The Unreleased Songs Thread

Skipees

also "Second To None"

Another Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...TVqDj2M#t=5352s

"Tampa Finals"

Written By Mike Shinoda

Performed By Mike Shinoda

Exclusively For Street Dreams

Which means that it is actually in the movie.

By having the list of all songs in the movie, someone can extract every piece of music and compare it with the rest of the tracks, if they are available somewhere else. By doing that we can come up with couple of options for Tampa Finals.

Maybe those songs are listed in the order of appearance in the movie?

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By having the list of all songs in the movie, someone can extract every piece of music and compare it with the rest of the tracks, if they are available somewhere else. By doing that we can come up with couple of options for Tampa Finals.

Actually that's a great idea.

Here's what I discovered:

1. I made a list of the songs that appearances according the credits.

2. Maybe it's a regular thing in movies, but I've found out that the list ordered by chronological appearances.

3) Because we're looking for "Tampa FINALS" I was concentrated on the third part of the movie, from the start of the FINAL in TAMPA.

4) ? = I'm 99% sure there's nothing similar in the soundtrack.

I'm adding for you mp3 files of the "?" parts titled as time appearance, listen and share your opinion.

01:00:23 - 01:00:50 - P-Love - Palisades (Extendomix)

01:00:54 - 01:01:34 - X-Clan - Locomotion

01:01:35 - 01:01:53 - ?

01:02:01 - 01:02:19 - ?

01:02:26 - 01:03:41 - Eric B. And Rakim - Don't Sweat The Technique

01:03:53 - 01:05:32 - N.E.R.D. - Rockstar

01:05:36 - 01:06:23 - Oh No - Chump

01:06:24 - 01:07:08 - ?

01:07:54 - 01:08:04 - Swollen Members - Blackout

01:09:14 - 01:10:10 - ?

01:11:32 - 01:13:05 - ?

01:13:13 - 01:13:32 - ?

01:13:47 - 01:14:43 - Nas - Made You Look

01:14:45 - 01:15:48 - Obie Trice - Wanna Know

01:16:12 - 01:16:56 - ?

01:17:13 - 01:17:47 - ?

01:18:04 - 01:18:51 - ?

01:19:15 - 01:21:05 - ?

01:21:26 - 01:22:55 - N.E.R.D. - Find My Way (Chariot Of Fire)

01:22:56 - 01:26:45 - Pharrell - Hoppin' Over Fences

01:26:46 - 01:29:52 - Le Rev - Je T'aime

Soundtrack List (According The Credits)

-----------------------------------------------

Linkin Park - Lying From You

Fly Society - Fresh

Pharrell Feat. Nelly - Baby

Subnoize Souljaz - All Night Long

Celldweller - Frozen

Cut Chemist - (My 1st) Big Break From The Audience's Listening

Styles Of Beyone Feat. Mike Shinoda - Second To None

Afu Ra - Prankster

+44 - Weatherman

Skillz - Take It Back

Duane Peters And The Hunns - Skate Away

Dead Prez - Hip Hop

P Love - Palisades (Extendomix)

The X Clan - Locomotion

Eric B. And Rakim - Don't Sweat The Technique

N.E.R.D. - Rockstar

Oh No - Chump

Swollen Members - Blackout

Mike Shinoda - Tampa Finals

Nas - Made You Look

Obie Trice - Wanna Know

N.E.R.D. - Find My Way (Chariot Of Fire)

Pharrell - Hoppin' Over Fences

Le Rev - Escape Me*

*The last song credited wrong as "Escape Me" instead "Je T'aime" both songs by "Le Rev".

Mike's quotes about Xero and "Pictureboard":

M: Pictureboard has samples in it. Can't give to LPU.

LPU chat in 2011.

mshinoda says to (13:30):

Xero songs – I don't have any for you to hear. I do have some other older demos though…maybe someday :)

LPU chat in 2009.

MikeS: a place for my head used to be called esaul and there was a song called pictureboard which we actually played on stage one time probably 5 years ago with linkin park. we played it after we changed our name. i think that was the only time we played a xero song that wasn't on hybrid theory after we changed our name.

LPU chat in 2005.

There are probably a handful of Xero songs with Mark on vocals that we'll never get to hear. I'm honestly not all that interested in hearing them since Chester is SO MUCH better than Mark could ever dream to be. I'd rather hear the Xero tape with Chester singing. Or even just Fuse with Chester.

Songs that i think Mark & LPlive.net has:

Linkin Park - Enth E Nd (Demo) (Mike's Original Hybrid Theory Verses)

Linkin Park Feat. Team Sleep - My December (Reanimation Remix)

Linkin Park Feat. Ryu - With You (Reanimation Remix)

& I FOUND THE BELIEVE ME DC !! LP Times has it along with ALOT of FM stuff.

http://www.lptimes.com/fm/fmvideo.html

Wasn't the Team Sleep remix never released for being too dark? Though I would LOVE to get my hands on that someday.... I was privileged enough to hear the piano version of My December live and I thought it was a really dark moment in the setlist, the whole crowd got real quiet and it was a pretty somber tune.

Maybe exists a version of "Slip" with Mark Wakefield on vocals ? He is on the credits of LPU 11 CD from that song.

There are probably a handful of Xero songs with Mark on vocals that we'll never get to hear. I'm honestly not all that interested in hearing them since Chester is SO MUCH better than Mark could ever dream to be. I'd rather hear the Xero tape with Chester singing. Or even just Fuse with Chester.

but Xero with Mark means that there are 5 other people that related to the list. on the other hand credits not sayin' that he recorded the track, so i geuss it's not belong to the list.

and about Fuse - maybe someday..

Edited by Skipees

The past 4 LPU releases, they release a lot of instrumental demos and a lot of half completed vocal demos, and some full demos, almost like b-sides. I think they are trying to save the more complete b-sides for later releases. I don't think they'd want to put out a whole LPU album full of them.. I think we will get some really cool stuff and a lot of stuff asked about here in future releases. Possibly some Chester recorded Xero tracks.

The past 4 LPU releases, they release a lot of instrumental demos and a lot of half completed vocal demos, and some full demos, almost like b-sides. I think they are trying to save the more complete b-sides for later releases. I don't think they'd want to put out a whole LPU album full of them.. I think we will get some really cool stuff and a lot of stuff asked about here in future releases. Possibly some Chester recorded Xero tracks.

Totally agree.

For some reason, I suppose that they got a permission to do whatever they want with LPU, or at least they got much more rights regarding what could be released via LPU, so they got like a ton of material to share, but as you said, it wouldn't be the best option to released an LPU CD packed with full demos with vocals, and next year release a CD with only instrumentals.

Totally agree.

For some reason, I suppose that they got a permission to do whatever they want with LPU, or at least they got much more rights regarding what could be released via LPU, so they got like a ton of material to share, but as you said, it wouldn't be the best option to released an LPU CD packed with full demos with vocals, and next year release a CD with only instrumentals.

It would be kind of cool to actually release a 10 track ''b-side'' album to the LPU, though.

I rather have it like it is now instead of throwing out all the good songs at once and going back to sucky LPU CD's like 3.0 or 5.0. That keeps it interesting. Don't forget that they also changed it from 6 tracks to 10 tracks which is almost as much as 2 CD's and they release one every year. They release albums every few years so of course they do that to not run out of good material. They did CD full of b-sides/non album tracks with Songs From The Underground, which was "just" a "best of" compilation

I rather have it like it is now instead of throwing out all the good songs at once and going back to sucky LPU CD's like 3.0 or 5.0. That keeps it interesting. Don't forget that they also changed it from 6 tracks to 10 tracks which is almost as much as 2 CD's and they release one every year. They release albums every few years so of course they do that to not run out of good material. They did CD full of b-sides/non album tracks with Songs From The Underground, which was "just" a "best of" compilation

agree with you, except 2 things:

1. yes it changes from 6 to 10 but you need to remember that there are tons of instrumental tracks or very very unfinished demos (Sad, Stick And Move). instrumental demo is not always worth as demo with vocals.

2. you forget the biggest fail of linkin park history - lpu7. collection of live tracks that are already released on dsp's. nothing was special about it, it was against the LPU spirit.

Edited by Skipees

In my opinion, Pale is the best song on any LPU and it's an instrumental. I'd also take A-Six, Broken Foot, Halo and Soundtrack over songs like Across the Line or Pretend to Be.

Don't say an instrumental isn't worth as much as a vocal track when, to some people, the instrumentals are better.

Don't say an instrumental isn't worth as much as a vocal track when, to some people, the instrumentals are better.

i've never said instrumentals isn't worth as much as a vocal track. just not always.

and i talked about 1 minute instrumental demos. (Sad, Stick And Move).

agree with you, except 2 things:

instrumental demo is NOT ALWAYS worth as demo with vocals.

Edited by Skipees

I hate a good majority of the instrumentals that LP releases but I think Pale is really awesome. I just feel that the band should release vocal demos instead of instrumentals. I would like to hear more early versions of existing LP songs, like they did with Fear and Drum Song.

For course is A-Six a demo, A.06 is not a demo, maybe you mixed that up.

:lol: :lol: :lol: deleted, thanks. i always said that similar names will confused me one day. and it's today.

Edited by Skipees

Why don't we make a list of all the LPTV clips of unreleased LP songs in them?

because... i want to do it right, and for doin' it right we need to make list of all episodes includes the LPUTV episodes. after, we split the season between who got what (i'm talking about the lputv cause i'm not sure i got them all). then we can able to "fish" what we want.

visit here for more: B)

http://lplive.net/forum/index.php?showtopi...st&p=181418

:)

Deleted:

Uncle Kracker - Vegas Baby (Mr. Hanh Co-Wrote).

Edited by Skipees

Why don't we make a list of all the LPTV clips of unreleased LP songs in them?

Mike's Shirt, an LPUTV episode from LPTV6 was the one that made me bring up the unheard music. Sounds kind of MTMish. You can hear it in the background. A lot of episodes you don't really notice because you're paying attention to the band and stuff talking and not the background music. But if you watch them with that in mind, you notice A LOT of stuff. That's how I figured out about the ''thoughts that take away my pride'' demo from the iTunes released episode of Summer Sanitarium, it sounds just like the background music heard with the vocal clip on making of Meteora.

• 2 weeks later...

warning: MAYBE spoiler!

i found my Sherlock Holmes hat. i wear it, and it makes me feal like i have to solve some mystery:

The Suspects: Hahninator & AndOne.

The "Crime": planting clues in are brains for future exclusive releases.

The Method: short quotes that seem meaningless.

There's more where that came from (not talking about Team Sleep remix) ;)

Songs that i think Mark & LPlive.net has:

Linkin Park - Enth E Nd (Demo) (Mike's Original Hybrid Theory Verses)

Linkin Park Feat. Team Sleep - My December (Reanimation Remix)

Linkin Park Feat. Ryu - With You (Reanimation Remix)

We have some Reanimation stuff we are posting soon but none of those songs are on there and none of the stuff is nearly as epic as that. Just some demos we already have as well as a few others that are slightly different. Not a really epic release, not nearly as cool as MFR lol.

haha. No. You guys really over estimate us sometimes.

In Summary: demos from Reanimation, but not the "Famous" ones. mmm...

A-HAAAAAAAAA!

Posted Image

and now for real, am i right?

Edited by Skipees

i found my Sherlock Holmes hat. i wear it, and it makes me feal like i have to solve some mystery:

The Suspects: Hahninator & AndOne.

The "Crime": planting clues in are brain for future exclusive releases.

The Method: short quotes that seem meaningless.

Dafuq?