• Please log in to reply
2093 replies to this topic

#1701 jFar920

jFar920

Soldier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 03:26 AM

Hmm, strange. What about FLAC rips from the CD? Aren't they the same quality as FLAC on bandcamp?

I asked someone that has a confirmed real We Major CD and it's an MP3 CD, all being 320kbps. I'm not sure if all We Major CDs are like that, though, they said it wasn't a normal CD. I figured it might be the most common, since LPLive's download is only 320kbps and most of the downloads here are flac

#1702 Skipees

Skipees

The Lord Of The Lists

• Staff
    • Linkinpedia Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,077 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 03:44 PM

An early 2003 LPU chat with Brad: "according to Brad, "just drag it out, remember" is from a song called "A6" which will be on the LPU 2.0 cd." Looks like it was from A.06 with lyrics.

according to Brad, "just drag it out, remember" is from a song called "A6" which will be on the LPU 2.0 cd. go join! maybe it's just a rumour someone started, i wans't in the chat.

Source.

Does anyone actually saw the transcript for this chat?

7owZTdI.pngbannerleft.pngk6Fgz7a.png

Made for the fans, by the fans

#1703 LESTAT

LESTAT

Caffeine

• Editor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 03:52 PM

I remember Brad saying it in more recent years.

Pour shame all over us
Harden into a crust

#1704 Astat

Astat

Rebel

• VIP
  • 4,470 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 08:37 PM

I remember Brad saying it in more recent years.

Nah, we just finally managed to dig up the chat transcript within the past couple years. Probably found it on LPTimes or someplace that's not accessible anymore.

Mike Shinoda ‏@mikeshinoda

@lplive Contrary to popular belief, none of us actually know what we're talking about. FYI

#1705 martinez

martinez

Icon

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 05:48 AM

Skipees I can't quote your whole post.

Anyway:

An early 2003 LPU chat with Brad: "according to Brad, "just drag it out, remember" is from a song called "A6" which will be on the LPU 2.0 cd." Looks like it was from A.06 with lyrics.

according to Brad, "just drag it out, remember" is from a song called "A6" which will be on the LPU 2.0 cd. go join! maybe it's just a rumour someone started, i wans't in the chat.

Source.

Does anyone actually saw the transcript for this chat?

Release Date of the LPU 2.0 is:

2002.11.18 LP Underground 2.0

Is it only I do not understand something here?

#1706 Skipees

Skipees

The Lord Of The Lists

• Staff
    • Linkinpedia Team
  • 6,077 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 08:39 AM

Fixed. Took me another second as well on first time I read it, but I guess Mark from LPA qouting what Brad said before the LPU 2 release.

His statement feels inaccurate + A.06 lyrics (at least the chorus) sounds like it should be more Qwerty-ish than "Just drag it out, remember", but it's still possible. This is why I want to track down the entire transcript.

Edit:

Chester said himself that it was from the incompleted A.06 which never made it to be more than an instrumental.

Source

Edit: LPTV premiered on 04 February 2003 (the "drag it out" scene is from the first episode).

#1707 martinez

martinez

Icon

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 09:00 AM

Isn't the Reanimation DVD was first released for the LPU members on November or December 2002 and the CD was released later in March/April 2003? I was heard that LPU members got Reanimation DVD as a present in 2002.

Edit:

Yes the CD was Released in 2003, there is a confirmation on the back cover - C 2003.

Edited by martinez, 25 December 2015 - 11:10 AM.

#1708 Astat

Astat

Rebel

• VIP
  • 4,470 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 09:33 PM

Skipees I can't quote your whole post.

Anyway:

Release Date of the LPU 2.0 is:

2002.11.18 LP Underground 2.0

Is it only I do not understand something here?

The first few years of LPU, it routinely took a couple months for people to actually receive their CDs, and in the case of the 2.0 and 4.0 CDs (possibly 5.0 as well, I forget), the tracklist was kept a secret until people started receiving them in the mail. LPU 2.0 in particular had a manufacturing delay and people didn't get their CDs until March or April of 2003.

"Release dates" for any LPU CD from 5.0 and earlier really don't have anything to do with when that year's LPU launched, because it was always a substantial amount of time until people started getting their CDs.

@lplive Contrary to popular belief, none of us actually know what we're talking about. FYI

#1709 lpliveusername

lpliveusername

Rebel

• Editor
    • Linkinpedia Team
  • 3,115 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 05:45 AM

I remember someone once posted that the instrumental of that "thoughts that take away my pride" song was used in a LPTV or LPUTV video. Anybody knows which one?

#1710 Skipees

Skipees

The Lord Of The Lists

• Staff
    • Linkinpedia Team
  • 6,077 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 07:23 AM

I remember someone once posted that the instrumental of that "thoughts that take away my pride" song was used in a LPTV or LPUTV video. Anybody knows which one?

Here.

#1711 lpliveusername

lpliveusername

Rebel

• Editor
    • Linkinpedia Team
  • 3,115 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 07:52 PM

Is "Plaster" from the 6-track demo exactly the same as the version in the "Studio Finals" CD?

What about "Now I See" from the Ozzfest sampler vs. the one from the "Studio Finals" CD?

#1712 Astat

Astat

Rebel

• VIP
  • 4,470 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 03:51 PM

Is "Plaster" from the 6-track demo exactly the same as the version in the "Studio Finals" CD?

What about "Now I See" from the Ozzfest sampler vs. the one from the "Studio Finals" CD?

At least comparing the recordings I have, the Ozzfest sampler version of Now I See is compressed as hell compared to the Studio Finals version, but they're identical recordings (Ozzfest version basically being a "mastered" version of the Studio Finals version, in other words).

Plaster, no. The Studio Finals version is identical to the version on ECW Anarchy Rocks, but the 6-track version doesn't quite match that version, the album version, OR the David Kahne demo version. The "Just like before" pre-chorus is a different vocal take than on any of the other versions, and there's a hi-hat loop in the intro that really stands out as being unique to that version too. No scratching in the bridge on the 6-track version either (which it has in common with the "Rock Mix," but Rock Mix is identical to the album version other than the lack of scratching).

Edited by Astat, 08 January 2016 - 03:53 PM.

#1713 SergSlim

SergSlim

Mass Changes Dude

• Staff
    • #*$!(% @)/{& Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,795 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 09:32 AM

Little Boxes.

Is it a Linkin Park song, or Chester's?

I've seen many sources indicating that it is Linkin Park's, but also a few indicating Chester Bennington of Linkin Park.

Is there any official info about band's input in this song other than vocal part?

#1714 Hahninator

Hahninator

Rebel

• Staff
  • 11,246 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 09:41 AM

It was recorded in the Minutes To Midnight album sessions in 2007. The episode debuted in November 2007.  http://www.lpassocia...?t=26503&page=5It was LP, not just Chester. And it's interesting to note they didn't do a full version of it.

'What I've Done' is probably from 4 different shows and they just forced in the foreign language thing to fuck with us

#1715 Astat

Astat

Rebel

• VIP
  • 4,470 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 11:45 AM

Little Boxes was billed as being by Linkin Park in the show credits and on the Showtime/Weeds website where you could stream all the different versions of the song. I'm sure it was just Chester and Mike, but there are probably other LP songs where that's the case too lol.

#1716 SergSlim

SergSlim

Mass Changes Dude

• Staff
    • #*$!(% @)/{& Team
  • 2,795 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 09:32 AM

Thanks, guys.

#1717 Figure-0562

Figure-0562

David Skylark

• 1,507 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 07:47 PM

Does anyone know what the video is officially called where Mike breaks a table in a hotel and hides it under a bed?

The footage is an Easter Egg from Frat Party at the Pankake festival DVD, and has live clips and bunch of random band moments.

I only know if it as "Backstage footage" on the wiki page for Crawling, but is that the official title?

Carnivores Tour 2014: Toronto, August 24, 2014 My Youtube: https://www.youtube....BLw_uR-ytdN7siA <p>and a Bottle of Rum! :)

IrresistibleCookie: Figure-0562 it out. Stop giving yourself a Papercut, and get a Soul. Have an IrresistibleCookie and become Lorde-Wobbuffet. You're just ATylerInTheSand, and I'm the CASTIELOFSASS. EXPERIENCE the memories and grab yourself a cup of Joe_lp

#1718 JZE

JZE

Chester is part of my soul.

• 4,039 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 11:07 PM

Does anyone know what the video is officially called where Mike breaks a table in a hotel and hides it under a bed?

The footage is an Easter Egg from Frat Party at the Pankake festival DVD, and has live clips and bunch of random band moments.

I only know if it as "Backstage footage" on the wiki page for Crawling, but is that the official title?

BROKEN TABLE IN LONDON.

feqma7S.png

LINKIN PARK #1 FAN FROM MEXICO SINCE 2001

#1719 Figure-0562

Figure-0562

David Skylark

• 1,507 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 07:53 AM

BROKEN TABLE IN LONDON.

Thanks

Carnivores Tour 2014: Toronto, August 24, 2014 My Youtube: https://www.youtube....BLw_uR-ytdN7siA <p>and a Bottle of Rum! :)

IrresistibleCookie: Figure-0562 it out. Stop giving yourself a Papercut, and get a Soul. Have an IrresistibleCookie and become Lorde-Wobbuffet. You're just ATylerInTheSand, and I'm the CASTIELOFSASS. EXPERIENCE the memories and grab yourself a cup of Joe_lp

#1720 lpliveusername

lpliveusername

Rebel

• Editor
    • Linkinpedia Team
  • 3,115 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 08:30 PM

When did the band start selling digital downloads of all LPU albums and what was the first LPU album to be sold in digital format?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users