No DSPs / Record Shows!

hahninator

There will be no DSPs in 2014! From what we can tell, the Digital Souvenir Package program and Linkin Park's selling of their audio recordings of shows has come to an end and will not continue for The Hunting Party World Tour. The last shows sold as DSPs were from South Africa in 2012.

If you are seeing the European Tour for Linkin Park and can record the show, please do! Audio or video. We know of a few Euro shows being covered and we'll post downloads on the site both during and after the tour. Let us know if you record something and want to share it - we'll post it for download.

It's up to the fans from this point forward. If you want to watch or hear the show you attend again...record it! A camcorder and/or audio rig can go a long way.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dylan is with BSB and is not with LP right now. Yes LP still records every show. Management refuses to sell the shows anymore is the problem.

Well, if Pooch still records the shows and keep then, then that's a good sign of hope, but I still wonder why the Management won't let LP sell the shows anymore? is it because of the bootleggings in General or something?

This is going to be the first proper US tour that hasn't had DSP's since 2004! Kind of insane when you think about it. It's going to suck, but we might get some good recordings this year. Download especially, I really want to hear that full show..

Management won't sell them anymore because they were selling badly in 2012. That's entirely their fault for not promoting them AT ALL though. Seems like a weak cop out. All they have to do is post it on social media. People will buy them. Or put them on the screens at the shows during the LP set / encore break. It's not hard.

Hope some fans could use 2014's technical equipment to record those concerts(Many old shows' bootlegs suck)

Smart phone could record very good quality(lossless 16bit or higher) audio by using good app(like recforge pro hificorder and so on.....) now :D

Edited by Vorist

Is it really possible to record in good quality from a smart phone? Cuz I could definitely do that from my iPhone 4S, but it's an outdated iPhone model (obviously) and it probably would come out bad.

Is it really possible to record in good quality from a smart phone? Cuz I could definitely do that from my iPhone 4S, but it's an outdated iPhone model (obviously) and it probably would come out bad.

probably not. phone mics are not designed for anything other than speaking volume and pitch, they can't handle loud, bass-heavy frequencies. plus even if you close all apps, you still have so many other features running in the background on your phone that you'd lose battery quite quickly!

There are some cellphones that are great to record concerts for example: Galaxy Zoom, Xperia Z2, the Nokia that has a 42mpx camera, those record great video and awesome audio.

I've recorded stuff in the past on my phone and it sounded decent. iOs7 came with the Voice Memos feature and that actually sounds decent when I record stuff. Maybe I will record 2 songs or something, depending on where I am at the show.

I've recorded stuff in the past on my phone and it sounded decent. iOs7 came with the Voice Memos feature and that actually sounds decent when I record stuff. Maybe I will record 2 songs or something, depending on where I am at the show.

no harm in giving it a go.

and yes, it really depends on where you're standing - I caught a few things on video from a club show a few months back, I wasn't "taping", just capturing a few special bits, anyway, mid-show I moved out of the pit and stood near the back, and the difference in sound quality between the videos was really noticeable, it's all about the projection of the PA, the drums, etc. and where the best sound is sitting in the room, which varies venue by venue, and arenas are a totally different ball game.

At least the recordings will be allowed on Dime again. That prevented me from uploading almost everything I recorded. The DSPs pretty much killed the (small) taping community, no one really wanted sucky audience recording from a show when there's a DSP. The lack of European shows recently and the rising usage of mobile phones for recording played their parts too.

At least the recordings will be allowed on Dime again. That prevented me from uploading almost everything I recorded. The DSPs pretty much killed the (small) taping community, no one really wanted sucky audience recording from a show when there's a DSP. The lack of European shows recently and the rising usage of mobile phones for recording played their parts too.

I also don't understand why Dime banned the St. Paulo 2012 Proshot and a few other recordings, just because there's a DSP of it, like buy the DSP, and then compare it to the Proshot audio and the AUD audio from Camera, MUCH difference there ;) not a reason to ban those shows which have DSPs

I also don't understand why Dime banned the St. Paulo 2012 Proshot and a few other recordings, just because there's a DSP of it, like buy the DSP, and then compare it to the Proshot audio and the AUD audio from Camera, MUCH difference there ;) not a reason to ban those shows which have DSPs

Dime has a stupid restriction which says you can't upload any other source of a show which released officially. So if 1 song was released officially from a show, you have to remove that song from the torrent.

Their rules are debatable but they have theirs for a reason, Dime is a huge site which exists for a long time now and this is their way to avoid legal conflicts.

If you say you don't understand why it was banned just shows that you actually never read the rules. Other sites allow alternative sources and so do we.