739 replies to this topic

#41 harakiri

harakiri

Casual

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:35 PM

if this turns out to be true: best.birthday.present.ever since the lp-tickets for the show in hamburg a couple of years ago.
"whatever happens... happens." (spike spiegel, cowboy bebop)

#42 DogFan_LP

DogFan_LP

Soldier

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:21 PM

"Burn It Down" sounds rebellious. Rebellious= Heavy. hmm... Maybe I'm speculating too much.

Thought the same thing. Maybe we can expect us some angry rap verses by Mike or something in it. Like in "Wretches & Kings".
Linkin Park Street Soldier since day one. There's nothing more to say. 09.09.2001 - Stockholm, Solnahallen, Sweden 12.06.2003 - Hultsfred Festival 2003, Sweden 12.08.2006 - Summer Sonic, Japan 25.05.2007 - Stockholm, Ericsson Globe Arena, Sweden 14.06.2008 - Hultsfred Festival 08, Sweden 29.06.2008 - Milton Keynes, Projekt Revolution, UK 01.08.2009 - Sonisphere 09 UK with Dead By Sunrise 07.11.2010 - Puerta de Alcalá, MTV Music Awards Europe, Spain 12.06.2011 - Donington Park/Donington Castle - Download Festival 2011, UK 14.06.2011 - Stockholm, Sweden, Ericsson Globe Arena 04.07.2011 - Itunes Festival 2011, UK 09.09.2011 - nicofarre, Tokyo Japan, A Thousand Horizons 20.05.2012 - Las Vegas, NV - Billboard Awards 2012 26.05.2012 - Lisbon, Portugal - Rock In Rio 2012 19.06.2012 - PowerTheWorld/Music For Relief - Rio+ Social

#43 thesungoesdown

thesungoesdown

Soldier

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:57 PM

Sounds like a cheapo rock song to me haha. ' Burn it down yeah yeah yeah yea ' or something crap like that.

I'm sure I'll be completely wrong though, not trying to be negative. But ya cant beat The Catalyst s a single name, sounded so mysterious.

Ditto. I think this whole record is going to be like that to be honest. The creative side is going to come from elements they throw into each song, but mike calling it a "firecracker" record and Chester saying that playing these songs live are a big influence to create uptempo songs, just sounds like at the end of the day they want to add more energy to their live shows. more what i've done's, new divides, etc and less burning in the skies, iridescents, etc.

I think this album is going to be a lot like Hybrid Theory/Meteora in the sense that the energy never dies in the album. You can jam to those albums beginning to end. It's not going to be as heavy, use as much distorted guitars, screaming, etc but the energy is going to be up and they album won't feel as random as a Minutes to Midnight ( i.e. Leave out all the rest after Given Up)

Edited by thesungoesdown, 24 March 2012 - 10:02 PM.

#44 VavourasLP

VavourasLP

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:13 PM

Oh come on, they should wait till April 15th and say "New single TOMORROW!" :P

25-6-2008
Athens Terravibe Park
21-7-2009 Athens Terravibe Park

#45 Hybrid1988

Hybrid1988

Roadie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:29 PM

Personally, I think the title sounds a bit generic and cliche but as long as the song itself is good then I can't complain. Some great songs have horrible titles. Hopefully this album is a good evolution of the progressive elements ATS brought forth.
follow me for pointless nonsense: @brandon_288

#46 Bliss

Bliss

Idol

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,933 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:00 PM

Am I the only one who actually likes the title of the song?

2013 Concerts:
February 8th- VoxNora, Atlas Genius, and Imagine Dragons. (Marquee Theatre, Tempe, AZ)
April 18th- The Postal Service. (Comerica Theatre, Phoenix, AZ)
June 6th- Hillsong United. (ShoWare Center, Kent, WA)
September 7th- Chivalry is Dead, Always Right, Monhagans Dixon, Straight Til Morning, Visions of the Martyr, To Each His Own, and Romance Mechanics. (Pub Rock, Scottsdale, AZ)
December 3rd- Get Dead, Masked Intruder, Anti-Flag, and Less Than Jake. (The Nile, Mesa, AZ)

2014 Concerts:

February 17th- Imagine Dragons, The Naked and Famous, and Nico Vega (US Airways Center, Phoenix, AZ)
September 10th- Linkin Park, 30 Seconds to Mars, and AFI (US Airways Center, Phoenix, AZ)

#47 jtrainhunt07

jtrainhunt07

Casual

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:11 PM

Am I the only one who actually likes the title of the song?

I actually think it sounds sweet. I cant wait to hear what its gonna sound like. Im guessing EPIC!!!

#48 Final Destiny

Final Destiny

<3

• Members
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:14 PM

I think this album is going to be a lot like Hybrid Theory/Meteora in the sense that the energy never dies in the album. You can jam to those albums beginning to end. It's not going to be as heavy, use as much distorted guitars, screaming, etc but the energy is going to be up and they album won't feel as random as a Minutes to Midnight ( i.e. Leave out all the rest after Given Up)

I think that'd be a good thing. MTM's transitions were sort of shitty, whereas ATS used the multiple interludes to make the transitions not so jarring. But if every song is nice and fast (with some variation of course), then there's no need for transitional interludes and the transitions themselves won't be as bad.

Also, I don't see why people are passing judgement on the title of the song, calling it "cliche" and shit. It's a song title. We haven't heard so much as one line yet, if it's even the title. Chill out.

Edited by SomedudeRemix, 24 March 2012 - 11:14 PM.

CORAMA | last.fm | The Complete Rosewood Fall

bitching © SOMEDUDE REMIX

#49 Bliss

Bliss

Idol

• Members
  • 2,933 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:34 AM

I think that'd be a good thing. MTM's transitions were sort of shitty, whereas ATS used the multiple interludes to make the transitions not so jarring. But if every song is nice and fast (with some variation of course), then there's no need for transitional interludes and the transitions themselves won't be as bad.

Also, I don't see why people are passing judgement on the title of the song, calling it "cliche" and shit. It's a song title. We haven't heard so much as one line yet, if it's even the title. Chill out.

I have to disagree here. the interludes made ATS worse

2013 Concerts:
February 8th- VoxNora, Atlas Genius, and Imagine Dragons. (Marquee Theatre, Tempe, AZ)
September 7th- Chivalry is Dead, Always Right, Monhagans Dixon, Straight Til Morning, Visions of the Martyr, To Each His Own, and Romance Mechanics. (Pub Rock, Scottsdale, AZ)
December 3rd- Get Dead, Masked Intruder, Anti-Flag, and Less Than Jake. (The Nile, Mesa, AZ)

2014 Concerts:

February 17th- Imagine Dragons, The Naked and Famous, and Nico Vega (US Airways Center, Phoenix, AZ)
September 10th- Linkin Park, 30 Seconds to Mars, and AFI (US Airways Center, Phoenix, AZ)

#50 Chouonsoku

Chouonsoku

Casual

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:47 AM

Jornada del Muerto was my favorite ATS track. :P

#51 Xero21

Xero21

Idol

• Members
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:02 AM

If the interludes were not their own tracks, but tacked on to the other songs (like Empty Spaces was part of WTCFM/BITS, Fallout was part of The Catalyst, etc.), would you still feel the same way?
the proud new admin at fuckyeahlinkinpark.tumblr.com follow us!

#52 Final Destiny

Final Destiny

<3

• Members
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:55 AM

If Chester was screaming over them and Mike was rapping over them, would you like them more?

CORAMA | last.fm | The Complete Rosewood Fall

bitching © SOMEDUDE REMIX

#53 DecanoLP

DecanoLP

Idol

• Moderators
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:19 AM

BURN IT DOWN SOUNDS SO FUCKING HEAVY. OMG. I CAN JUDGE A SONG BY THE NAME OF THE TITLE, AND SINCE BURN IT DOWN HAS THE WORD DOWN IN IT, AND SINCE HEAVY THINGS BRING LIGHT THINGS "LOWER" AKA DOWN, THEN THIS SONG MUST BE HEAVY AS FUCK! I LOVE YOU LINKIN PARK. YOU ARE MY LOVER. KEEP MAKING HEAVY MUSIC BECAUSE IT MAKES MY BONER GO WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

:lol: Good one.

Well, "Burn it Down" doesn't sound like a typical Linkin Park song title but the release date sounds legit. I'm so looking forward to hearing their new stuff. The recent interviews got me very excited.
"Singing at their top of their lungs, being passionate, some people cry when their favourite song comes on, people rip their clothes off... This never happens anywhere except in music. And that's beautiful." - Chester Bennington

#54 linkingabo

linkingabo

Soldier

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:41 AM

If Chester was screaming over them and Mike was rapping over them, would you like them more?

but that didn't happen.. so..

#55 LGraham

LGraham

Rebel

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,789 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:11 AM

AllAccess and FMQB are pretty reliable. They're sites for the radio branche, DJ's etc..

ok, two sources - i concede, this is starting to become quite legit.

awaits radio promo disc prices on ebay to go astronomical on this :lol:

"Science explains why something is, but not what it feels like.
Blood & Chemistry is about working out the world when neither satisfy you"

I go to lots of gigs

#56 linkinpark92

linkinpark92

Casual

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:51 AM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=C4J_2Ryo6M8

Fake Video.....

#57 LGraham

LGraham

Rebel

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,789 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:59 AM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=C4J_2Ryo6M8

Fake Video.....

i hate this sort of thing so much...
are people that desperate to get views?

"Science explains why something is, but not what it feels like.
Blood & Chemistry is about working out the world when neither satisfy you"

I go to lots of gigs

#58 Pro_Ice

Pro_Ice

Casual

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:15 AM

That news is sick. Adds up hope for new album's release early summer.

Anyway, I don't like the title that much. It sounds energetic and kinda non-generic for Linkin Park, but I fear new record will get too distant from melodic-style tracks like Burning In The Skies, Iridescent, Little Things Give You Away or Robot Boy.
But if it's close to Wretches And Kings I won't protest though. Just, please, let it not be another Hybrid Theory. X_X

EDIT: Triple A's release date note for Regina Spektor's (a russian-born american singer) new single got recently pushed from March 26th to April 23. That may mean that "Burn It Down" release date may also be not that final. :unsure:

Edited by Pro_Ice, 25 March 2012 - 10:04 AM.

I'm swimming in the smoke / of bridges I have burned
So don't apologize / I'm losing what I don't deserve

#59 Bliss

Bliss

Idol

• Members
  • 2,933 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:38 AM

If the interludes were not their own tracks, but tacked on to the other songs (like Empty Spaces was part of WTCFM/BITS, Fallout was part of The Catalyst, etc.), would you still feel the same way?

I would feel the same way, because it would be like an annpoying little part to the end (or beginning) of a song. I dislike them completely and wish they weren't there.

:lol: Good one.

Well, "Burn it Down" doesn't sound like a typical Linkin Park song title but the release date sounds legit. I'm so looking forward to hearing their new stuff. The recent interviews got me very excited.

It sounds generic to LP because it's another three word single title lol. but i love the title name

Edited by Bliss, 25 March 2012 - 01:32 PM.

2013 Concerts:

2014 Concerts:

#60 LPMaskMan

LPMaskMan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:58 AM

The chorus lines: I wanna burn it down The entire world I wanna feel the heat I wanna burn it down

|Listen to my electronic music works (ambient, downtempo, trip-hop) here: Soundcloud | Bandcamp | Facebook |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users