• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 JZE

JZE

Chester is part of my soul.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,039 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:36 AM

Mike surprised the fans and appeared in the LPU chat last night. This is what he said:

-They still don't know what they are going to play for the Sunset Strip & Asia shows, the sets might be similar.

-About 'I'LL BE GONE' live: ''I would love to play I'LL BE GONE, but I dont know if its going to happen''.

- No plans for more cover songs.

- About 'SKIN TO BONE' & 'Robot Boy': ''Some songs weren't made to be played live, we might play them somehow but we have other songs in mind, those songs are made of samples and keys if the band was made of 6 Shinodas we could play them''.

- No plans for another song for Transformers.

- Stone Temple Pilots: ''Chester is doing great with STP, I have nothing to do with them, I offered myself to work with them but they ended up doing their thing by themselves.''

- He said ''Hey Mike, play Carousel live!''

- He doesnt likes the new Nine Inch Nails song.

Thoughts?

Edited by Hahninator, 27 June 2013 - 09:36 AM.

feqma7S.png

LINKIN PARK #1 FAN FROM MEXICO SINCE 2001

#2 minuteforce

minuteforce

Lurker

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:40 AM

STP: ''Chester is doing great with STP, I have nothing to do with them, i offered myself to work with them but they ended up doing their thing by themselves.''

Definitely for the best, at the very least because Shinoda is now working on the next Linkin Park album.

AwrmwbD.png

Used to take one / now, it takes four

GBKaixh.png

#3 Skipees

Skipees

The Lord Of The Lists

• Staff
    • Linkinpedia Team
  • 6,077 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:47 AM

-No plans for another song
for Transformers

Chester said the band won't say no if they will be asked to, so it's possible.

-They still don't know what they are going to play for the Sunset Strip & Asia shows, sets might be similar.

Singleset again :mellow:

- About Skin To Bone & Robot Boy: ''Some songs weren't made to be played live, we might play them somehow but we have other songs in mind, those songs are made of samples and keys if the band was made of 6 Shinodas we could play them''

sounds very interesting.

Edited by Skipees, 27 June 2013 - 04:50 AM.

7owZTdI.pngbannerleft.pngk6Fgz7a.png

Made for the fans, by the fans

#4 Astat

Astat

Rebel

• VIP
  • 4,470 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:14 AM

If they play anything at the Sunset Strip/Asia shows that hasn't already been played this year, I will be truly amazed.

Mike Shinoda ‏@mikeshinoda

@lplive Contrary to popular belief, none of us actually know what we're talking about. FYI

#5 Skipees

Skipees

The Lord Of The Lists

• Staff
    • Linkinpedia Team
  • 6,077 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:20 AM

maybe they wants to surprise so he said the sets might be similar, and then..

#6 Joe_lp

Joe_lp

FARC Rebel #1

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:13 AM

Well Mike randomly appeared and this is what he said:

-They still don't know what they are going to play for the Sunset Strip & Asia shows, sets might be similar

Posted Image

Why am i not surprised?

Edited by Joe_lp, 27 June 2013 - 09:14 AM.

Cheez, manager for Sublime "But Brad is probably the most un-rock-and-roll dude I know. I mean, those headphones he wears on stage? He's not wearing those because they're monitors. They're like gun headphones so he can't hear anything. Who does that?"

<@Hahninatr> next julien-k show I go to im making a shirt that says "I AM NOT A FUCKING DUMBASS FROM THE JULIEN-K FORUMS, I ACTUALLY HAVE AN IQ"

#7 ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese

From The Inside Enthusiast

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:42 AM

Why the hell might I'll Be Gone not happen?? What's the problem? Also, Skin to Bone definitely cannot be as hard as Robot Boy to translate live.

Did somebody order some cheese?
Charlotte, NC 8/08/07      Charlotte, NC 7/31/08      New York City, NY 2/04/11    Bristow, VA 8/10/12

West Palm Beach, FL 8/08/14    Tampa, FL 8/09/14    Charlotte, NC 8/12/14    Bristow, VA 8/13/14 

Camden, NJ 8/15/14    Mansfield, MA 8/16/14    Holmdel, NJ 8/18/14   Wantagh, NY 8/19/14    Buffalo, NY 8/21/14    Los Angeles, CA 10/27/17

#8 DecanoLP

DecanoLP

Idol

• VIP
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:44 AM

Mike surprised the fans and appeared in the LPU chat last night. This is what he said:

-They still don't know what they are going to play for the Sunset Strip & Asia shows, the sets might be similar.

<_< <_<
"Singing at their top of their lungs, being passionate, some people cry when their favourite song comes on, people rip their clothes off... This never happens anywhere except in music. And that's beautiful." - Chester Bennington

#9 mt2oo8

mt2oo8

Casual

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:47 AM

"He said ''Hey Mike, play Carousel live!'' Definitely want to see some older songs being played live, such as Easier to Run, Figure 09, By Myself. Even maybe some Xero or Hybrid Theory demos!

Matthew J Robertson

#10 wiiesel

wiiesel

The fortunate one

• Donator
  • 2,195 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:51 AM

''I would love to play all the other songs of LT, but I dont know if its going to happen''. :ph34r: Be prepared to hear/see nothing new or old.

Edited by wiiesel, 27 June 2013 - 09:52 AM.

#11 LPngdf

LPngdf

Soldier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:53 AM

Definitely want to see some older songs being played live, such as Easier to Run, Figure 09, By Myself. Even maybe some Xero or Hybrid Theory demos!

will not gonna happen <_<

2010.10.20 Berlin, O2World

2014.06.05 Wroclaw, Stadion Miejski

2015.09.03 Berlin, Stadion an der alten Försterei

2017.06.12 Berlin, Mercedes-Benz Arena

#12 lpliveusername

lpliveusername

Rebel

• Editor
    • Linkinpedia Team
  • 3,115 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:57 AM

- He said ''Hey Mike, play Carousel live!''

Yeah Mike, do it.

#13 RogueSoul

RogueSoul

"Sorry for the leaks"

• Staff
    • Linkinpedia Team
  • 7,592 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:34 AM

-About 'I'LL BE GONE' live: ''I would love to play I'LL BE GONE, but I dont know if its going to happen''.

1) I legitimately facepalmed.
2) Why the hell would they not play IBG? I'd imagine it'd be as easy as IMR to pull off.
3) Something I can agree with.

I WILL THE SONG PICTUREBOARD

All Attended Shows
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | YouTube Channel 1 | YouTube Channel 2 | DiscogsSoundcloud | Last.fm | Google+ | LPU

Join the official LPLive Discord Community / the LPL Help Line!

Check out my review website, Immortal Reviews (approved by Mike Shinoda)!

Listen to my new song 'Relativity' now!

#14 rgoncalves

rgoncalves

Roadie

• PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:56 AM

If the setlist for sunset strip festival will be equal/similar as previous sets, why the flyers have the names of hybrid theory and xero and why all the work for it?

Attended:
26/05/12 - Lisboa, PT

30/05/14 - Lisboa, PT
23/08/14 - Montreal, QC 

06/09/15 - Roma, IT

22/06/17 - Madrid, ES

#15 Skipees

Skipees

The Lord Of The Lists

• Staff
    • Linkinpedia Team
  • 6,077 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:04 AM

If the setlist for sunset strip festival will be equal/similar as previous sets, why the flyers have the names of hybrid theory and xero and why all the work for it?

because their history starts there, it's a sentimental thing. you can be sure that the most of the setlist will contain Linkin Park songs, and not Hybrid Theory or Xero songs anyway.

Edited by Skipees, 27 June 2013 - 11:08 AM.

#16 JZE

JZE

Chester is part of my soul.

• 4,039 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:38 AM

What I see about Skin To Bone is that it is as difficult to play as any other songs for them, the problem is: Mike does lead vocals on this one and he might sound extremely weird while singing it live the same problem with NRL he sounded like sh!! when he sang it.

feqma7S.png

LINKIN PARK #1 FAN FROM MEXICO SINCE 2001

#17 MacGyver

MacGyver

Idol

• 1,545 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:44 AM

So boring setlist for the show, the same songs again.

RESIDENT SKUMFUK
Can I ask a question? What makes you happy? I wonder what makes you happy does it make others happy, too?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2hrfqkj.jpg

#18 SasstielExperience

SasstielExperience

Master of Sass and Pessimism

• Staff
    • Linkinpedia Team
  • 2,754 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:40 PM

I'm disappointed, but not at all surprised.

What the hell? I see no issues with IBG live. In all honesty, I think it would be easier to translate into a live setting than some of the other LT songs (see LGM).

- No plans for more cover songs.

I'm not really bothered by this. I was never a huge fan of the cover songs anyway.

- About 'SKIN TO BONE' & 'Robot Boy': ''Some songs weren't made to be played live, we might play them somehow but we have other songs in mind, those songs are made of samples and keys if the band was made of 6 Shinodas we could play them''.

I could think of a few ways around this, like playing a stripped down version of it on piano or something, but I understand that there are other issues with playing these songs, namely in terms of vocals. Also, this bit really stuck out to me: "but we have other songs in mind". This could mean a lot of things. It could simply mean the songs they are already playing live, new songs off of the new record, or older songs that have been dropped. That could be interpreted in many ways.

- No plans for another song for Transformers.

Chester said in an interview once that they wouldn't say no if it came up.

- Stone Temple Pilots: ''Chester is doing great with STP, I have nothing to do with them, I offered myself to work with them but they ended up doing their thing by themselves.''

It seems like it's for the best, as Mike is needed with LP for their new record. However, Mike working with STP as simply a producer would be pretty cool and definitely change things up with them and how they sound.

Agreed.

Edited by Castle of Glass, 27 June 2013 - 12:41 PM.

Nickleaks / Jesus

She said, "Are you okay?" / And I'm staring into space
It's making her nervous cause one thing is certain / I don't have my head on straight
We're trying to get through each week / On two or three hours of sleep
I say to be patient / That we're going to make it
I have to admit that I'm struggling

24.08.12 - Tinley Park, IL; 29.08.14 - Tinley Park, IL; 18.01.15 - Indianapolis, IN; 14.08.17 - Tinley Park, IL; 27.10.17 - Los Angeles, CA

11.11.18 - Chicago, IL; 16.11.18 - Detroit, MI

#19 mrfox

mrfox

Veteran

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:57 PM

and what about older DSPs, no one asked?

#20 maik_gianino

maik_gianino

Idol

• 1,701 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:16 PM

I would like to add:

He said that the band will work to adjust the Set to add new LT songs. He said that to me when i asked about new Living Things songs on SSMF or Asian Tour.

Also he said that they didn't start the reheasals for the next Shows, and thats why he is unsure about the Setlist and I'll Be Gone (i asked about IBG too)

Plus i asked about if Skin To Bone was hard to play live like Robot Boy and he said that those songs can't be played live because of the samplers and keyboards but if LP the band had 6 Mikes will be playd live. Added that maybe the songs will played somehow in the future but priorities are first.

The rest is history and funny stuff. I did a recap in my Site, but is in spanish ^_^

"I wanted to make a record that made people feel as though they were on drugs. I wanted it to be fucked up. I want people to feel not normal when they listen to it."

05.10.2010 - Buenos Aires, Argentina. Estadio Velez Sarsfield.
07.10.2012 - Buenos Aires, Argentina. Estadio GEBA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users