101 replies to this topic

#41 VavourasLP

VavourasLP

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:43 PM

So...I guess we can expect the leak pretty soon.

25-6-2008
Athens Terravibe Park
21-7-2009 Athens Terravibe Park

#42 ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese

From The Inside Enthusiast

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:35 PM

Nah.

Did somebody order some cheese?
Charlotte, NC 8/08/07      Charlotte, NC 7/31/08      New York City, NY 2/04/11    Bristow, VA 8/10/12

West Palm Beach, FL 8/08/14    Tampa, FL 8/09/14    Charlotte, NC 8/12/14    Bristow, VA 8/13/14 

Camden, NJ 8/15/14    Mansfield, MA 8/16/14    Holmdel, NJ 8/18/14   Wantagh, NY 8/19/14    Buffalo, NY 8/21/14

#43 Final Destiny

Final Destiny

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:53 PM

I'm thinking we'll get a leak probably around the 16th, if the release date of the 19th holds true. The new Rush album leaked about ten days before the official release date, and the new Bruce album leaked two full weeks before. Albums with huge hype around them leak way early.

CORAMA | last.fm | The Complete Rosewood Fall

bitching © SOMEDUDE REMIX

#44 Numbrocker

Numbrocker

Addict

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:09 PM

So I'm assuming most of you guys have heard of Mike Shinoda Clan? It's a fantastic fansite that updates with a lot of LP info.

Ana, one of the co-owners, decided to try and really take up Mike's challenge and have fans get together and have listening parties all over the world.

Here's the link

She's going to do Houston if there's enough people. I'm going to try and be there too as Houston is the closest to me.

I think its a great idea. Mike described how I usually go about listening to the album, which is by myself and chatting on twitter and this forum. I think it'd be awesome to be with a bunch of other LP fans and just enjoy the music.

2008- Woodlands, Texas - Projekt Revolution (8/24)
2010 - NYC Best Buy Theater - ATS Release Concert (9/14)
2011- MSG (2/4),
Dallas (3/02), Houston (3/03) - ATS World Tour

2012- Wantagh, NY (8/15), Camden Summit (8/17), Dallas (8/27) - Honda Civic Tour
2013- Planet Hollywood, Las Vegas, Nevada (2/16)

2014- Woodlands, Texas (Summit) (9/5)

#45 Ailina Ann Bennett

Ailina Ann Bennett

Lurker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:12 PM

https://www.facebook...85944718201534/ here's a link to my event on facebook

#46 GraDoN

GraDoN

Frightened Inmate #2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:17 PM

im sorry, but listening parties are useless and pointless imo. when i want to discover something new i dont want 5 people talking about it. i want to form my own opinion and enjoy it on my own

Posted Image

#47 Ailina Ann Bennett

Ailina Ann Bennett

Lurker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:40 PM

we are just trying to do what mike wanted

#48 GraDoN

GraDoN

Frightened Inmate #2

• Members
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:43 PM

we are just trying to do what mike wanted

what?! is mike some sort of authority figure you have to obey?
we have free will for a reason, do what you feel will be the best way to listen to it.

Posted Image

#49 sublimeric

sublimeric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:01 PM

I sat in my piece of shit '97 car at midnight listening to ATS and enjoying some greenery. It was before the release date but incredible, namely the moment they "got me", during Chester's bridge in WTCFM. I plan on recreating the same scenario for "Living Things" whenever I have 40 minutes and a good quality version of it. Hopefully the mastering won't be all over the place like ATS was. I bought the CD & Amazon MP3 versions that suffered from clipping and distortion before finding the iTunes version. It still cracks and pops in a few spots but sounds better. Counting on Apple to get it right twice in a row, especially since Rick Rubin was behind a special "itunes master" of the latest Chili Peppers album.

#50 Numbrocker

Numbrocker

Addict

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:07 PM

Honestly if you're going to buy the album (which I know a lot of people on this forum already have) then I don't see a problem with listening to a leak. Though I am going to try with this one. The only leak I listened to was for ATS, and that was because I wanted to know the lyrics before the ATS release concert. :P As to the listening parties, it was just a suggestion by Mike. I've listened to all the LP albums alone and enjoyed it, but I do think it would be fun to hang out with other LP fans in my area and celebrate their 5th album. Not saying one is better then the other, but the point of my post was to help other people who don't know LP fans in their area.

2011- MSG (2/4),

2012- Wantagh, NY (8/15), Camden Summit (8/17), Dallas (8/27) - Honda Civic Tour

#51 thesungoesdown

thesungoesdown

Soldier

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:40 PM

Mike needs to STFU. Translation of that rant is buy the album, don't download it.

#52 LINKINMARK

LINKINMARK

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:55 PM

im sorry, but listening parties are useless and pointless imo. when i want to discover something new i dont want 5 people talking about it. i want to form my own opinion and enjoy it on my own

Then go ahead and do that.
We all have our ways of listening to the album first time. The idea of listening parties doesn't appeal to me either but I wouldn't comment saying it's "useless and pointless". There's no right or wrong way.

#53 Hahninator

Hahninator

A Place For My Head

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,410 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:17 PM

She's going to do Houston if there's enough people. I'm going to try and be there too as Houston is the closest to me.

Oh you live in Texas? I was at Buzzfest at Woodlands last fall to see 10 Years. I'll be returning at the end of the month to see them in Dallas and Houston. Where exactly are you? If you're near one of those cities, come say hey! Sadly I can't make Woodlands and Dallas for Linkubus due to school - I'm already missing the entire first week of fall semester to see the first 6 shows of the tour. Otherwise I'd be there in a heartbeat because Woodlands is an amazing venue. I'm sure Dallas is great too.

if LPLive was one person, it would be the guy from Webster Hall that yelled APFMH between every song

#54 Numbrocker

Numbrocker

Addict

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:25 PM

Oh you live in Texas? I was at Buzzfest at Woodlands last fall to see 10 Years. I'll be returning at the end of the month to see them in Dallas and Houston. Where exactly are you? If you're near one of those cities, come say hey! Sadly I can't make Woodlands and Dallas for Linkubus due to school - I'm already missing the entire first week of fall semester to see the first 6 shows of the tour. Otherwise I'd be there in a heartbeat because Woodlands is an amazing venue. I'm sure Dallas is great too.

Yes. I go back between Houston (summer) and Dallas (school). I'm about an hour south of Houston in one of its many suburbs with miles of farmland in between. ;)

I'll be at the Summit in Jersey and Wantagh so I should see you there. :)

Yeah the Woodlands is a fantastic venue, but I heard the Dallas one is crap. Also missing the first day of classes for Dallas, so no Woodlands for me :(

2011- MSG (2/4),

#55 Hahninator

Hahninator

A Place For My Head

• Staff
  • 5,410 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:27 PM

Oh great, see ya at those two shows. Should be a blast. Haha Texas is huge. We drove from Georgia to Florida (grabbing a friend) to Beaumont, then to Houston, then to San Antonio, then to Corpus Christi, then to Woodlands and finally back to Georgia. Crazy drive. All within 5 days. Saw a show in Atlanta and just left at midnight and were in Beaumont by 3pm the next day. Texas is great, can't wait to return.

It was before the release date but incredible, namely the moment they "got me", during Chester's bridge in WTCFM.

Hell yeah the moment that got me the most on the entire album was Chester's vocals during the WTCFM bridge. I said what in the fuck is this African beat shit with singing over it, I said damn.

Then the Muse bridge hits and Chester's vocals got me. The tone of his voice on the first line in the bridge "oh, when they come for me"...epic. Especially how he says "come for me". Never heard the man sound like that before. Biggest highlight on the first listen for me.

if LPLive was one person, it would be the guy from Webster Hall that yelled APFMH between every song

#56 Soul

Soul

LPL's Youngest Authority / Extender of Things

• Staff
  • 5,395 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:35 PM

I'll probably wait for the CD release.

That's how he gets you. He acts nice, but then the next minute he sold your kidney on Ebay to some guy in Australia.

I extended songs you like.
All Attended Shows
Youtube Channel 1 | Youtube Channel 2 | Twitter | Soundcloud | Last.fm | Facebook | Instagram | Google+

#57 Hahninator

Hahninator

A Place For My Head

• Staff
  • 5,410 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:48 PM

ATS leak thread, we'll do this again for LIVING THINGS, lol
http://bit.ly/dAawyp

#58 HybridThe0ry97

HybridThe0ry97

The Economist

• Banned
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:51 PM

I will not be participating in this "challenge".

#59 jurhiat

jurhiat

Roadie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:26 PM

what?! is mike some sort of authority figure you have to obey?
we have free will for a reason, do what you feel will be the best way to listen to it.

This.

We're not Mike's bitches...

Edited by jurhiat, 06 June 2012 - 10:27 PM.

Posted Image

#60 HybridThe0ry97

HybridThe0ry97

The Economist

• Banned
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:48 PM

Ha...agreed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users