28.06.2011 - Ardenal, Norway - Hove Festival

Linkin Park continues their summer European Tour in Ardenal, Norway at Tromøya, an island outside of the city, for the Hove Festival on the 28th. This is LP's first ever appearance in Norway. In June 2003, they were on the bill for the Norwegian Wood Festival in Oslo, Norway but the band was forced to cancel that entire tour due to Chester being injured. When they returned to Europe that year in the fall they unfortunately didn't make that show up and the 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2010 European tours didn't touch down in Norway, so this is the first time the band will perform in the country. The Hove Festival was started in 2007 and had over 72,000 attendees, making it the biggest festival in the country.

On the 26th in Imola, Italy, LP performed a setlist called "B_NO_ENCORE", which is a shortened version of their B16 setlist that debuted in Stockholm (show page here) earlier in the tour. The Imola set cut out 'Burning In The Skies', 'Fallout', and 'Shadow Of The Day'. This falls in line with what LP was doing for the first few festivals of this tour in Europe (like in Nickelsdorf - show page here) by playing their setlist "C_NO ENCORE_FESTIVAL" - a shortened setlist for just festivals with no encore break.

Here's a pretty good video of 'The Requiem' and 'Faint' opening the show in Imola:

Since LP has only festivals left on this tour, will they omit the encore break at the rest of the European shows? They have performed shortened setlists of two of their sets they've been playing in Europe, but not their C7 set (Stockholm's show page here with that) yet. Will 'Blackout', which is in that setlist, make it into consideration for the shortened form of C7? Or will LP only stick with the two festival sets they've already played? Do you think it's odd seeing 'In The End' and 'Bleed It Out' so high up in the set with no encore break and 'Papercut' so low, or do you welcome the small change? Would you like to see LP swap positions of any other songs in the set like they did with 'Numb' in the #3 spot in 2006 (Osaka show page here)?

Who is going to see the Hove Festival? Has anyone gotten a M&G for the show? The festival program indicates that 30 Seconds To Mars, All Time Low, Jimmy Eat World and Blood Command will be opening for Linkin Park on the "Hovescenen" - the main stage.

On the 30th, Linkin Park plays Rock Werchter in Belgium, one of the largest music festivals in Europe. Three shows in July in Arras, France, St. Gallen, Switzerland and London, England wrap up their seventeen show Summer Tour. For all of the 2011 tour and show information, click here.

DSP's for Irvine, Nickelsdorf, Donington, Stockholm and Helsinki are now up here. Where's Mountain View?! For more information on the summer DSP's, click here.

SETLIST:

01. The Requiem

02. Papercut

03. Lying From You

04. Given Up

05. What I've Done

06. Empty Spaces

07. When They Come For Me

08. No More Sorrow

09. Jornada Del Muerto

10. Waiting For The End

11. Wisdom, Justice And Love

12. Iridescent

13. Numb

14. The Radiance (Live Version)

15. Breaking The Habit

16. The Catalyst

17. Crawling

18. New Divide

19. In The End

20. Bleed It Out

21. Faint

22. One Step Closer

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow first show in Norway ever.. have fun!

I cant wait for Werchter.. but the biggest europe festival? What about Sziget and Glastonbury?

Oh sorry! Thanks for the catch :) I meant to say one of the largest European festivalS :P I think top 5?

Yeah top 5 is right i guess. 80.000 people more or less so something like rock am ring..bigger than pinkpop.

third time im going to see them! First pinkpop 07 and dusseldorf 08..cant wait!

Edited by frank

Might be the first show in a long ass time where we are clueless on the setlist. Ouch!! These small European countries...argh lol

We always end up getting them eventually so we should get this one eventually

This is a rough setlist... I wasn't there just to see Linkin Park and I had to move due to a very annoying and wild crowd in the front. Maybe you guys can recognize this and fill out the rest.

70% sure about this order, but don't take my word for it :)

Papercut

Lying From You

Wretches and Kings

What I've Done

No More Sorrow

New Divide

Waiting For the End (a clear highlight!)

In the End

Faint

Bleed it Out (first verse of a Place for My Head and the ''Go away'' part after that)

One Step Closer

unsure about order... I have no idea when these songs came

- Iridiscent

- The Catalyst

- Breaking the Habit