Linkin Park to headline KROQ AAC 2012 Night 1

hahninator

Someone commented on a blog on ocweekly.com saying they had a flyer mailed to their house by KROQ announcing the KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas lineup for 2012.

Member valiumknight1 posted: "Kroq mailed a flyer to my house today announcing the lineup. Night one is on December 8th with "Linkin Park, Rise Against, Bush, Garbage, Slightly Stoopid, Awolnation, Walk The Moon, The Gaslight Anthem, Two Door Cinema Club, and Youngblood Hawke". Night 2 is on December 9th and the lineup is "The Killers, Jack White, Fun, M83, Passion Pit, Of Monsters and Men, Grouplove, The lumineers, Alex Clare, and Imagine Dragons". So you guys were pretty close on a couple of these. Bush, and Grouplove played last year so I was surprised to see them in this years lineup again."

While someone claiming KROQ sent them a flyer in the mail with the lineup can be taken with a grain of salt, it is rumored that Linkin Park will headline one of the nights of KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas this year. The announcement on the bands should be coming soon, so we will see.

What do you think? With LIVING THINGS coming out this year, will the band return to AAC? Linkin Park last played the show in 2007 at the Gibson Amphitheatre, providing a pretty special show.

EDIT: Linkin Park is confirmed to be headlining night 1 of KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas 2012! Other bands include Rise Against, Bush, Garbage, Slightly Stoopid, AWOLNATION, The Lumineers, Walk The Moon, The Gaslight Anthem, Two Door Cinema Club and YoungBlood Hawke.

"The 23rd Annual KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas returns to the Gibson Amphitheatre on December 8th & 9th, 2012, featuring two nights of incredible performances from many of today’s biggest bands! Proceeds from the KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas benefit local charities Para Los Niños and the Al Wooten Jr. Heritage Center."

More information can be found here.

nice. might also watch for the Gaslight Anthem ;)

it'd be cool to see My December make a return. the band's been pretty nostalgic with APFMH, With You and whatnot, maybe My December'll come back for a one off.

So much negative feedback being thrown at KROQ about the lineup lol, a lot of it about how so many people left during LP at Weenie Roast last year since Foo surprised the crowd and blew the place apart.

they'd better bring it this year then...