739 replies to this topic

#341 LinkinParkHotspur

LinkinParkHotspur

Soldier

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:41 PM

The good thing is that this article will most likely be proven correct or incorrect within a matter of days or weeks. We'll see if his/her description for Burn It Down holds up and is even remotely accurate. I think you can safely say it's false if you don't hear Chester and Mike screaming "burn it down, let it go" on the chorus, if you don't hear ANY screaming on the chorus, if you don't hear "modified voices leading into distorted guitars", etc etc etc... There's definitely some vagueness in the article but I think the person provided enough specifics for Burn It Down to be able to tell whether or not the song fits his description. And if BID does resemble his description...then who knows.

#342 VavourasLP

VavourasLP

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:42 PM

The funny thing is that if these articles turn out to be fake, I don't remember I've seen someone who bothered to think of fake titles and even fake lyrics and song structures just to troll Linkin Park fans.

25-6-2008
Athens Terravibe Park
21-7-2009 Athens Terravibe Park

#343 GraDoN

GraDoN

Frightened Inmate #2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:58 PM

i remember that fake MTM album that fooled MANY casual fans. It was on torrent sites and everywhere else. It had a few LPU songs and radom other weak nu-metal songs from an unknown band. If someone would go to the trouble of making a fake album they would surely make a fake article as well

Posted Image

#344 LinkinParkHotspur

LinkinParkHotspur

Soldier

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:07 PM

Yea, that was a band called Tribal Ink. The person who made the torrent basically created a compilation of Tribal Ink songs and he also mixed in some Grey Daze songs. It was an absolute fail attempt. It tricked me for maybe 30 seconds (mostly because I was paranoid about how the album would sound at the time). As soon as I heard the Grey Daze songs and saw the tribal ink lyrics online, it became clear.

#345 Geki

Geki

Rebel

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,264 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:09 PM

i remember that fake MTM album that fooled MANY casual fans. It was on torrent sites and everywhere else. It had a few LPU songs and radom other weak nu-metal songs from an unknown band. If someone would go to the trouble of making a fake album they would surely make a fake article as well

LOL I remember that album. I used to work at my local mall back in 2007, and I remember some guy that worked at GameStop (Then EB Games), knew that me and my friend were huge LP fans. He came to the mall one day and was like hey guys, look, I got the album weeks before it comes out! He showed us, and the track listing was a bunch of fake shitty nu-metal songs and some Grey Daze material, just like you said.

But yeah, I agree with this. If people are willing to make fake tracks, and fake albums, someone will definitely make a fake review. I also agree with an above post saying that once we hear BID, we will be able to tell if that review has any merit.

#346 deano

deano

Soldier

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:38 PM

The dove always flies....fuck off
Deano Ward Please checkout my music - www.soundcloud.com/deanowardust

#347 maik_gianino

maik_gianino

Idol

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:59 PM

The dove always flies....fuck off

Hahahaha....
My Twitter My Facebook Youtube

Posted Image
Website Facebook Page Twitter Youtube

"I wanted to make a record that made people feel as though they were on drugs. I wanted it to be fucked up. I want people to feel not normal when they listen to it."

05.10.2010 - Buenos Aires, Argentina. Estadio Velez Sarsfield.
07.10.2012 - Buenos Aires, Argentina. Estadio GEBA

#348 DevinS

DevinS

5 Star General/ Infantry Controller

• Members
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:00 PM

Those lyrics sound like complete shit. I highly doubt LP would ever release something that mediocre and bland. It's definitely fake....well...it better be...

#349 Geki

Geki

Rebel

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,264 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:16 PM

I can't wait until the actual tracklisting comes out, and then I can compare it to the real tracklisting and wonder why I was interested in such bullshit.

#350 maik_gianino

maik_gianino

Idol

• Members
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:20 PM

I talked with the guy who put the Review on that forum and he said to me that the review will be out on the Rolling Stone in April. Correct me if i wrong but the April Magazine is already out and don't have this information, i downloaded the Magazine early today and just have the TBA when Mike talks about BID and Lost In The Echo...

Posted Image

"I wanted to make a record that made people feel as though they were on drugs. I wanted it to be fucked up. I want people to feel not normal when they listen to it."

#351 MacGyver

MacGyver

Icon

• Members
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:25 PM

I talked with the guy who put the Review on that forum and he said to me that the review will be out on the Rolling Stone in April. Correct me if i wrong but the April Magazine is already out and don't have this information, i downloaded the Magazine early today and just have the TBA when Mike talks about BID and Lost In The Echo...

Obviously the info it's fake
RESIDENT SKUMFUK
Can I ask a question? What makes you happy? I wonder what makes you happy does it make others happy, too?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted Image

#352 maik_gianino

maik_gianino

Idol

• Members
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:30 PM

This is so Funny, check the link guys !!!

If you want Leaked Snippets from Burn It Down this is your place xD

http://mp3juices.com...in-burn-it-down

Posted Image

#353 Acodemaster

Acodemaster

Soldier

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:53 PM

"If you do not like/Simply fuck you" may be the greatest thing I have ever heard.

Edited by Acodemaster, 01 April 2012 - 11:56 PM.

LPLive's #1 lurker.

#354 lakersfan13

lakersfan13

Soldier

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:01 AM

"If you do not like/Simply fuck you" may be the greatest thing I have ever heard.

Haha, I really wanted to change that line when I translated it, but that's what the guy posted, so I left it as is. I honestly think it's fake, but in either case, hilarious.

Shows Attended

2007: Bristow 8/19

2008: Baltimore 2/19, Bristow 7/27, Tampa 8/2

2010: NYC 9/14

2012: Bristow 8/11, Camden 8/17

2014: Bristow 8/13, Camden 8/15, Mansfield 8/16, Holmdel 8/18, Wantagh 8/19

#355 Xero21

Xero21

Idol

• Members
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:03 AM

So wait, the guy claims to have heard the whole thing and posted this big review, and then says it's not his fault if none of it turns out true? Well okay then.
the proud new admin at fuckyeahlinkinpark.tumblr.com follow us!

#356 LinkinParkHotspur

LinkinParkHotspur

Soldier

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:23 AM

Imagine if Mike would have said this after people started showing dissatisfaction over ATS:

Posted Image

Edited by LinkinParkHotspur, 02 April 2012 - 01:26 AM.

#357 VavourasLP

VavourasLP

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:27 AM

But yeah, I agree with this. If people are willing to make fake tracks, and fake albums, someone will definitely make a fake review.

Well making a fake album is easier, you just put some random tracks on a torrent and bam that's it. But to actually write down a whole review, with supposed song structures and lyrics...that guy must be a big attention whore.

25-6-2008
Athens Terravibe Park
21-7-2009 Athens Terravibe Park

#358 ThePretender

ThePretender

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:37 AM

But if it WAS real, Warner would have removed it. I really don't believe it.

#359 GraDoN

GraDoN

Frightened Inmate #2

• Members
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:40 AM

and i know that lyrics aint exactly their strong point, but those lyrics are unreal bad. And those titles are hilerious.

Posted Image

#360 HybridThe0ry97

HybridThe0ry97

The Economist

• Banned
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:29 AM

and i know that lyrics aint exactly their strong point, but those lyrics are unreal bad. And those titles are hilerious.

I respectfully disagree. I think their lyrics are their strongest point. I've never connected to another band's lyrics the way that I have with theirs. Maybe it's just me...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users