Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Thousand Horizons (LPU Summit #5)
Linkin Park Live Forums > Headquarters > Newswire
Pages: 1, 2
Hahninator
Linkin Park has announced today that their "A Thousand Horizons" event will be streaming live online, viewable here. The event will be live from Tokyo at 4:00 AM PDT (Sept 9).

"A Thousand Horizons" has two parts - a museum and an event (art show). The museum is free but the event is for LPU members only - a part of the LPU Summit in Tokyo. The official description reads: "Before the final leg of their A Thousand Suns World Tour, Linkin Park will present a unique charity art show, honoring the victims of the March 11th earthquake and tsunami disaster. A brand new film, featuring an unreleased Linkin Park remix, will be screened at this unique event at Tokyo’s NicoFarre space." LP will also be doing a Q&A session after the art show.

Who will be watching the event live? What unreleased song do you think will be presented at the event?

UPDATE: Chester sang 'The Messenger', LP presented their art show with a few remixes of songs and then did a Q&A session! Discuss below!
aravind221
quite interesting , an amazing experience to watch online even though cant make it biggrin.gif remix video maybe blackout , wretches and kings , when they come for me or catalyst wink.gif
nike724
As long as it's not The Catalyst I don't mind which song they remix. I think we've heard enough catalyst remixes to last us a lifetime lol

I'm looking forward to this though, it could turn out pretty sweet.
Djthemoney
man i can´t watch it :/ could somebody please screen record or something anything even just the sound i´m realy into al this soundcheck stuff
DogFan_LP
Some new stuff will definitely going on here.
But if we're talking about the setlist, it might get some changes yes! Alot of us thought that the Seoul, Korea setlist would be something totally new, but it ended up as the B16.
Anyway, rumors tell us a comeback of "With You", "Somewhere I Belong" and that "Robot Boy" will be performed live for the first time.

It's not impossible, let's watch this stuff closer tonight and see where it takes us!
Hahninator
QUOTE (DogFan_LP @ Sep 8 2011, 07:23 PM) *
Some new stuff will definitely going on here.
But if we're talking about the setlist, it might get some changes yes! Alot of us thought that the Seoul, Korea setlist would be something totally new, but it ended up as the B16.
Anyway, rumors tell us a comeback of "With You", "Somewhere I Belong" and that "Robot Boy" will be performed live for the first time.

It's not impossible, let's watch this stuff closer tonight and see where it takes us!

I thought Seoul would be the same as Hong Kong. LP always does the same set a few times to start a tour. The first 2 shows are over so it's time for the new set in Tokyo. Game time for LP.
Serenity of Ashes
QUOTE (Hahninator @ Sep 8 2011, 05:26 PM) *
I thought Seoul would be the same as Hong Kong. LP always does the same set a few times to start a tour. The first 2 shows are over so it's time for the new set in Tokyo. Game time for LP.

I love how we all track LP's setlists like it's football or something. Only us fans.
Astat
The webcast of this was announced the same day that the event was originally announced.

And shit, this is going to be on at 5:30 AM here. Stay up late, or get up early? Either one sucks.

*Edit* Nevermind, once you sign up, you can use the "Time Shift" button to watch it later. That's pretty sweet.
Dexter
Who knows, maybe it's a remix of an old song. Oh well, one can dream...
jurhiat
I guess it will be 'A Thousand Suns' from beginning to end with an alternate mix by Mr. Hahn...
maybe new intros/outros, something (even) more atmospheric... can't wait!
Xero21
I will be waking up at 6:30 am for this. Should be good.
Hahninator
QUOTE (Xero21 @ Sep 8 2011, 09:45 PM) *
I will be waking up at 6:30 am for this. Should be good.

Same. Hope it's worth the short amount of sleep lol
lerkid
Staying up all Night for this. Going to be exciting smile.gif
jurhiat
...Argh!! I can't stay up all night long... I'm going to sleep a lil' bit and wake up at 5:30... see you in a couple hours!!! As Haninator said, hope it's worth the short amount of sleep!!!

biggrin.gif
Sheldor
Robot Boy, 6 hour extened Jornada del Muerto - it's fucking going down.
Op4blushift
Did everyone miss astats post above or what? Theres a time shift option you can use if you sign in lol tongue.gif
Iwwmoy
The remix is of the song "Waiting For The End". Mike posted a preview on his blog. Here's the link:

http://mikeshinoda.com/2011/09/08/response..._medium=twitter
Sheldor
QUOTE (Iwwmoy @ Sep 9 2011, 05:25 PM) *
The remix is of the song "Waiting For The End". Mike posted a preview on his blog. Here's the link:

http://mikeshinoda.com/2011/09/08/response..._medium=twitter

No. That's a fan remix by Derek from the Linkin Park Association. The remix has been described as 'unreleased'. That's released. LOL
Strandty
I think it will be Iridescent, with them asking people to send in themselves singing the song maybe?
Sheldor
QUOTE (Strandty @ Sep 9 2011, 06:11 PM) *
I think it will be Iridescent, with them asking people to send in themselves singing the song maybe?

No! Don't say that! No! Please! Never!
DogFan_LP
QUOTE (Sheldor @ Sep 9 2011, 06:55 AM) *
Robot Boy, 6 hour extened Jornada del Muerto - it's fucking going down.

Hahahaha biggrin.gif
BEACHBOI13
Can somebody record this?
Strandty
QUOTE (BEACHBOI13 @ Sep 9 2011, 11:22 AM) *
Can somebody record this?

Was thinking this myself haha, if i knew how i would since im going to watch it smile.gif but a rip would be awesome.
lerkid
FALLOUT
W&K
The Catalyst Remix
Serenity of Ashes
Bleh, it's laggy as all hell. Guess I'll have to do the timeshift option.

Lol, "Waithing for the End."
Schidow
Sound: Ok!
Video: freezed -.-

Is someone recording this? tongue.gif

Edit: Haha, after i wrote this lines it worked. -.-
lprul
Holy Sh!t Blackout sounded Great!
LGraham
ok, the site is just failing on me...
I hope someone's recording this smile.gif
Strandty
That was so so awesome! hope someone recorded!
Serenity of Ashes
QUOTE (LGraham @ Sep 9 2011, 05:11 AM) *
ok, the site is just failing on me...
I hope someone's recording this smile.gif

Or you can also reserve it by hitting the Timeshift button. smile.gif Watch it at your leisure.

Oh, hey look, Chester's performing The Messenger live!
Strandty
Chester singing The Messenger on stage on his own <3
lprul
Chester just came To Sing The Messenger!!!!!!@#!@3
deano
they are all on stage now
Serenity of Ashes
Yup, Q&A time.
I suppose it's worth noting that Rob and Brad aren't present. Wonder why. Coincidentally the two members who are not on Twitter...yet.
LGraham
have only just got it working - guess i missed the show then sad.gif
I have to watch in low bit-rate and the quality's annoying me... - If someone recorded it, I'll watch it when it's not lagging

EDIT: and before you say it, I know there's a time lage button, but I can't find it anymore!
Subs
A user on LPA who attended the first part said he thinks he heard a Blackout remix. I hope to god that's true.

I'm assuming I need to register on Niconico to watch the show right ? as no video is visible when you click the link.
Serenity of Ashes
QUOTE (Subs @ Sep 9 2011, 05:31 AM) *
A user on LPA who attended the first part said he thinks he heard a Blackout remix. I hope to god that's true.

I'm assuming I need to register on Niconico to watch the show right ? as no video is visible when you click the link.

Yes, you need to register.
Also, I wouldn't exactly call it a Blackout remix; the first part of the song was normal, but after the glitch breakdown it started playing the ending to a more electronic beat, which I suppose is the remix. So only part of the song was remixed.
LGraham
QUOTE (Subs @ Sep 9 2011, 12:31 PM) *

yeah you have to register,

but i'm trying to un-register and I can't find ANYTHING that'll do it... only register if you're sure...
EDIT: I have to wait 30 mins apparently... ffs...
Subs
Ive signed in using FB now so its all good.

Its already been played has it, the " remix ", I missed it.
Serenity of Ashes
QUOTE (Subs @ Sep 9 2011, 05:43 AM) *
Ive signed in using FB now so its all good.

Its already been played has it, the " remix ", I missed it.

Yeah it's been over for a while now. It should replay in 15 minutes.
linkin_boss
I hope someone rip this, it was really cool
Conscience
Haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate! biggrin.gif
Conscience
Mike is such a nice guy, he seems so happy to sign all the stuff, as opposed to Joe......
SlimQ
Haters gonna hate , potatos gonna potate. Ye it was awesome biggrin.gif
Serenity of Ashes
Guess I was wrong about fifteen minutes. Wonder when they'll have it up.
michalangelo
Nice show smile.gif Recorded, will be up shortly @ youtube
And later @ usual place wink.gif
feelthless
QUOTE (michalangelo @ Sep 9 2011, 08:16 AM) *
Nice show smile.gif Recorded, will be up shortly @ youtube
And later @ usual place wink.gif

I love you.
Freestyle99
QUOTE (michalangelo @ Sep 9 2011, 07:16 AM) *
Nice show Recorded, will be up shortly @ youtube And later @ usual place
thank you,guys. And setlist?
Serenity of Ashes
And for people who reserved a Timeshift, the video just closed at 5:18 so you will be able to watch it again at 5:48.
michalangelo
QUOTE (Freestyle99 @ Sep 9 2011, 02:20 PM) *
thank you,guys. And setlist?

01. Visuals
02. Messenger Acoustic Live
03. Chat
04. Signature battle
LOL
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.