Rick Rubin Producing Next LP Album?

hahninator

By now, everyone is familiar with Rick Rubin. After the band worked with Don Gilmore on two albums, Hybrid Theory and Meteora, they decided to work with Rick Rubin on their next three - Minutes To Midnight, A Thousand Suns and LIVING THINGS.

Linkin Park has been simultaneously working on both the soundtrack and score to "The Mall" (a Joe Hahn film) as well as their next album. Mike recently posted on his Twitter account a picture of Rick Rubin's studio with the following message:

"Worked with Rick Rubin at his place this week. This was where they worked on the Kanye / Yeezus record; it also was the birthplace of dozens of legendary songs we all love. The room doesn't feel like any particular kind of music to me. Just has a nice vibe and feels like a fine place to create new things."

This is possibly (and probably) a picture of Rick's Shangri La Studio in Malibu, CA. Shinoda could be working on anything (he's known for working on several projects at once) but it's possible that this is referencing the new Linkin Park record.

Do you think the band will go with Rick Rubin again for their new album? Or do you think Mike is working with Rick on something different?

Yeah, Rick producing Linkin Park music always appeals to me. Not that I was impressed by Living Things, but it's definitely not his fault lol. I love how he changed the way the band writes music and MTM and ATS are incredible records. Hope their next record is at least as remarkable as those two. :)

Rick Rubin will be the producer, they said it in several interviews. Just check my Site or MSC.

Maybe Chester is busy with STP and Mike is writing some lyrics with Rubin. I love the idea btw.

If Hybrid Theory had lot of collabs in lyrics why the next album can't have some?...

Mike: if you are reading this, i like the idea! Keep doing it! :D

I love Rick Rubin, especially all the work he has done with LP. I hope the 6th album is a Rick Rubin and Mike produced album again. I hope they continue working with Rick for a while, maybe a few more records. It would be cool to see them work with someone else, but I do enjoy Rick so it's fine by me.

I don't get it when people complain about Rick producing the albums.. Honestly its produced by themselves and Rick just shows up from time to time to offer them advice, words of wisdom, and guidance.

That might be the problem people have.

Yet, I would rather have LP making the music they want to make, no matter what it sounds like, than to be pressured and swayed from a douchebag producer *cough*DonGilmore*cough*

I agree completely, and I've like every single one of the records Rick Rubin produces, but a lot of people think that with a better producer, LIVING THINGS might have been better, when in reality it was that time limit they set on themselves.

but a lot of people think that with a better producer, LIVING THINGS might have been better, when in reality it was that time limit they set on themselves.

but don't forget that those are the same people who worship MTM, which also produced by Rick Rubin. Edited by Skipees

I can barely listen to the Linkin Park albums that weren't produced by Rick Rubin anymore. The last three albums are just so much better than the first two in my opinion. Hybrid Theory was one of my favorite albums for a long time and it will always be special to me since it was the first album I ever owned, but I think I've outgrown it and moved on.

I'm down for Rick Rubin again, people keep saying that Living Things wasn't the best because of him as well as the band but that record was their version of a return to the roots type album, with the whole don't forget who we are today songs added in. He did an insane job with ATS and M2M, ATS being my favorite LP record to listen to, especially as a whole. Definitely ok with him producing again :).

musically, lyrically, or both?

Honestly - both. Though Hybrid Theory does have some interesting musical moments in A Place For My Head and a couple other places.

Those albums just don't appeal to me anymore the way they did when I was a pre-teen/teen.