739 replies to this topic

#21 Bliss

Bliss

Idol

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,942 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:55 PM

Even the title sounds like a step back from ATS if true. Just food for thought. The Catalyst sounds way cooler lol, Burn it down sounds a little generic.

Can't wait anyway, 22 days if true.

I disagree, Burn It Down is an epic name! Honestly, a really good title. Better than the catalyst imo. It's tied with Waiting For the End for best recent single names, for me anyways.

"Burn It Down" sounds rebellious. Rebellious= Heavy. hmm... Maybe I'm speculating too much.

I agree, it does sound that way but Im not sure if it will be that way, i hope it will be that way

2012 and 2013 Concerts:

http://lplive.net/fo...e=9#entry218871

2014 Concerts:

February 17th- Imagine Dragons, The Naked and Famous, and Nico Vega. (US Airways Center, Phoenix, AZ)
August 31st- Ed Sheeran (Jobbing.com Arena, Glendale, AZ)
September 5th- Blake Shelton, The Band Perry, Dan+Shay, and Neal McCoy (Ak-Chin Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ)
September 10th- Linkin Park, 30 Seconds to Mars, and AFI (US Airways Center, Phoenix, AZ)
October 13th- Empire! Empire!, Free Throw, Cave Sounds and Glencove. (The Underground, Mesa, AZ)
November 26th- Modern Baseball, Knuckle Puck, Crying, Somos, Sundressed (Club Red, Mesa, AZ)

#22 Final Destiny

Final Destiny

<3

• Members
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:58 PM

BURN IT DOWN SOUNDS SO FUCKING HEAVY. OMG. I CAN JUDGE A SONG BY THE NAME OF THE TITLE, AND SINCE BURN IT DOWN HAS THE WORD DOWN IN IT, AND SINCE HEAVY THINGS BRING LIGHT THINGS "LOWER" AKA DOWN, THEN THIS SONG MUST BE HEAVY AS FUCK! I LOVE YOU LINKIN PARK. YOU ARE MY LOVER. KEEP MAKING HEAVY MUSIC BECAUSE IT MAKES MY BONER GO WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

perfect post

I'm excited for this song. Hopefully it'll be a decent indicator of what the album as a whole will sound like and won't be a sort of bait and switch like What I've Done was.

CORAMA | last.fm | The Complete Rosewood Fall

bitching © SOMEDUDE REMIX

#23 thesungoesdown

thesungoesdown

Soldier

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:59 PM

Pretty generic song title BUT I love it when LP is in attack mode in their songs ha. i.e. bleed it out, wretches and kings, etc. Expecting a sing along stadium song with a big chorus, but nothing too heavy.

#24 Subs

Subs

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:00 PM

Sounds like a cheapo rock song to me haha. ' Burn it down yeah yeah yeah yea ' or something crap like that. I'm sure I'll be completely wrong though, not trying to be negative. But ya cant beat The Catalyst s a single name, sounded so mysterious.

#25 Trang

Trang

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:06 PM

Only 22 days to go and still no promotional stuff, videos, snippets...??? Well, I hope this is true but kinda contrasts with TC's release (LP Featuring You!!!).

#26 Bliss

Bliss

Idol

• Members
  • 2,942 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:14 PM

I love it when LP is in attack mode in their songs ha. i.e. bleed it out, wretches and kings, etc. Expecting a sing along stadium song with a big chorus, but nothing too heavy.

I agree, it will be a song you can rock to but not to heavy i think!

Only 22 days to go and still no promotional stuff, videos, snippets...???

Well, I hope this is true but kinda contrasts with TC's release (LP Featuring You!!!).

I think they are taking a different approach this time around, not saying to much, and then people won't speculate anything until their hear the actual music.

2012 and 2013 Concerts:

2014 Concerts:

February 17th- Imagine Dragons, The Naked and Famous, and Nico Vega. (US Airways Center, Phoenix, AZ)
September 5th- Blake Shelton, The Band Perry, Dan+Shay, and Neal McCoy (Ak-Chin Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ)
September 10th- Linkin Park, 30 Seconds to Mars, and AFI (US Airways Center, Phoenix, AZ)
October 13th- Empire! Empire!, Free Throw, Cave Sounds and Glencove. (The Underground, Mesa, AZ)
November 26th- Modern Baseball, Knuckle Puck, Crying, Somos, Sundressed (Club Red, Mesa, AZ)

#27 junior8821

junior8821

Roadie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:43 PM

I hope this is true. Cant wait to see what they sound like

#28 Borellus

Borellus

Soldier

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:02 PM

It'll catch everyone off guard and end up sounding like Iridescent lol.

#29 Bliss

Bliss

Idol

• Members
  • 2,942 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:07 PM

It'll catch everyone off guard and end up sounding like Iridescent lol.

i doubt it

2012 and 2013 Concerts:

2014 Concerts:

#30 Wilderness

Wilderness

Canal Guy

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:08 PM

Yep. That's it guys. New single in two weeks. Fucking awesome. Not even gonna bother considering this to be a rumor.

22 days = 2 weeks?! THIS MAKES SENSE!!!

Dragonball-Battle-of-Z-Banner.jpg

#31 Philly_Willy

Philly_Willy

Roadie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:12 PM

I'll have just finished cleaning up my cream from all this excitement and then the single will come out and I'll explode everywhere again, probably blinding people.

Linkin Park wins at everything forever

Posted Image

#32 BadyBoy

BadyBoy

Lurker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:20 PM

I just found this...
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=C4J_2Ryo6M8
fake or real? :-O

#33 Bliss

Bliss

Idol

• Members
  • 2,942 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:27 PM

I just found this...

sounds fake, sounds nothing like LP (not even ATS side), and the information about Burn it Down just came out today, it's some loser who has no life

or in the Words of Ray William Johnson: CHECK YOUR WARNING LEVEL.

Edited by Jen, 24 March 2012 - 08:23 PM.
inappropriate language

2012 and 2013 Concerts:

2014 Concerts:

#34 Legend

Legend

Certified Badass

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:28 PM

I just found this...

I will assume every snippet we hear is fake unless it comes from a reliable source.

I used to be an Administrator here, then I took an arrow in the knee.

#35 Ducko

Ducko

Hooligan

• Members
  • 2,392 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:43 PM

Avenged Sevenfold cover? I joke, I joke. Very exciting that this seems legit, can't wait to hear what it sounds like.

My Mind's Wide Open Like Starry Skies

Gigs I've Been To / Am Going To (If You Care)

I write album reviews for RichardThinks.org.

#36 F0RG0TT3N

F0RG0TT3N

Soldier

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:54 PM

I just found this...

Oh My God, if it is real, this song will be fucking terrible!!!
:blink:

Edited by F0RG0TT3N, 24 March 2012 - 05:55 PM.

#37 ColonyCollapse

ColonyCollapse

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:00 PM

Love the song name, hope this is true :)
For me, it's all about getting back to the real "hybrid theory" not the album with that name, but the idea that the six guys in our band have drastically different tastes in music, and the blending of all those sounds into one is exactly what we built our band upon.

-Mike Shinoda

#38 Krylon

Krylon

Casual

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:20 PM

If this is true, I'm not too surprised with the general lack of information and hype regarding the album or the single. This caused such a problem with their last two albums, where LP hyped up this incredibly new and unique sound, but things rarely live up to their hype. If you aren't expecting something in particular, that's one less way for you to be disappointed. The only thing they've promised so far is that it'll be more recognizable and there will be more guitar--something I believe they can deliver without disappointment.

#39 Bliss

Bliss

Idol

• Members
  • 2,942 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:27 PM

If this is true, I'm not too surprised with the general lack of information and hype regarding the album or the single. This caused such a problem with their last two albums, where LP hyped up this incredibly new and unique sound, but things rarely live up to their hype. If you aren't expecting something in particular, that's one less way for you to be disappointed. The only thing they've promised so far is that it'll be more recognizable and there will be more guitar--something I believe they can deliver without disappointment.

I totally agree!

2012 and 2013 Concerts:

2014 Concerts:

#40 Geki

Geki

Rebel

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,239 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:33 PM

I just found this...

LOL that sounds so good! Can't wait for the full track to leak!!! :rolleyes:

Honestly though, I won't believe any ''clips'' are real until one comes from an official source.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users