Where did the remixes go?

hahninator

When the LIVING THINGS preorder went live on linkinpark.com, many of you opted in for the subscription to receive "LIVING THINGS REMIXED." With this remix subscription, you were to receive one remix for each month the next 8 months starting with June 2012. That would put the end date at January 2013. However, only seven months worth of remixes were released, as documented in our thread from June here.

Posted Image

Remixes released include:

'BURN IT DOWN (RAC remix)' (June)

'BURN IT DOWN (Paul Van Dyk mix)' (July)

'BURN IT DOWN (Swoon Remix)' (August)

'UNTIL IT BREAKS (Datsik Remix)' (September)

'ROADS UNTRAVELED (Rad Omen Remix feat. Bun B )' (October)

* Also the band had a fanmade remix 'BURN IT DOWN (Bobina Remix)' that they wanted to share for this one.

'UNTIL IT BREAKS (Money Mark Remix)' (November)

'POWERLESS (Enferno Remix)' (December)

This would put the number of remixes released at 7 (with an additional fan mix as a bonus). That is of course 8 remixes, but at the end of the December email, it said:

"Thanks for your support. Look for another remix next month."

Additionally, the 'LOST IN THE ECHO' remix contest from September 2013 had this listed as one of the prizes for not only the Grand Prize Winner, but the Popular Vote Winner as well: "Have their remix released to Linkin Park fans who had pre-ordered LIVING THINGS"

This means TWO 'LOST IN THE ECHO' remixes (one of them being the "Dual Personality Mix" and the other being the "Soundcrafters Remix") are missing from the LIVING THINGS REMIXED subscription as well as one final remix for January 2013.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Clips of additional LIVING THINGS remixes are still appearing in new LPTV episodes, most recently with a 'CASTLE OF GLASS' remix appearing in the

from April 29th.

What happened to these remixes?

There's also the big question mark of the remix with a verse from Tech N9ne. It could be part of a remix that hasn't been released (whether or not it was intended for LT Remixed is pure speculation), or someone even raised an interesting idea in another thread that his verse may have been intended for the Roads Untraveled remix and they ended up going with Bun B's verse instead.

I did notice this but I just ended up believing that the Bobina remix was the eighth and continued to have no idea what happened with the LITE remixes. Ah well.

Hopefully we can get some answers with this! I thought that was it too but I just recently noticed the POWERLESS one said one was coming in January and then the LITE remixes still hadn't come out.

Hopefully we can get some answers with this! I thought that was it too but I just recently noticed the POWERLESS one said one was coming in January and then the LITE remixes still hadn't come out.

I assumed it was a mistake in the e-mail.

However, I do hope to hear the full remix from the latest LPTV. That should have been released on the COG - Single or LT Remixed because it is glorious.

I did notice this but I just ended up believing that the Bobina remix was the eighth

until few hours ago i was thinking exactly the same thing. it always seems weird to me that they released two remixes in one month, but they say eight and we got eight so..

until few hours ago i was thinking exactly the same thing. it always seems weird to me that they released two remixes in one month, but they say eight and we got eight so..

They said eight remixed spread across eight months and they didn't specify what would happen if they were to release two in one month. Who knows what's happened?

Who knows what's happened?

only them, so we can ask Adam things like these, right?

---

"Where'd you go, i miss so, seems like its been forever, since you been gone"... xD

"

" :lol:
Edited by Skipees

I know this has nothing to do with the remixes, but it's kinda like the same thing..

Back when Living Things was promoted, they had this contest where we had to share a link pre-order-link for Living Things and the one whose link had the most clicks would win 'Lifelong free access to a Linkin Park show (limited by one show per year with only one person per show)'.

Now, I remember a list where the winner had been announced, but what about the prices for the people from rank 11 to 100 and 101 to 1000 ?

They said the people, that finish at rank from 11 to 100, get a 'signed and labeled copy of Living Things', while number 101 to 1000 was supposed to get a 'never used again promo-picture of the band'.

Since I somehow fell back to no. 165 or something, I had to get the picture and I also remember, givin them my adress for shipping, but I still didn't get that fuckin' picture 'til today.

Now..can anybody tell me what the hell is up with that ?

title should be changed to "Things That The Band Owe Us".

someone even raised an interesting idea in another thread that his verse may have been intended for the Roads Untraveled remix and they ended up going with Bun B's verse instead.

maybe Instead->Only, Bun B and Tech N9ne worked a lot together latley (Night Train Remix, Raw Shit, Tha Carter IV - Album, Lace Up - Album). i don't know if it's mean something but if i need to guess i'll say the Tech N9ne verse is from the same song.

someone

who/where? Edited by Skipees

2. LPLive interview from the first LPU Summit

I guess that isn't ever going to happen. It took us a few months after the Summit to collectively get all of our questions together. We sent them to Adam but never heard anything back. This should be about the remixes though.

I know this has nothing to do with the remixes, but it's kinda like the same thing..

Back when Living Things was promoted, they had this contest where we had to share a link pre-order-link for Living Things and the one whose link had the most clicks would win 'Lifelong free access to a Linkin Park show (limited by one show per year with only one person per show)'.

Now, I remember a list where the winner had been announced, but what about the prices for the people from rank 11 to 100 and 101 to 1000 ?

They said the people, that finish at rank from 11 to 100, get a 'signed and labeled copy of Living Things', while number 101 to 1000 was supposed to get a 'never used again promo-picture of the band'.

Since I somehow fell back to no. 165 or something, I had to get the picture and I also remember, givin them my adress for shipping, but I still didn't get that fuckin' picture 'til today.

Now..can anybody tell me what the hell is up with that ?

I got mine. It was a really lame picture where you couldn't even make out any of the band members, but the video screen in the background confirmed it was from a Linkin Park show. It was sent from Warner Bros. studios to my house.

I got mine. It was a really lame picture where you couldn't even make out any of the band members, but the video screen in the background confirmed it was from a Linkin Park show. It was sent from Warner Bros. studios to my house.

Wow, good to know that it actually happened.

Fucked up though I didn't get mine.

Would you mind taking a picture of it so I can see what I missed ? :lol:

I think it's stupid that they included Burn It Down (Bobina Remix) as a 'bonus track'. I think this because I feel like they either forgot it was a bonus track, or they purposely did it to count as a remix for a month. Also, maybe they decided to not release the LITE remixes and just use the KillSonik remix for releases instead. I think we are missing only one, January's remix, which was probably the COG remix and the one that we never got. I wouldn't worry about the LITE remixes since they are available on YouTube anyways and are not as good as the KillSonik remix.

Edited by Geki

I am happy beacause we don't get more crappy remixes. The last valuable remix was made by The Glithc Mob from WFTE.

LT remixes are all disgusting. Vocals mostly don't match with the instrumentals and the brostep remixes are the worst. Is it necessary to force brostep to LP? No.

If the can't make superb remixes like they did on Reanimation, they should not make them.

To be honest, over the years, the only remixes since Reanimation that I liked were these ones..

- Leave Out All The Rest (M. Shinoda Remix)

- Blackout (Renholder Remix)

- Lost In The Echo (KillSonik Remix)

- Powerless (Enferno Remix)

Wow, good to know that it actually happened.

Fucked up though I didn't get mine.

Would you mind taking a picture of it so I can see what I missed ? :lol:

I have my picture packed up in a box somewhere, but it was basically exactly like this, distance wise:

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/bAE0SNRCLaw/hqdefault.jpg

^ Imagine that in 'perfect' quality and that is all that it was.