12.06.2012 - Odesa, Ukraine - Prostorock

Prostorock, a festival in Odesa, Ukraine, is the location of the eleventh stop of the 2012 Summer European Tour for Linkin Park. The show takes place at Stadion Chornomorets, which was finished just last year. Prostorock is a festival that was started in 1997 and has been held four times since then, featuring mainly Russian and Ukrainian rock bands. For 2012, Linkin Park will be joined by Garbage, a Ukrainian band called Boombox (no, not the Boombox that you Americans know) and O.Torvald.

This will be Linkin Park's first show ever in Ukraine! Ukraine joins Romania as the other country on this tour that hasn't ever had an LP show before 2012. Pretty nice to see the band is still playing in new places well over ten years after they started touring.

At the last show in Moscow (show page here), Russian fans once again flashmobbed the band, this time a few different occasions throughout the show. Unfortunately Moscow was Adam's last show of the tour, but he will be back with the band on the Honda Civic Tour this summer so North American fans get ready (whatever that means)! Even with tons of rain earlier in the day, the weather cleared up before the Linkin Park set and the band played a great show with fireworks capping off the night afterward. Here are two of the flashmobs the fans did:

One other thing I want to mention is about the Warsaw show on the 9th (show page here). For some reason, the outro to 'A Place For My Head' wasn't played and also 'New Divide' was dropped completely. I guess we'll have to see the setlist for Warsaw to know what was planned but it's interesting that 'A Place For My Head' has had an outro at every show it has been played at in 2012 except for Warsaw.

Anyway, who's going to Odesa to see Linkin Park? M&G for anyone? We should expect the festival setlist with 'A Place For My Head' opening at this show.

After Odesa, only one show remains on the tour - St. Petersburg, Russia on June 14th. That will be a headlining show so that should have the headlining setlist that opens with 'TINFOIL'. After that, Europe won't see the band again until the fall, when their soon-to-be-announced Fall European Tour will take them back overseas. For the full 2012 Summer European Tour recap, upcoming dates, setlists and more, go to the 2012 page here.

SETLIST: (thanks to the admin of LPCrimea who caught it @ the show)

01. TINFOIL

02. Faint (Ext. Outro)

03. Papercut

04. With You (w/ 2012 ext. intro; scratch ending)

05. Runaway

06. Given Up (Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)

07. Blackout

08. Somewhere I Belong (w/ 2012 ext. intro)

09. New Divide

10. LIES GREED MISERY

11. Points Of Authority

12. Waiting For The End (w/ Apaches Intro & Wall Of Noise Outro)

13. Breaking The Habit

14. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)

15. The Catalyst

16. What I've Done

17. Crawling

18. One Step Closer

-------------------------------

19. BURN IT DOWN

20. In The End

21. Numb

22. Bleed It Out (w/ Beastie Boys' 'Sabotage' bridge)

First festival this setlist has been played at! This means the festival set needs a new name - APFMH setlist I guess?

I will attend the show. I really looking forward to hear The Festival Setlist such as in Russia, Portugal etc. There will be a huge crowd from the whole country. Must be very energetic show - people have waited for the band for many years and now when it is happening, they will force their asses as hard as they can :P

Hell yeah, I'm coming!!!

No Meet&Greet for me this year :(

There were 89 entries for M&G in Ukraine.

Also no LPU Roadie... That sucks. I remember Adam saying that the last show for him would be Moscow, but I hoped he would change his plans.

Haven't been chosen for MFR either, so I guess I'm all free to get as close to stage as possible.

Our friends from LPCrimea.com got Press Pass for 2 people, so we are going to get some nice photos, I guess.

Also I added one more band to the list - O.Torvald. It's also a Ukrainian band. Though, I never heard their songs. I know that I really don't like Boombox that much. And changed a note about previous festival dates.

at least Serg all you have to worry about is picking yourself a decent spot. is this your first time seeing them? was front row for mine, could not have asked for better

"have fun" to all those going :D

After that, Europe won't see the band again until the fall, when their soon-to-be-announced Fall European Tour will take them back overseas.

well at least if it's an autumn tour it'll be during term-time for me :D fingers crossed for an actual Nottingham date, the Manchester/Birmingham combo is so frustrating...

at least Serg all you have to worry about is picking yourself a decent spot. is this your first time seeing them? was front row for mine, could not have asked for better

"have fun" to all those going :D

Nope, I've seen them in 2007 in Poland :)

I was at first LP show in Poland and now I'm going to the first show in Ukraine :)

Nope, I've seen them in 2007 in Poland :)

I was at first LP show in Poland and now I'm going to the first show in Ukraine :)

oh god yeah, for some reason I always forget about Chorzow...

no idea why, one of the first few shows I got a hold of, and i still forget about it :rolleyes:

nice to see them nearer to home though yeah? :P