26.05.2012 - Lisboa, Portugal - Rock In Rio

On the 26th, Linkin Park plays their first show in Europe for LIVING THINGS and the second full show of the LIVING THINGS touring cycle, the first being the LPU-only show in Hollywood (show page here) on the 18th. This show of course is the Rock in Rio festival in Lisboa, Portugal at Parque da Bela Vista.

Linkin Park first played in Lisboa in 2003 (show page here), returned with a great show in 2004 (show page here), played Oeiras Alive! in 2007 (show page here), performed at Rock in Rio in 2008 (show page here) and finally played in Portimão in 2009 (show page here). This means it is Linkin Park\'s second show at Rock In Rio, fifth show in Lisboa, and sixth show in Portugal ever.

As we all know, the last show in Hollywood featured a brand new setlist for the band. 'TINFOIL' made its live debut and opened the show. 'With You', 'Runaway', 'Somewhere I Belong', and a studio version of 'Points Of Authority' returned for the first time in years. 'Waiting For The End' got a brand new intro with a verse from 'Until It Breaks' over it and a new extended outro. 'Blackout', a fan favorite, returned. A new ballad medley of 'Leave Out All The Rest', 'Shadow Of The Day', and 'Iridescent' was debuted. And of course the band played a GREAT cover of the Beastie Boys' 'Sabotage' over the bridge of 'Bleed It Out' in what fans are calling the best bridge for that song yet. Do you agree? It seems this will be the setlist for Europe seeing as it was titled "MAIN HEADLINE SET" on the Hollywood setlist. Do you think this is the best debut of a new setlist the band has ever had? Are you excited about the return of some older songs?

Chester recently confirmed the band will be playing 'LIES GREED MISERY' in Europe, so it looks like it will get its live debut at Rock In Rio. The question remains though, what song will they drop from the set for 'LIES GREED MISER'Y? What do you think? Would you like to see any other slight setlist changes for Lisboa?

Who's going to the show from LPLive? M&G for anyone for the first show of the tour?

The European Summer Tour has the band playing 12 shows in 20 days in 9 countries. 10 of these are festival appearances (with one being a smaller show in Berlin that is being filmed), one is a headlining show in Romania, and the other is a TV appearance in Köln. On the 27th, LP plays the Pinkpop Festival in the Netherlands before an off day takes them to Denmark\'s Skive Festival on the 30th. Highlights of this tour include Rock am Ring & Rock im Park performances, two shows in Russia, the first show in Poland since 2007, and first time appearances in Romania and the Ukraine for the band. Awesome!

For the full 2012 tour schedule, click here.

EDIT: Pooch confirms there is a new setlist for this show. He said about the Hollywood setlist: "This is NOT the set for the other shows. Just something we did at HOB."

EDIT 2: The Linkin Park webcast is now ON! The YouTube channel for Rock In Rio has now added it! So get your recorders ready! View it HERE. Linkin Park is at 5pm EST we believe.

WEBCAST INFO:

Rock In Rio YouTube Channel

SIC Radical TV Stream

EDIT 3: Leaked setlist! View HERE.

SETLIST:

01. A Place For My Head (w/ Long Intro & Ext. Outro) (first time opening since 08.06.2001)

02. Given Up (Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)

03. Faint (Ext. Outro)

04. With You (w/ 2012 ext. intro; scratch ending)

05. Runaway

06. From The Inside

07. Somewhere I Belong (w/ 2012 ext. intro)

08. Numb

09. LIES GREED MISERY (Live Debut)

10. Points Of Authority

11. Waiting For The End (w/ Apaches Intro & Wall Of Noise Outro)

12. Breaking The Habit

13. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)

14. The Catalyst

15. BURN IT DOWN

16. What I've Done

17. Crawling

18. New Divide

19. In The End

20. Bleed It Out (w/ Beastie Boys' 'Sabotage' bridge)

21. Papercut

22. One Step Closer

SHOW PAGE HERE

What did you think?!

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone, I know this is quite off topic but I have a quick question

I am not a member of the LPU, but I have considered to join with the sole purpose of getting an M&G. The show I am attending will be May 30th, so my question is: If I join the LPU now (like, today) is there any hope of still getting the M&G?

On topic:

I don't understand why there is so few ATS songs on the recent set list, but yay for the oldies back in the set. Looking very much forward to seeing the set lists in the near future!

I am not a member of the LPU, but I have considered to join with the sole purpose of getting an M&G. The show I am attending will be May 30th, so my question is: If I join the LPU now (like, today) is there any hope of still getting the M&G?

On topic:

I don't understand why there is so few ATS songs on the recent set list, but yay for the oldies back in the set. Looking very much forward to seeing the set lists in the near future!

that really depends on how many LPU members are going to the concert and asked for M&G already. if you wanna try, do it as soon as possible. Here on my country there weren't many LPU members and even people that got an account the day before the concert got an M&G. i don't know it that will apply in europe.

Back on topic.... I don't know if they'll drop a song for LIES GREED MISERY, it's kinda short. but if they do... i guess Blackout will be dropped, in order to not force too much chester's voice.

On LPU it is written:

Skive, Denmark

Active

36 entries

This contest ends in 4 days.

I'm not sure what is this count down for, but...

''Unfortunately it doesn't look like this show is being streamed online.''

Where did you get that information from?

Well I think it will be streaming live on YouTube.

Read this for more info.

http://www.lpassociation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36420

and go to YouTube to Rock in Rio's channel all the shows from the festival will stream there unfortunatelly I don't know why the link doesn't work here in Portugal... :(

Hi! (I don't really post often here, but I'm always stalking the foruns :P )

I'm going to the concert, as well to the M&G. I won't be tweeting setlists or anything like that (I'll be too busy enjoying the show), but if something interesting happens I'll let you know after the show.

About the broadcast, word about it right now is that it won't be any :( The Youtube broadcast has been canceled (replaced by "ROCK IN RIO RETROSPECTIVE", whatever that is) and I have no idea if the show will be on Sic Radical (TV channel)... it's too bad, I'd love to save the concert to re-watch later, plus we'll miss LGM's (maybe) debut...

I see nothing that says LP will be broadcasted. Please inform me where it will be shown.

Have fun Sepol!

Exactly, there is no info about the broadcasting, so I'm assuming it won't be any...

Thanks, I will :D

yep, i think we can consider this broadcast as "off".

although if it's being filmed anyways, it may be one of those smokeout fest. things where we end up getting recs years later...

or just as additional bonuses for LPU

Guys, THIS! http://lplive.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=8550

The WHOLE festiviel is being shown on youtube i believe like always.

Plus i think were getting the same setlist from the HOB show, but LGM & WTCFM will be added im sure!

EDIT: FROM LPA!

UPDATE: It seems this isn't happening anymore unfortunately, as Linkin ark have been removed from the schedule on the official YouTube page and has been replaced with a Festival retrospective. We don't know why this is exactly but it's a real shame.

Edited by XeroSkies%Emo360

Yeah pooch said it to me. I think With you will be on the set, :P Btw i still have hopes for webcast :)

And im curious what will be set :D

regarding the webcast I though the will be brodcasted by SIC Radical but not on youtube. Edited by LPU90

LP's Rock Am Ring performance will NOT be broadcasted/livestreamed

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=e...%26prmd%3Dimvns

Why Im not surprised with it? :)

And i was looking what will be broadcasted on SIC Radical (i have this channel on my home) and the rock in rio today isnt going to be broadcasted, the brazilian channel Multishow is going to broadcast the Highlights from today on 10pm (Brazilian Time).

Edited by Biel

to be honest, alot of big festivals I know don't webstream. getting mad at there being no streaming is a bit silly since it's a luxury, not a right.

I know I'm about to get a huge amount of block capital abuse for this, and I know that it's an awkward situation that LP were on the streaming list, and now aren't, but that's life...

to the promoters, it's a fair assumption to make that if you wanted to see the bands on the bill that badly, you should have got tickets.

I am a little miffed that we may miss some decent live debuts and in pro-shot, but a relatively small community bitching on a forum isn't going to change Warner's minds -_-