50 replies to this topic

#1 Hahninator

Hahninator

A Place For My Head

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,404 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:08 PM

On September 16, 2006, a young and small LPLive crew launched our very first version of this website to the public. Named "linkinparkliveguide.com" (aka "The Linkin Park Live Guide"), [AndOne], SergSlim, shadowfax1007 and I put a website out there for LP fans that had never been done before. Combining as much live information on the band as possible such as setlists, tour dates, recording info on shows with current news on the band, LPLG was a small seed for what was to come.

Now, five years later with up to 80,000 global visitors a month (depending on what the band is doing - touring or not), over 5,500 forum members, and 3,500 likes on Facebook we have only one thing to say: thank you. Thank you to all of the staff members over the years that have poured their heart and soul into the site, the contributors to our website that helped us grow, to everyone that has spread the word about LPLive, to everyone that has joined the website and added their thoughts and opinions on the band. A special shoutout goes to our host Dmitry (aka sotrix) - without you, none of this would have been possible.

And this is only the beginning. As long as LP continues to make music and tour the world, LPLive will be here.

Posted Image

For our fifth birthday, we wanted to offer you a show for download that many of you probably don't have. At the end of 2001, Linkin Park played two shows for the KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas show in Los Angeles, CA. It was their second time playing the show (after they played it in 2000) and it's the only time they were able to play both days of the show. The second night of their 2001 performances at AAC was their last show of 2001. The show is known for it being the only time that LP has played songs acoustically live (other than 'The Messenger', of course). 'My December', 'Pushing Me Away', 'Crawling' (featuring a guest appearance from Aaron Lewis of Staind), and 'In The End' were performed acoustically that night.

Describing our offer to you, [AndOne] writes, "There are many so called pre-FM CD's of the show out there (meaning the actual disc they used for the FM radio broadcast), often going by the names "Westwood Absolutely Live In Concert" or "Westwood High Voltage". Over the past years the show has been broadcasted many times, usually in a different song order and with one or two songs missing (see further details on the show page). So I took the best sounding, most complete version and patched the missing stuff in, to make it longest available version of this show in this quality. There are still a few speeches missing and the intro to 'A Place For My Head', which was included on neither of these CD's. I actually completed this 6 months ago, now it's about time to put it out there."

Show page here.
Download: (.zip files; Right click -> Save as...)
.mp3 / FLAC

Enjoy, let us know your thoughts, and most importantly - Happy 5th Birthday LPLive! Thank you everyone!

if LPLive was one person, it would be the guy from Webster Hall that yelled APFMH between every song

#2 DogFan_LP

DogFan_LP

Soldier

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:11 PM

Happy Birthday LPL! Seriously, I love this site, LPL are truly the most hardcore Linkin Park site found around the net. More rare stuff will be found here during the years.
Linkin Park Street Soldier since day one. There's nothing more to say. 09.09.2001 - Stockholm, Solnahallen, Sweden 12.06.2003 - Hultsfred Festival 2003, Sweden 12.08.2006 - Summer Sonic, Japan 25.05.2007 - Stockholm, Ericsson Globe Arena, Sweden 14.06.2008 - Hultsfred Festival 08, Sweden 29.06.2008 - Milton Keynes, Projekt Revolution, UK 01.08.2009 - Sonisphere 09 UK with Dead By Sunrise 07.11.2010 - Puerta de Alcalá, MTV Music Awards Europe, Spain 12.06.2011 - Donington Park/Donington Castle - Download Festival 2011, UK 14.06.2011 - Stockholm, Sweden, Ericsson Globe Arena 04.07.2011 - Itunes Festival 2011, UK 09.09.2011 - nicofarre, Tokyo Japan, A Thousand Horizons 20.05.2012 - Las Vegas, NV - Billboard Awards 2012 26.05.2012 - Lisbon, Portugal - Rock In Rio 2012 19.06.2012 - PowerTheWorld/Music For Relief - Rio+ Social

#3 Legend

Legend

Certified Badass

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:14 PM

Damn. I've been here for five years with all you assholes? What an honor! Love you LPL and members! <3

I used to be an Administrator here, then I took an arrow in the knee.

#4 linkin_boss

linkin_boss

Darkness Traveler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:18 PM

I've been around here since LPlive 2.0 and I'm glad I've decided to keep coming here, you guys just rock... my longest stance in a forum has been here, definitively this place is the very best for hardcore Linkin Park fans... Happy Birthday LPLive.net!

#5 MacGyver

MacGyver

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:22 PM

Happy B-Day LPLive! The best site of LP in every way!!! Congratulations staff!!! Keep going
RESIDENT SKUMFUK
Can I ask a question? What makes you happy? I wonder what makes you happy does it make others happy, too?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted Image

#6 danielpsoad-09

danielpsoad-09

Veteran

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:27 PM

Happy Bday LPLive! Great fansite and community. Thanks for the show! I already had it, but the quality of this version is way better, of course :D

Shows attended:
09/10/2010 - LINKIN PARK @ Club Hípico in Santiago, Chile (Meet & Greet)
28/02/2011 - LINKIN PARK @ US Airways Arena in Phoenix, AZ, United States (Backstage Tour + Meet & Greet)
05/10/2012 - LINKIN PARK @ Estadio G.E.B.A. in Buenos Aires, Argentina
12/08/2014 - LINKIN PARK @ PNC Music Pavillion in Charlotte, NC, United States

01yz.jpg

#7 auburntiger

auburntiger

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:30 PM

Happy Birthday, lplive

you are an ugly,fat,motherfucking boy!!!!

never to rest UFMB!!!

I'll make sure to tell your mom hello for you when she leaves here.

#8 LPxDC

LPxDC

Lightning Bolt Action

• VIP
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:32 PM

woooooow ima copy/pasta what i said on Terrell's status

ay dios, wow i remember getting bored that fateful afternoon at my aunts house back in 07 and going thru the .txt files of the shows that had been in the DC/MD/VA area. Then 2 years later getting the mod position. Goood times with many more to come :)

And honestly, this site and meeting some of the people on here have been some of the most awesome times of my life.
Just a run down,
Dead By Sunrise -> meeting eng42ine & hanging out with him and LPPhan2005 (YOOO ITS POLAMALU!!!) and epic nachos
A Thousand Suns release show - > meeting up with LPPhan2005 & eng42ine then meeting all sorts of new LP fans (Cindy, Raquel, Kelly, Reagan & Dylan) 99 Bottles On The Wall ( http://youtu.be/brpkUlgxDK4 ) meeting the band afterwards
Madison Square Garden 2011 - need i say more?

Twitter giveaways on @lplive, the fall and rise of the site in the middle of the US Tour. So glad to be part of this community. To everyone, here's to another 5 years to the site.
-Rich

RichardThinks.Org

Interviews, Album & Concert Reviews!

08/19/07|07/27/08|10/23/09|09/14/2010|02/04/2011|08/11/12|08/15/12|08/17/12|09/08/12|

#9 Hahninator

Hahninator

A Place For My Head

• Staff
  • 5,404 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:50 PM

I think the highlight for me of this website is all of the badass people I've met at shows and friendships I've made. I had no idea we started something that'd get semi-big when we created it so it's still shocking to me. The Europe trip I took was amazing - I'd love to get back there asap. #1 most shocking moment to me was at the Tampa 2008 show. I was front row after the pit, which is sort of below the seats (interesting setup). It was after the first encore of CFTI, WID and Faint and the lights were down. A guy and his companion appeared next to me and we struck up a convo as the band was preparing for their second encore. I said something like "badass show", he agreed...I said "Bleed It Out is next, it's gonna be great" and he said "oh I already know, I saw the setlist online". I was like ....? and he said "yeah there's a Linkin Park site with all of the setlists on it". I was like "woah" and he replied "It's called LPLive". I said I fucking created that thing! Soon enough he's like "You're MARK?" - turns out it was Sanjay who TEXTED me the setlist of one of the Virginia shows the week before. TOTALLY random meeting. And then we jammed out to Bleed It Out together. I'll never forget that. The same thing happened to another extent, [AndOne] and I were on the train to Grafenhainichen in 2009 and I saw a guy in an LP shirt. I didn't speak German but I eventually got us all to get in a conversation (or [AndOne] did) - it was Stefano. We introduced ourselves to him and talked a bit. He had heard of LPLive through a friend and was familiar. We stayed together and rocked out at the show, just us two in the pit. And soon enough he's a mod here. Thanks for this show too, I don't have this...lots of energy from the band.

if LPLive was one person, it would be the guy from Webster Hall that yelled APFMH between every song

#10 Ginger

Ginger

LPL Orangutan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 12:39 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEEAARRRR LINKIN PARK LIVE. HHHAAPPPYYY BIRRTTHHDAAAYYYY... TOOOO.... YOOOOOUUUUUU

Posted Image
Buying Rare/Pre-Linkin Park items

#11 lpshinoda131313

lpshinoda131313

Casual

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 12:39 AM

I first found this site right before the release of minutes to midnight, which now thinking about it was over 4 years ago, it took me awhile to join the message boards cuz i was fine chilling on the outside of this great community but im glad i joined this place because everybody is pretty tight-knit here even with how big this has become thanks for everything you have done here mark & crew

Edited by lpshinoda131313, 16 September 2011 - 12:47 AM.

#12 Mofamike

Mofamike

Casual

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 12:47 AM

Happy Birthday LPL...thank your for this badass site and the epic infomation about Linkin Park. Keep going. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!
Posted Image

#13 philporter

philporter

Casual

• Contributors
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 01:07 AM

Happy Birthday LPLive. By far the best LP site on the planet. Keep up the good work for the next 5 years and more
Shows Attended 2008 - 28/01 - (02 Arena, London) - 29/06 - (Milton Keynes, England) 2009 - 01/08 - (Sonisphere, Knebworth, England) 2010 - 10/11 - (02 Arena, London) - 11/11 - (02 Arena, London) 2011 - 12/06 - (Download Festival, Donnington, England) - 04/07 (Itunes Festival)

#14 MrDuck

MrDuck

Hooligan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 01:40 AM

Happy birthday LPLive! And congratulations to the organisers for five years of excellent work! Here's to the future!

My Mind's Wide Open Like Starry Skies

Gigs I've Been To / Am Going To (If You Care)

I write album reviews for RichardThinks.org.

#15 LPfan1989

LPfan1989

Casual

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 02:14 AM

Happy Birthday LPLive, great Fansite with a great Community ;-). Thanks for your great work !!!
Posted Image

#16 mariotormo

mariotormo

Casual

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 02:23 AM

You are amazing, serously, without you, I might not be such a fan as I am. I still read this page every day, since day one. ˇHappy birthday!

Madrid 03 || Lisboa 04 || Lisboa 07 || Lisboa 08 || Lisboa 12 || Lisboa 14

#17 StaticXero

StaticXero

Carousel

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 02:35 AM

Happy B-Day!!!!! and thanks Jonas for the show :) A big THANK YOU to the whole LPLive-Staff (especially Mark). This site is fucking amazing with this live guide, rarities and the news. Thanks, thanks, thanks :) I have known this site when it was still called 'hahninator.sotrix.net' five years ago. It's amazing to see how this site evolved in the last years. It's the best fansite since years for me and of course for many other LP-fans ;) Congrats for this successful project :)

#18 SergSlim

SergSlim

Mass Changes Dude

• Staff
  • 2,756 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:06 AM

5 years already? OMG. How much has changed in the site during this time.... I'm very glad I've been a part of it since almost the very start. Thanks to all the fellow staff members ;) and Happy Birthday to us!

#19 Sidney

Sidney

Casual

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:12 AM

happy birthday LPL! and thanks for the download of course :D
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!!!

#20 Pez

Pez

The kid that played Faint in NEWCASTLE and SYDNEY!!!

• Contributors
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:44 AM

I remember this site when it was just Black writing on a blank page. Boy have you guys come a long way. Congrats to one of the only LP fan sites I visit these days. Its been a good 5 years, I expect 5 billion more! :)

Pez's LP Shows!
2007: 20/10 - Sydney
2010: 04/12 - Newcastle (MFR, M&G & GTR on Faint), 11/12 - Sydney 1, 15/12 - Sydney 2 (LPU Summit & GTR on Faint)
2013: 23/02 - Brisbane, 24/02 - Sydney 1, 26/02 (M&G) - Sydney 2, 27/02 - Melbourne 1, 01/03 - Melbourne 2, 02/03 Adelaide, 04/03 - Perth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users