Reply to this topicStart new topic
> First US tour date confirmed?
Geki
post Mar 13 2012, 02:09 PM
Post #21

Street Soldier

Group: Contributors
Member No.: 135

Wtf...Why. LP is from North America. We didn't even get a PR at all the last album cycle. We got one US tour, that was in the winter, and Chester canceled a bunch of shows and LP never made them up, they even canceled the last show of the ATS tour in Florida that I bought hotel and plane tickets for. Didn't make that up either. Does the band only play Europe now? All they do is play a million shows there. What about the US fans? What about South American fans? What about Australian fans? What about African fans? What about Russian fans? What about Canadian fans? What about Asian fans? Like wtf.

--------------------
Carnivores Tour 2014:
Mansfield, Holmdel, Wantagh
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lakersfan13
post Mar 13 2012, 02:17 PM
Post #22

LPL Veteran

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,263

QUOTE (Geki @ Mar 13 2012, 03:09 PM) *
Wtf...Why. LP is from North America. We didn't even get a PR at all the last album cycle. We got one US tour, that was in the winter, and Chester canceled a bunch of shows and LP never made them up, they even canceled the last show of the ATS tour in Florida that I bought hotel and plane tickets for. Didn't make that up either. Does the band only play Europe now? All they do is play a million shows there. What about the US fans? What about South American fans? What about Australian fans? What about African fans? What about Russian fans? What about Canadian fans? What about Asian fans? Like wtf.

Lol dude, I wouldn't worry too much. Maybe this date is real and they didn't want it to leak, so they're denying it. Maybe it isn't real, but there still will be a US tour/Projekt Rev this summer. And maybe it isn't real and there won't be a tour this summer, but as long as they have an album coming out, they'll still support it with a US tour at some point.

I'm frustrated by the lack of dates too, I bought tickets for the Verizon Center show which they cancelled instead of postponing, but it's not like they do these things to screw over their fans. Of course they play a lot in Europe, that's where their biggest fans are, it's unfortunate for people like us who want to see LP live, but it only makes sense.

Let's give it a few days/weeks and see how things play out.

+Quote Post
Geki
post Mar 13 2012, 02:25 PM
Post #23

Street Soldier

The only reason I am frustrated is because last year, I bought tickets for the Uncasville, CT show, the show on Mike's birthday during the US tour. Chester got sick, which is understandable, and they canceled. We at least got money back. I then bought tickets for the Pensacola show, and I also made hotel reservations and flight plans, everything. And LP canceled on me almost last minute because of Chester's arm needing surgery, yet he could go out and play a DBS show, etc. Kind of sucks. I didn't get ticket refunds because DeLuna wouldn't let me, I also wasted a ton of money on hotel reservations and flight tickets. I just want to see my favorite band live again!!!

--------------------
Carnivores Tour 2014:

+Quote Post
SoxRock
post Mar 13 2012, 02:29 PM
Post #24

Leveler

Group: Donators
Member No.: 275

We'll see what happens. I never claimed the news to be 100% confirmed. I just woke up this morning with the text message and found it on their site. All "big" shows I've ever been to have had WAAF early confirmation and they have never been wrong.

I'm not saying that WAAF is right, but I feel they're pretty accurate and I think we still will hear something this week.

--------------------
2008 - Projekt Revolution @ Mansfield, MA
2011 - ATS World Tour @ Boston, MA (w/ M&G)
2012 - LIVING THINGS World Tour @ Uncasville, CT (w/M&G)
2012 - LIVING THINGS World Tour @ Mansfield, MA (w/M&G)
2014 - CARNIVORES TOUR @ Mansfield, MA

+Quote Post
Geki
post Mar 13 2012, 02:32 PM
Post #25

Street Soldier

QUOTE (SoxRock @ Mar 13 2012, 03:29 PM) *
We'll see what happens. I never claimed the news to be 100% confirmed. I just woke up this morning with the text message and found it on their site. All "big" shows I've ever been to have had WAAF early confirmation and they have never been wrong.

I'm not saying that WAAF is right, but I feel they're pretty accurate and I think we still will hear something this week.

Hopefully....we need this tour!

--------------------
Carnivores Tour 2014:

+Quote Post
Bliss
post Mar 13 2012, 02:36 PM
Post #26

Idol

Member No.: 3,521

QUOTE (Geki @ Mar 13 2012, 12:32 PM) *
Hopefully....we need this tour!

I agree!

--------------------
2013 Concerts:
February 8th- VoxNora, Atlas Genius, and Imagine Dragons. (Marquee Theatre, Tempe, AZ)
April 18th- The Postal Service. (Comerica Theatre, Phoenix, AZ)
June 6th- Hillsong United. (ShoWare Center, Kent, WA)
September 7th- Chivalry is Dead, Always Right, Monhagans Dixon, Straight Til Morning, Visions of the Martyr, To Each His Own, and Romance Mechanics. (Pub Rock, Scottsdale, AZ)
December 3rd- Get Dead, Masked Intruder, Anti-Flag, and Less Than Jake. (The Nile, Mesa, AZ)

2014 Concerts:

February 17th- Imagine Dragons, The Naked and Famous, and Nico Vega (US Airways Center, Phoenix, AZ)
September 10th- Linkin Park, 30 Seconds to Mars, and AFI (US Airways Center, Phoenix, AZ)

+Quote Post
lakersfan13
post Mar 13 2012, 02:39 PM
Post #27

LPL Veteran

QUOTE (SoxRock @ Mar 13 2012, 03:29 PM) *

If I had to guess, I'd say it seems legit. I think (hope) that the band doesn't want the information coming out like this and would rather be the ones to make the official announcement. Hence the denial.

+Quote Post
SoxRock
post Mar 13 2012, 02:44 PM
Post #28

Leveler

Member No.: 275

QUOTE (lakersfan13 @ Mar 13 2012, 03:39 PM) *
If I had to guess, I'd say it seems legit. I think (hope) that the band doesn't want the information coming out like this and would rather be the ones to make the official announcement. Hence the denial.

I feel the same way, I just don't want anyone to take my source as confirmation, just as a mere rumor from a reliable source.

--------------------
2008 - Projekt Revolution @ Mansfield, MA
2011 - ATS World Tour @ Boston, MA (w/ M&G)
2012 - LIVING THINGS World Tour @ Uncasville, CT (w/M&G)
2012 - LIVING THINGS World Tour @ Mansfield, MA (w/M&G)
2014 - CARNIVORES TOUR @ Mansfield, MA

+Quote Post
lakersfan13
post Mar 13 2012, 04:52 PM
Post #29

LPL Veteran

Not sure if this means anything, but the website pulled the date from their concert list.

+Quote Post
Hahninator
post Mar 13 2012, 05:18 PM
Post #30

A Place For My Head

Group: Staff
Member No.: 53

Sounds legit to me. It's not like the radio station is pulling this out of their ass lol. The date is open at the venue. They pulled it from the site I bet because they jumped the gun on announcing it and LP said hold up.

If the presale is soon then LP will announce the full USA tour at once shortly. I see no reason for this to be fake.

--------------------
Carnivores Tour 2014:
West Palm Beach, Tampa, Charlotte, Bristow, Camden, Mansfield, Holmdel, Wantagh, Darien Center
QUOTE (Astat @ Jan 15 2014, 09:52 PM) *
people chanted for BIO non-stop throughout the ENTIRE encore break,
sat through CFTI and QWERTY like "WTF is this shit"

+Quote Post
sublimeric
post Mar 13 2012, 06:08 PM
Post #31

Veteran Producer

Member No.: 1,053

LOL @ Adam's quasi-denial. Official sources are never going to confirm anything ahead of a press release!

I'm really hoping to make the Mansfield ("Boston") show. 2008 was amazing, and the 2011 show at the Garden was pretty cool too. If ticket prices are reasonable, I'm in!

Agreed with everyone else complaining about the short span of time between show announcement and on-sale date, too. Especially this time of year, when all the summer tours are being announced and going on sale at the same time.

+Quote Post
Final Destiny
post Mar 13 2012, 08:40 PM
Post #32

<3

Member No.: 2,172

If this date is legit, I wonder how early a Tampa date would be. I'd need to plan around band shit...or skip a football game and drop a letter grade. Can't wait for an official announcement.

--------------------
out.
QUOTE (LGraham @ Apr 16 2012, 06:39 AM) *
bitching SOMEDUDE REMIX

+Quote Post
Serenity of Ashe...
post Mar 13 2012, 09:03 PM
Post #33

LPL Veteran

Member No.: 359

QUOTE (lakersfan13 @ Mar 13 2012, 01:07 PM) *
Not sure if trying to save official announcement for LP (Denying leak)
or party pooper (no real US tour)

Well seeing as how that radio station (Hot 99.5) said the album was almost finished and coming out in 2012 when the album actually IS almost finished and coming out in 2012, logically I see this as Adam's way of saying that WAAF is correct! wink.gif

--------------------
"Robot Boy" is an auditory orgasm.
QUOTE (StuckNMove @ Jan 3 2012, 08:46 PM) *
What band is still touring the world, played on alt rock radio stations regularly, still on a major label? ...Exactly.
QUOTE (rav0k @ Sep 5 2011, 03:39 PM) *
Shame on Linkin Park for not creating brand new songs for every single show that they play.
QUOTE (Dmitry @ Jun 2 2011, 11:50 AM) *
If I was a famous musician I'd troll radio stations all the time.

+Quote Post
mrcoololy
post Mar 13 2012, 09:34 PM
Post #34

Rick Rubin

Member No.: 5,945

I HOPE LINKIN PARK COMES BACK TO TORONTO SOON TO DO A CONCERT CAUSE I TO MEET THEM AND GET FRONTROW CONCERT TICKETS FOR THE SHOW smile.gif

+Quote Post
Stone44
post Mar 13 2012, 09:35 PM
Post #35

Veteran Producer

Member No.: 5,767

Projekt Rev. or regular US tour, if this is a legit thing they could be playing jersey / new york around my birthday by the looks of this, SWEET biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Stone44: Mar 13 2012, 09:35 PM

--------------------
jako: WID is good live, but nothing special.
Stone44: agreed, and pretty sure Chester just said mythelf and not myself
jako: it's the Stache's fault
Stone44: blame it on the Stache

+Quote Post
adaminator1
post Mar 14 2012, 03:35 AM
Post #36

Veteran Producer

Member No.: 2,351

QUOTE (Serenity of Ashes @ Mar 14 2012, 03:03 PM) *
Well seeing as how that radio station (Hot 99.5) said the album was almost finished and coming out in 2012 when the album actually IS almost finished and coming out in 2012, logically I see this as Adam's way of saying that WAAF is correct! wink.gif

laugh.gif

So true!

--------------------
QUOTE (GreySkull @ Jun 16 2010, 09:36 AM) *
QUOTE (adaminator1 @ Jun 16 2010, 09:23 AM) *

Topic? What topic? The topic about how we've been Mike-Rolled?

Thread winner.

+Quote Post
Hahninator
post Mar 14 2012, 09:57 AM
Post #37

A Place For My Head

Group: Staff
Member No.: 53

Cmon...gimme the PR announcement....drooling over here lol

--------------------
Carnivores Tour 2014:
West Palm Beach, Tampa, Charlotte, Bristow, Camden, Mansfield, Holmdel, Wantagh, Darien Center
QUOTE (Astat @ Jan 15 2014, 09:52 PM) *
people chanted for BIO non-stop throughout the ENTIRE encore break,
sat through CFTI and QWERTY like "WTF is this shit"

+Quote Post
Faint!ntoPieces
post Mar 14 2012, 12:41 PM
Post #38

Veteran Producer

Member No.: 1,959

This makes me excited just because it means that LP would hopefully travel up to Canada around that time as well, meaning I could FINALLY see them. Keeping my fingers crossed that this is the real deal!

+Quote Post
L13413P
post Mar 15 2012, 12:54 AM
Post #39

LP Soldier

Member No.: 615

QUOTE (Adam @ Mar 13 2012, 02:53 PM) *
I think Adam (and Mike) are on the right track.

Everyone's so quick to jump the gun at every LP news they see from sources that aren't officially tied to the band. I'm not holding my breath over this, I'd rather hear it strait from Linkin Park, or the LPU first before jumping to conclusions, then having the date be false information.

I honestly think any tour information (other than the European festivals) will be announced after [insert fifth LP album] is.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bliss
post Mar 15 2012, 09:28 PM
Post #40

Idol

Member No.: 3,521

QUOTE (Adam @ Mar 13 2012, 11:53 AM) *

hey Adam, do you run Linkin Park's facebook page or know who does? could you post about this: http://www.mtv.com/content/news/2012/music...h_madness_2012/

It got posted about last year and if LP facebook posts about it we can pull back into the lead, and try and get to at least elite 8 like last year

--------------------
2013 Concerts:
February 8th- VoxNora, Atlas Genius, and Imagine Dragons. (Marquee Theatre, Tempe, AZ)
April 18th- The Postal Service. (Comerica Theatre, Phoenix, AZ)
June 6th- Hillsong United. (ShoWare Center, Kent, WA)
September 7th- Chivalry is Dead, Always Right, Monhagans Dixon, Straight Til Morning, Visions of the Martyr, To Each His Own, and Romance Mechanics. (Pub Rock, Scottsdale, AZ)
December 3rd- Get Dead, Masked Intruder, Anti-Flag, and Less Than Jake. (The Nile, Mesa, AZ)

2014 Concerts:

February 17th- Imagine Dragons, The Naked and Famous, and Nico Vega (US Airways Center, Phoenix, AZ)
September 10th- Linkin Park, 30 Seconds to Mars, and AFI (US Airways Center, Phoenix, AZ)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 12:42 PM

Copyright 2006-2014 Linkin Park Live