Linkin Park Live

...made for the fans, by the fans...

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Thrash Hits have some potential album news...
Usman
post Feb 7 2012, 12:52 PM
Post #41

Veteran Producer

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,320

LP sucks and sold out, that is unless they stop caring about what music they want to make and start making albums that sell more (which is NOT selling out). End of story.

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
haimu
post Feb 7 2012, 02:44 PM
Post #42

Rick Rubin

Member No.: 5,311

They sold out but wait to listen the album, maybe we will have a good surprise.

+Quote Post
adaminator1
post Feb 7 2012, 06:05 PM
Post #43

Veteran Producer

Group: Donators
Member No.: 2,351

QUOTE (haimu @ Feb 8 2012, 08:44 AM) *
They sold out but wait to listen the album, maybe we will have a good surprise.

No, they didn't sell out. Anyone who suggests such a thing is... Well, to put it frankly, an idiot. They're making the music they want to make. That's the opposite of selling out.

____

So, did they ever post an article? >.>

--------------------
QUOTE (GreySkull @ Jun 16 2010, 09:36 AM) *
QUOTE (adaminator1 @ Jun 16 2010, 09:23 AM) *

Topic? What topic? The topic about how we've been Mike-Rolled?

Thread winner.

+Quote Post
Bliss
post Feb 7 2012, 07:50 PM
Post #44

Idol

Member No.: 3,521

QUOTE (LinkinMark @ Feb 6 2012, 05:01 PM) *
Linkin Park's first week sales on ATS were better than Nickelback, Foo Fighters, Blink 182 but it still wasn't a lot compared to previous albums. Rock isn't selling as well as before but let's hope the next album changes that!

yeah but Blink-182's album and Foo Fighters album were better

QUOTE (adaminator1 @ Feb 7 2012, 03:05 PM) *
No, they didn't sell out. Anyone who suggests such a thing is... Well, to put it frankly, an idiot. They're making the music they want to make. That's the opposite of selling out.

____

So, did they ever post an article? >.>

this argument always comes up. I'd say technically they aren't selling out because the album sales were weak compared to last three albums but it still was a "bad change" imo

so not selling out, but still

I liked MTM much better than ATS

--------------------
2013 Concerts:
February 8th- VoxNora, Atlas Genius, and Imagine Dragons. (Marquee Theatre, Tempe, AZ)
April 18th- The Postal Service. (Comerica Theatre, Phoenix, AZ)
June 6th- Hillsong United. (ShoWare Center, Kent, WA)
September 7th- Chivalry is Dead, Always Right, Monhagans Dixon, Straight Til Morning, Visions of the Martyr, To Each His Own, and Romance Mechanics. (Pub Rock, Scottsdale, AZ)
December 3rd- Get Dead, Masked Intruder, Anti-Flag, and Less Than Jake. (The Nile, Mesa, AZ)

2014 Concerts:

February 17th- Imagine Dragons, The Naked and Famous, and Nico Vega (US Airways Center, Phoenix, AZ)
September 10th- Linkin Park, 30 Seconds to Mars, and AFI (US Airways Center, Phoenix, AZ)

+Quote Post
adaminator1
post Feb 7 2012, 11:30 PM
Post #45

Veteran Producer

Group: Donators
Member No.: 2,351

QUOTE (Bliss @ Feb 8 2012, 01:50 PM) *
yeah but Blink-182's album and Foo Fighters album were better

this argument always comes up. I'd say technically they aren't selling out because the album sales were weak compared to last three albums but it still was a "bad change" imo

so not selling out, but still

I liked MTM much better than ATS

However-- that is indeed your opinion. I, and a lot of other fans, don't think it's a "bad change". Just because you don't like it, doesn't make it a bad thing.

Just because a band puts out something that you don't like doesn't inherently make it bad. It's good music. Just not your kind of thing. It's still Linkin Park.

I, for one, love everything LP has come out with. HT/Reanimation/Meteora/MTM/ATS. I want them to keep on doing the music they want, and not listen to what people want them to sound like. It's just more exciting that way-- you never know what they're going to do next.

Love it, or hate it, you can't deny that Linkin Park is a unique band in how they change from album to album-- even with keeping the same kind of sound between Hybrid Theory and Meteora, they pulled off plenty of new, exciting things that kept everything fresh. They know how to make good music, regardless of genre-- but the genre hopping I think is what people complain about, because not many other bands ((That I know of)) change constantly each album, constantly reinventing their sound.

I think you're in it for more "Rock" than anything else, which is why you hated ATS-- because it wasn't in your genre preferences. It came completely out of left field. I, for one, just like to sit back and enjoy the ride. I was originally in it for the rock too-- but Linkin Park have brought so much more to the table than that in the past few years, it really is quite amazing. I want them to keep on doing what they want to do, without constricting themselves to a single mindset. However-- As such, I don't mind if they work in some of their old sound into anything, because I know that Linkin Park will keep things fresh. The most exciting thing is that you just don't know what to expect with new songs. I love that feeling.

This post has been edited by adaminator1: Feb 7 2012, 11:42 PM

--------------------
QUOTE (GreySkull @ Jun 16 2010, 09:36 AM) *
QUOTE (adaminator1 @ Jun 16 2010, 09:23 AM) *

Topic? What topic? The topic about how we've been Mike-Rolled?

Thread winner.

+Quote Post
murphyLP
post Feb 8 2012, 05:21 AM
Post #46

LPL Veteran

Member No.: 990

QUOTE (adaminator1 @ Feb 8 2012, 02:30 AM) *
However-- that is indeed your opinion. I, and a lot of other fans, don't think it's a "bad change". Just because you don't like it, doesn't make it a bad thing.

Just because a band puts out something that you don't like doesn't inherently make it bad. It's good music. Just not your kind of thing. It's still Linkin Park.

I, for one, love everything LP has come out with. HT/Reanimation/Meteora/MTM/ATS. I want them to keep on doing the music they want, and not listen to what people want them to sound like. It's just more exciting that way-- you never know what they're going to do next.

Love it, or hate it, you can't deny that Linkin Park is a unique band in how they change from album to album-- even with keeping the same kind of sound between Hybrid Theory and Meteora, they pulled off plenty of new, exciting things that kept everything fresh. They know how to make good music, regardless of genre-- but the genre hopping I think is what people complain about, because not many other bands ((That I know of)) change constantly each album, constantly reinventing their sound.

I think you're in it for more "Rock" than anything else, which is why you hated ATS-- because it wasn't in your genre preferences. It came completely out of left field. I, for one, just like to sit back and enjoy the ride. I was originally in it for the rock too-- but Linkin Park have brought so much more to the table than that in the past few years, it really is quite amazing. I want them to keep on doing what they want to do, without constricting themselves to a single mindset. However-- As such, I don't mind if they work in some of their old sound into anything, because I know that Linkin Park will keep things fresh. The most exciting thing is that you just don't know what to expect with new songs. I love that feeling.

Agreed!!!

+Quote Post
SixOldShoes
post Feb 8 2012, 07:46 AM
Post #47

LPL Veteran

Member No.: 4,732

It is everytime funny to see, how people are defending ATS. They say the change is good, and it is a good Album but the most people like the prevoius records more, that's a little bit controversial.

Change is good, but to much is to much. It is not only the change on their records they have changed on theirs shows a lot too.

So my question is, is that what they really want for the fans ?

I like ATS, but sometimes I think I like it only because of a still hope that they return to a harder sound. I don't want nu metal back, I want that they use guitar or harder drums. Is this really to difficult ? Is that really to difficult to be creative and making good rock music ?

I think not.

--------------------
Shows:

01/21/2008 Linkin Park,
Cologne, Lanxess Arena
06/28/2008 Linkin Park, Düsseldorf, LTU Arena (Projekt Revolution)
02/25/2010 Dead by Sunrise, Cologne, E-Werk
10/26/2010 Linkin Park, Dortmund, Westfalenhalle 1 + LPU M&G
10/27/2010 Linkin Park, Cologne, Lanxess Arena
03/22/2011 Madsen, Bochum, Zeche Bochum
06/10/2011 Julien-K, Cologne (Systeme de Street exclusive)
06/19/2011 Linkin Park, Oberursel, Hessentagsarena (Projekt Revolution)

08/23/2011 Foo Fighters, Cologne, Lanxess Arena
Rock am Ring 2012
Rock im Pott 2013

+Quote Post
LINKINMARK
post Feb 8 2012, 08:44 AM
Post #48

Veteran Producer

Member No.: 3,408

I facepalm far too much on this thread so I think I'm just gonna leave it and never come back

+Quote Post
Rob_Wilson
post Feb 8 2012, 10:25 AM
Post #49

LPL Veteran

Member No.: 2,029

An article never was posted - Derek from LPA apparently found the source from which Thrash Hits had obtained their news and blew them to shit lol. By the sounds of it some radio station claimed they had a story when they hadn't or at least that's what I picked up from what Derek said, though I'll be honest Thrash Hits have always been a reliable source and tend to have reliable sources but I guess everyone can make mistakes :/ oh well Mike's confirmed the album should be out mid-year so we'll get something within the next month or two anyway smile.gif

--------------------
Seen LP Live:
25.01.08, Sheffield, England
29.06.08, Milton Keynes, England, PR:UK

01.08.09, Knebworth, England, Sonisphere Festival
19.02.10, London, England (Dead by Sunrise)

04.11.10, Manchester, England (Meet & Greet)
09.11.10, Birmingham, England

12.06.11, Donington, England, Download Festival
04.07.11, London, England, iTunes Festival

+Quote Post
Purgatorium
post Feb 8 2012, 01:43 PM
Post #50

LP Soldier

From: I'm just watching you, and I don't know what to do.
Member No.: 5,570

Linkin Park should still experiment with different genres. Not electronic, but like a different style of rock/metal.
They could even go melodeath for the new album. Imagine people's reactions!

--------------------
That awkward moment when you can't C-Flat.

+Quote Post
Serenity of Ashe...
post Feb 8 2012, 01:57 PM
Post #51

LPL Veteran

Member No.: 359

Wow, this thread started out well but it's plain to see that all the haters came out of the woodwork again.
Is it so hard for all of you to accept that none of you are part of Linkin Park? It's really that simple. If you're in the band, you have a say in what music you want to make. If you're not, then you don't have a say at all. Just try to enjoy the music they do make and stop fighting about it already.

--------------------
"Robot Boy" is an auditory orgasm.
QUOTE (StuckNMove @ Jan 3 2012, 08:46 PM) *
What band is still touring the world, played on alt rock radio stations regularly, still on a major label? ...Exactly.
QUOTE (rav0k @ Sep 5 2011, 03:39 PM) *
Shame on Linkin Park for not creating brand new songs for every single show that they play.
QUOTE (Dmitry @ Jun 2 2011, 11:50 AM) *
If I was a famous musician I'd troll radio stations all the time.

+Quote Post
Geki
post Feb 8 2012, 03:13 PM
Post #52

Street Soldier

Group: Contributors
Member No.: 135

MTM was actually more of a departure from their ''sound'' than ATS was to be honest. A good majority of ATS sounds like typical Linkin Park to me. More than half of MTM sounds different than anything LP has ever done, songs like Hands Held High, The Little Things Give You Away, In Pieces, Shadow Of The Day, In Between, they all sound very different than Linkin Park. LP had the most fun making MTM than any other record and it took the longest, which in the LP world, means the album will be better. If LP rushes something, like they did with ATS, the final product suffers because of it. There is a reason that Phoenix says ''MTM is Linkin Park at it's best'' at the end of the making of, or why Mike and Chester both have stated that it is their favorite album so far.

--------------------
Carnivores Tour 2014:
Mansfield, Holmdel, Wantagh
''I fucking hate nu-metal. I never liked any of the bands, even the ones I toured with.'' - Chester
Q: ''Is Nu-Metal dead?'' A: ''I hope so.'' - Chester

+Quote Post
Ducko
post Feb 8 2012, 03:36 PM
Post #53

Hooligan

Member No.: 3,374

ATS was not rushed. An album that takes two years to make is never rushed.
(It arrives precisely when it means to.)

--------------------

+Quote Post
linkinsteve
post Feb 8 2012, 04:33 PM
Post #54

Rick Rubin

Member No.: 5,306

Don't think everyone would agree with LP that MTM was "Linkin Park at it's best though". I would never define any of their albums like that because they each have their weaknesses. Certain songs fair enough. MTM I thought was weak in comparison to ATS which I felt was alot more creative. MTM felt like they were more inspired by other artists, not to say that's a bad thing but ATS is more like LPs own defined sound

This post has been edited by linkinsteve: Feb 8 2012, 04:34 PM

+Quote Post
jare0674
post Feb 8 2012, 05:30 PM
Post #55

LPL Veteran

Member No.: 2,715

QUOTE (Geki @ Feb 8 2012, 04:13 PM) *
Mike and Chester both have stated that it is their favorite album so far.

Source?

+Quote Post
SixOldShoes
post Feb 8 2012, 05:49 PM
Post #56

LPL Veteran

Member No.: 4,732

Wow, this thread started out well but it's plain to see that all the haters came out of the woodwork again.
Is it so hard for all of you to accept that none of you are part of Linkin Park? It's really that simple. If you're in the band, you have a say in what music you want to make. If you're not, then you don't have a say at all. Just try to enjoy the music they do make and stop fighting about it already.

I'm not a hater, I say what I think. And I think they have to go to more Rock again then for a Fan it is pretty hard to see your favorite Band doing a kind of metal or rock, but with later releases they going softer and softer.

Are we fighting against the Band ? No, we have accepted ATS but I can't accept that do nothing on stage for the fans for example to play the old shit that they have never played for years. Like I said it is not only their record change.

I like MTM, I think it is the best album that they have ever done. It is fresh, it is rock and is Linkin Park.
ATS has only 9 Tracks, the other six are whatever Intros outros ? Empty Spaces is the funniest ever. ATS is a Try to be conceptical, more not.

But I like all songs, I don't hate it, but I want the guitars back just simple.

MTM felt like they were more inspired by other artists, not to say that's a bad thing but ATS is more like LPs own defined sound

That's intressting, because ATS remind on a copy of Kid A from Radiohead. Robot Boy is definitely inspired from "Hey Joe" - Jimi Hendrix or the Video from Waiting on the End remind me on a Video from Radiohead too.

--------------------
Shows:

01/21/2008 Linkin Park,
Cologne, Lanxess Arena
06/28/2008 Linkin Park, Düsseldorf, LTU Arena (Projekt Revolution)
02/25/2010 Dead by Sunrise, Cologne, E-Werk
10/26/2010 Linkin Park, Dortmund, Westfalenhalle 1 + LPU M&G
10/27/2010 Linkin Park, Cologne, Lanxess Arena
03/22/2011 Madsen, Bochum, Zeche Bochum
06/10/2011 Julien-K, Cologne (Systeme de Street exclusive)
06/19/2011 Linkin Park, Oberursel, Hessentagsarena (Projekt Revolution)

08/23/2011 Foo Fighters, Cologne, Lanxess Arena
Rock am Ring 2012
Rock im Pott 2013

+Quote Post
Qwerty18
post Feb 9 2012, 05:03 AM
Post #57

Veteran Producer

Member No.: 2,756

QUOTE (Geki @ Feb 8 2012, 09:13 PM) *
MTM was actually more of a departure from their ''sound'' than ATS was to be honest. A good majority of ATS sounds like typical Linkin Park to me.

Lol! Good joke. ATS is obviously more of a departure than MTM. I don't even need to argument on that. I know MTM is your favorite record but still, you need to be objective.
or why Mike and Chester both have stated that it is their favorite album so far.

When did they say that? if it was before ATS, it doesn't make sense to report it. And I don't think MTM is Chester's favorite album so far. I remember him saying "ATS is the only record we've made I like all the songs from"

--------------------
DBS - 20.02.2010: Brussels ; 25.02.2010: Koln

+Quote Post
haimu
post Feb 9 2012, 06:35 AM
Post #58

Rick Rubin

Member No.: 5,311

QUOTE (adaminator1 @ Feb 7 2012, 06:05 PM) *

Sell out : "Anyone who sacrifices artistic integrity in an effort to become more successful or popular (generally in music); someone who forgets their roots."

Metal and Hip-Hop don't sell today. That's why they changed, everybody know that. So i don't think i am an idiot. Go to the street, ask people if they prefer songs like part of me, lying from you... or Shadow of the day, Iridescent ? I'm sure that 90 pct will choose the second answer. I don't say they didn't want to make other things but if "rock/metal" in general was the most popular music they would not have made MTM and ATS.

QUOTE ([b]Qwerty18[/b] @ Feb 7 2012, 06:05 PM) *

When did they say that? if it was before ATS, it doesn't make sense to report it. And I don't think MTM is Chester's favorite album so far. I remember him saying "ATS is the only record we've made I like all the songs from"

Yes. For people who didn't see this interview, i post the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qZ-pT19kxM...player_embedded

In Meteora era, he said that Meteora was better than HT. In MTM era, he said that MTM was their best album. And now in ATS era, he said that HT is better than Meteora and MTM but ATS is better than HT. It's just hilarious.

This post has been edited by haimu: Feb 9 2012, 07:03 AM

+Quote Post
Jani
post Feb 9 2012, 10:13 AM
Post #59

LPL Veteran

Member No.: 2,494

QUOTE (haimu @ Feb 9 2012, 01:35 PM) *
Sell out : "Anyone who sacrifices artistic integrity in an effort to become more successful or popular (generally in music); someone who forgets their roots."

Metal and Hip-Hop don't sell today. That's why they changed, everybody know that. So i don't think i am an idiot. Go to the street, ask people if they prefer songs like part of me, lying from you... or Shadow of the day, Iridescent ? I'm sure that 90 pct will choose the second answer. I don't say they didn't want to make other things but if "rock/metal" in general was the most popular music they would not have made MTM and ATS.

Yes. For people who didn't see this interview, i post the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qZ-pT19kxM...player_embedded

In Meteora era, he said that Meteora was better than HT. In MTM era, he said that MTM was their best album. And now in ATS era, he said that HT is better than Meteora and MTM but ATS is better than HT. It's just hilarious.

Did they sacrifice their artistic integrity? No. Actually they are constantly growing as an artist with every album and learning to become better song writers and musicians. Did they do it to be more popular? No. I think many of us have already read the rant by Mike after ATS where he explained that accusation. Did they forgot their roots? I don't think they have, you can still hear Linkin Park sound in their every album, and by thinking their first record as their only root is in a way bit stupid, because the band has said many times HT isn't the only sound the band can do.

You don't know why they changed their sound, so stop saying "everybody know that". And to your second point, you are pulling those percentages from your ass. Actually i think if you go asking people what's their favourite LP song, i easily could imagine most people answering In The End, One Step Closer, Faint, Given Up or other songs like that which are all at least a bit more rock.

All videos where he said those or didn't happen. I honestly don't think Chester has ever said HT is better than MTM and Meteora. And even if you could provide the links (which i doubt) of course your taste in music can change. I sometimes say From The Inside is better than Faint, then sometimes i think it's the other way around biggrin.gif

My english isn't the best but i hope you get my points.

This post has been edited by Jani: Feb 9 2012, 10:16 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chouonsoku
post Feb 9 2012, 12:43 PM
Post #60

Roadie

Member No.: 1,122

QUOTE (FaiNt @ Feb 5 2012, 07:00 PM) *
those albums weren't that good thats why

I can't vouch for Blink or Incubus, but the new Red Hot Chili Peppers album was great. You just can't listen to the terribly mastered CD, Rick Rubin trashed it. The vinyl sounds fantastic however, and if you were ever a RHCP fan to begin with you can't argue that Brendan's Death Song isn't one of the greatest tracks they've produced.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 10:51 AM

Copyright © 2006-2014 Linkin Park Live