got yelled at for just trying to look at some of the LPU merch on the table as we walked in. So stupid.

- I didn't eat the lunch because I don't like thousand island dressing or mayonnaise on a simple turkey sandwich. They should have let us choose what we wanted on it.

- The whole ''vote for a activity and you will get a random event'' thing was bullshit. I wanted to get a bus tour.

- Then we had the raffle. I put in a SHIT TON of money into picture with the band. I didn't win, the same people who win literally every thing ''somehow'' (girl in the pink hat and others) won stuff. But it turns out that it wasn't very good anyways, because it wasn't individual group picture like in Camden, it was all the winners with the band together. I would have been pissed.

Edited by Geki