Fake Linkin Park Songs

Did anyone heard about "Xero - Internet Emcees"?

That was a fake one that made the rounds a LONG time ago, around the end of the Meteora period (2004-early 2005, pre-Fort Minor). I haven't heard it in ages and can't remember who it's actually by, but I remember it being a really short (~1:30) song.

By the way, I figure it's probably a good idea to point out that the pre-Hybrid Theory Xero isn't the only band to have gone by the name "Xero." There's a Cleveland, OH-based metal band called Xero that released a bunch of demos/EPs in the early 2000s, there's an Irish band by the same name that released a CD in 2006, and there was an old British heavy metal band called Xero that was active in the 70s and 80s...they most notably had a song called "Lone Wolf" which featured a then-unknown Bruce Dickinson on vocals.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a lot of fake songs on a fake album called "Minutes to Midnight (Advance)"

This is one and "Splitting DNA" are the most known fake LP albums, but "Splitting DNA" doesn't contain that much fake songs (if it contains fake songs at all).

http://mp3shake.com/en/songs/linkin_park/m...vance%29-23362/

Most of them are Tribal Ink songs, some of them are Grey Daze, only one is LP and it's Qwerty live.

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...
OMG my troll is in LP Live hahah

"Tupac And Biggie Tribute" itself it's a fake!

The original song is "Starting At The Sun" by The Booda Velvets (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5rrJIQAAXw) remixed by City Clay (you can check them on MySpace).

About the "feat. Thirty Seconds To Mars" fake version... it's actually a troll that I made last year.

I modified it, with a lower quality, and uploaded on YouTube as "Linkin Park feat. Thirty Seconds To Mars - NEW SONG 2014 LEAKED" hahahahah

Anyway, I found a new fake: "Linkin Park - System (2015)": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SorXPMCRS54

Does anybody know something about this song? Is it from another artist or just a fan-made thing?

OMG my troll is in LP Live hahah
"Tupac And Biggie Tribute" itself it's a fake!
The original song is "Starting At The Sun" by The Booda Velvets (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5rrJIQAAXw) remixed by City Clay (you can check them on MySpace).
About the "feat. Thirty Seconds To Mars" fake version... it's actually a troll that I made last year.
I modified it, with a lower quality, and uploaded on YouTube as "Linkin Park feat. Thirty Seconds To Mars - NEW SONG 2014 LEAKED" hahahahah
Anyway, I found a new fake: "Linkin Park - System (2015)": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SorXPMCRS54
Does anybody know something about this song? Is it from another artist or just a fan-made thing?

THANK YOU for the info about the City Clay track. There was always a bizarre lack of information about that track out there, good to have that settled.

Not sure exactly who all is behind that "System" song, but I have a feeling "B. Roman" in the comments saying the chorus has Chester on it is Broman from LPA...who is well-known for having a fairly Chester-like singing voice. It's probably him doing the vocals and he's just trolling. :lol:

THANK YOU for the info about the City Clay track. There was always a bizarre lack of information about that track out there, good to have that settled.

Not sure exactly who all is behind that "System" song, but I have a feeling "B. Roman" in the comments saying the chorus has Chester on it is Broman from LPA...who is well-known for having a fairly Chester-like singing voice. It's probably him doing the vocals and he's just trolling. :lol:

Gee thanks, lol :D

I've finally found the actual artist tho. A Russian nu-metal band called Boston's Lane.

Not too great live, but studio recordings definitely sound Linkin Park-ish. As for the vocals, that's the only song the lead vocalist sounds anything like Chester. Shame :/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5-mEGLA4XA

If you mean System, that's not Broman.

I completely missed Broman's post above mine. My bad... I feel dumb now. Either way, I think the vocals in the chorus still sound pretty good. Not really a fan of the rest of the song, though.

I completely missed Broman's post above mine. My bad... I feel dumb now. Either way, I think the vocals in the chorus still sound pretty good. Not really a fan of the rest of the song, though.

The rap is so cringeworthy because it's slurred so badly.

BTW does anyone have the mp3 of the Spiritfall track My Reason?

I love that song

I have Spiritfall's entire discography somewhere...as in "somewhere on one of the two full spindles of unlabeled data CDs on my bookshelf" somewhere...:lol:

Its all good, lol. For future references, this is my voice. Kind of different from these guys.

I write music with a friend. We have been working on album material for the last 7-8 months. Its all just for fun, but getting signed with an actual band would be awesomely intense, I certainly wouldn't mind it :)

• 3 months later...

About "The Team" and "Explode"... where these song names came from?

There was supposedly an eBay auction about 12 years ago where someone was selling a VHS tape of a Xero show that took place at the Lynus Brook Club in Los Angeles on August 10th, 1997. Those two songs were part of the setlist, which was as follows:

01. Rhinestone

02. The Team

03. Reading My Eyes

04. Untitled

05. Explode

06. Rhinestone (Part 2)

07. Now I See

08. Fuse

There are three HUGE problems with this though...

-Outside of discussion directly related to this supposed Xero show, there is no evidence anywhere on the entire Internet that the "Lynus Brook Club" ever existed.

-Mark Wakefield is not credited as a co-writer of With You or In the End (while he is on other songs that originated during the Xero era - A Place for My Head, Forgotten, and Runaway), making the existence of Now I See/Untitled during the Xero era an impossibility.

-The date of this show (August 10th) falls before the Whisky a Go Go show on November 14th where Xero opened for System of a Down, which has been confirmed to have been the band's first show.

And on top of that, NOBODY who was part of the LP trading community back in 2003-2004 that I've talked to recalls ever seeing this eBay auction. There's an old LPA messageboard topic from 2004 that briefly mentions it being discussed on mIRC (how's that for a throwback?), so I've always figured somebody just made the whole thing up on there. Over a decade later, and this obviously fake show is STILL referenced on sites like Setlist.fm and LPA's Wiki. *sigh*

Edited by Astat

"The Team" and "Explode" from the notorious Lynus Brook Club setlist can go here.

I'm not sure about this. There's no fake mp3 of these songs that I know of, so I think it wouldn't fit this list.

If I list them, I would have to also list things like "March Of The Dead" and "Viserion" from that fake The Hunting Party tracklist.

I'm not sure about this. There's no fake mp3 of these songs that I know of, so I think it wouldn't fit this list.

If I list them, I would have to also list things like "March Of The Dead" and "Viserion" from that fake The Hunting Party tracklist.

"Fake titles" section in this thread will solve it.