Seventh Album

Sonic

What would you like to see from the band when it comes to their seventh album? Personally I would like them to take a lighter approach to their music. Not necessarily ballads but stuff more along the lines of major chords, positive lyrics, and an uplifting energy. Songs like The Messenger are uplifting but don't use a house/trance drop to give you the power and emotion. The lighter sections of Mark The Graves brought this cinematic Reanimation meets Minutes type of energy where the song literally felt like it was floating away. Stuff like that is what I really enjoy.

I would like to hear Phoenix sing whether it be in harmony or have is own section like Brad did. The band likes showing off new tricks and voices but they have all of the talent within the band, they don't need to recruit popular artists for credibility.

Also, I'd like the side projects to get back on track after the tour. Three albums in a little less than four years is good enough. They pretty much kept their promise of releasing new music, they don't need to feed us rushed projects anymore and they don't need to try to stay afloat the radio waves anymore which is almost what they are against these days. Fort Minor is itching for a return and if not that, maybe a Mike Shinoda solo record. Mike is more than capable of singing and rapping all by himself and it would make for some interesting music having him do rapping and singing like Believe Me or other popular FM songs.

side note: this is going to be one of my last created threads, I went a little crazy the past few weeks

I literally have no idea what Linkin Park is planning to do for their 7rd album, I just hope it's good. I would have never expected them to go in the direction they did with The Hunting Party after LIVING THINGS, so literally, anything is possible, I think. I'm not sure if they will go back to writing softer, ''indie'' type songs because of the bold statement they made about not wanting to write that kind of music and stuff. I think maybe they will just go in a hard rock direction for a while, maybe a few more albums worth of that stuff.

Edited by Geki

I would like them to do an album with all kinds of music, both heavy and soft. I would like them to do and play something new, like reagge, blues. I would also like them to do some death metal and metalcore. I hope they music will also improve technically, I mean the songs will be more complex etc. I hope there will be more complicated solos and also songs with more electronics. I think Phoenix should appear vocally on the album too, kind of like Brad. I think Phoenix have much better voice than Brad. The most important thing for me is that, the new album will sound like nothing before (kind of like other LP albums except Meteora) and that it will be emotional and atmospheric.

Btw I thought about making topic about their seventh album too.

Edited by TheDamian58C

The Hunting Party is holding up the seventh album :P

I don't think they'll take an extended break like they did between 2004 and 2007, maybe they'll take a year off at most.

I'd like to see something emotional, heavy, atmospheric... Something like ATS and THP comes together. 12 better versions of UIG would be amazing.

I think Until It's Gone and Final Masquerade compliment each others unoriginality. Until It's Gone has the loss in the lyrics column but it certainly has a more diverse sound and time signature change that keeps it interesting. It's structure isn't as tight knit as Masquerade's.

I think we wont see another LP album until Early 2017 at most. If anything i always wonder what it would be like for Mike to put out a solo album, which could end up being a Rap/HipHop mixtape with many guests. With his instrumentals, that would sound bad ass.

Same goes for Chester, it would sound very acoustic and ballad like. At least a small EP would be cool. Just straight up him on Guitar and i think he plays Piano, if im wrong correct me.

Two ideas i hope that could end up going down in the near future and no i dont mean something like Fort Minor and DBS.

After hearing Mark The Graves and A Line In The Sand, I wish the band do a progressive concept album. Something that is inspired from the last part of The Hunting Party and A Thousand Suns.

This. I want to see them dive completely into progressive rock.

Speaking of art, I think A Thousand Suns had the best artwork. Both regular and deluxe booklets were out of this world. Even this post would like cool in that format. It was all:

o0000000?whenTheycmfrme:::

They reanimated the booklet.

My wishlist:

Bring soft cover back.

Offer a deluxe edition with bigger booklet and making DVD.

Continue to feed their hunger from THP.

No guests.

No electronics.

No voice effects.

More than 12 tracks.

One instrumental/interlude.

2016 release date.

Part of me kind of hopes that THP was just a one-off type thing. I don't want them to continue to make this same style of music for each record coming after this. I mean... I guess I could deal with it... I'd rather see them kind of pick up from where they left off after LIVING THINGS. They had a natural direction of where they wanted to go; the folk driven, more acoustic mixed with synth pop type stuff that Mike decided to throw out last year and start writing heavier music. It seems that the band kind of made THP out of whim. They made and released the album in a fairly short amount of time. They threw out all the demos they wrote over a year and a half and started writing the heavier stuff in October of 2013. They then released the album in June 2014, that is a very short amount of time for LP to do that in, it seems that they wrote the songs in about a 2 or 3 month period and then came mixing and release and all that stuff which took a few months as well. It seems the band created THP because Mike was pissed at the current state of rock music and he wanted to make a statement and they just went with it. Say whatever you want about LIVING THINGS, that it sucks or whatever you think, but it definitely WAS a natural progression from A Thousand Suns, the band has said that themselves on numerous occasions. Most fans would have deemed that whatever they put out after A Thousand Suns sucked just because of the high statue that they hold A Thousand Suns on.

What I am saying is that it seemed LP NATURALLY was writing more indie type of songs with the synth-pop influence and I hope they continue on their natural path, whatever it may be, after this album. THP definitely made the statement that they wanted to make, so maybe it is out of their systems at this point. Honestly, my hunger is fed with THP, with the screaming and heavy songs, etc. I wouldn't mind personally if LP wrote stuff that sounded similar to Castle Of Glass, Roads Untraveled, Warm Spell (from Mall), Ammosick (from Mall), Luna (from Mall), etc.) I might actually like seeing them write folky indie synth-pop type stuff.

Part of me kind of hopes that THP was just a one-off type thing. I don't want them to continue to make this same style of music for each record coming after this. I mean... I guess I could deal with it... I'd rather see them kind of pick up from where they left off after LIVING THINGS. They had a natural direction of where they wanted to go; the folk driven, more acoustic mixed with synth pop type stuff that Mike decided to throw out last year and start writing heavier music. It seems that the band kind of made THP out of whim. They made and released the album in a fairly short amount of time. They threw out all the demos they wrote over a year and a half and started writing the heavier stuff in October of 2013. They then released the album in June 2014, that is a very short amount of time for LP to do that in, it seems that they wrote the songs in about a 2 or 3 month period and then came mixing and release and all that stuff which took a few months as well. It seems the band created THP because Mike was pissed at the current state of rock music and he wanted to make a statement and they just went with it. Say whatever you want about LIVING THINGS, that it sucks or whatever you think, but it definitely WAS a natural progression from A Thousand Suns, the band has said that themselves on numerous occasions. Most fans would have deemed that whatever they put out after A Thousand Suns sucked just because of the high statue that they hold A Thousand Suns on.

What I am saying is that it seemed LP NATURALLY was writing more indie type of songs with the synth-pop influence and I hope they continue on their natural path, whatever it may be, after this album. THP definitely made the statement that they wanted to make, so maybe it is out of their systems at this point. Honestly, my hunger is fed with THP, with the screaming and heavy songs, etc. I wouldn't mind personally if LP wrote stuff that sounded similar to Castle Of Glass, Roads Untraveled, Warm Spell (from Mall), Ammosick (from Mall), Luna (from Mall), etc.) I might actually like seeing them write folky indie synth-pop type stuff.

I think all LP albums came naturally, Mike said that when making THP, they was very hyped to do the album. Brad got his teenage desire to play guitar. Every one enjoyed the idea. That Mike was pissed off on the rock state today, was just an addition, he said he already noticed it some years ago.

The timed used on LT wasn't that much different, it might be even shorter, just look how much less LP toured in 2013 than in 2011.

A mix of Hybrid Theory and The Hunting Party would be pretty rad.

A back and forth duet with Chester and Mike would be sweet. Or both singing an entire song together. I'm sure Mike can sing really well. We just don't have a recording of him at his best. No Roads Left is the best we got. Rebellion just doesn't showcase Mike's singing ability as NRL does.

Hmm, maybe Chester rapping, but not electronic like Blackout.

I'd like them to try something they've never done before. I hope it doesn't turn out to be a fail.

I think all LP albums came naturally, Mike said that when making THP, they was very hyped to do the album. Brad got his teenage desire to play guitar. Every one enjoyed the idea. That Mike was pissed off on the rock state today, was just an addition, he said he already noticed it some years ago.

The timed used on LT wasn't that much different, it might be even shorter, just look how much less LP toured in 2013 than in 2011.

LP wrote all of 2011/half of 2012 for LIVING THINGS. LP also wrote on the road the whole time. They wrote on the road during the LIVING THINGS cycle as well, but Mike decided to scrap literally everything in October of 2013, which they were no longer on tour during that point. That is what I was trying to say. I know that the band will only release music that they are proud of and that they love, but The Hunting Party seemed like it had a goal in mind, like it was sort of a ''passion project'' type thing to kind of combat the current rock radio music. Do you understand what I mean?

LP wrote all of 2011/half of 2012 for LIVING THINGS. LP also wrote on the road the whole time. They wrote on the road during the LIVING THINGS cycle as well, but Mike decided to scrap literally everything in October of 2013, which they were no longer on tour during that point. That is what I was trying to say. I know that the band will only release music that they are proud of and that they love, but The Hunting Party seemed like it had a goal in mind, like it was sort of a ''passion project'' type thing to kind of combat the current rock radio music. Do you understand what I mean?

Yes I understeand, but LT had kind of goal too. LT goal was to make kind of blend of what they did at the time (electronics like ATS) and what they did in the past (energy like in HT), in a modern style (folk/pop). Most of LP albums had a goal. But all their goals came naturally.

I forgot they wrote when they was on tour. I think that since they have a lot of experience in writing music, they had guests, they did 2 instrumentals (we already know that Drawbar took one day to make), some of THP parts was improvised, so it took less time.