14.06.2011 - Stockholm, Sweden

The third show of the LP summer tour lands in Stockholm, Sweden on the 14th. Linkin Park will be playing Ericsson Globe Arena (check out a picture here, because it's badass) for the second time ever, the first coming as the second show of the Minutes To Midnight European Tour (show page here). This is the first of only two headlining arena shows on this tour of Europe, which is composed of mostly festivals (Projekt Revolution included). The other comes in Hamburg, Germany where the 4th LPU Summit will take place later in the tour.

The first LP performance in Sweden came at that show in 2007, but what's interesting is that the band had a show scheduled for Stockholm in September of 2001 (view a show poster here) but for an unknown reason, it was canceled. We can only speculate that the US Reading Festival show the day before in Camden, NJ that was also canceled prohibited the band from getting all of its gear to Stockholm in time for the tour. A show in Hultsfred, Sweden in 2003 at the Hultsfred Festival was canceled along with that entire tour because of Chester's back injury. So the band played the Stockholm show in 2007 but in 2008, they attempted to return to Hultsfred again but it was also canceled, this time due to Brad having an ear infection! The band's stage was already set up by the time the show was canceled too!

So LP's luck in Sweden is not that great considering out of four scheduled shows there, three have been canceled. Let's hope this fifth show goes on without a hitch!

The video for this post is a funny one - at the 2007 show before 'No More Sorrow' as Chester was talking about not playing in Sweden before, someone tossed a bra at Mike and it landed in his face! Wow!

At the last two shows in Europe - NovaRock (show page here) and Download (show page here), they have stuck with the same setlist. The question on everyone's minds is "Will they change anything on this tour?" We see a lot of you in the comments of the other shows say that you wish they'd change this or you think they'll change that. I think this show is the make it or break it time for anything to change. Previously, LP has played the same set twice in a row in Europe before changing it up...so this would be the third European show. The set they have now is really really good, but the surprising thing to me is that 'Burning In The Skies' is nowhere to be found when it was just released as a single in Europe in March, and on top of that it hasn't ever been played live in Europe! What do you think they'll do for Stockholm?

Middle Class Rut, a two-piece American band, will be opening this show.

Who from LPLive is attending this show? Does anyone have a M&G before the show? Is anyone planning on Tweeting or posting the set live?

The tour continues on the 16th in Helsinki, Finland at the first Projekt Revolution show of the tour and first one in Finland. For the full 2011 tour schedule, click here.

SETLIST:

01. The Requiem

02. Faint

03. Lying From You

04. Given Up

05. What I've Done

06. No More Sorrow

07. From The Inside

08. Jornada Del Muerte

09. Waiting For The End

10. Burning In The Skies

11. Numb

12. The Radiance (Live Version)

13. Iridescent

14. Fallout

15. The Catalyst

16. Shadow Of The Day

17. In The End

18. Bleed It Out ('A Place For My Head' bridge + drum solo)

---------------------

19. Empty Spaces

20. When They Come For Me

21. Papercut

22. New Divide

23. Crawling

24. One Step Closer

- The band had a Swedish flag on stage that read 'Sweden Welcomes Linkin Park'.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to the show, and if I have the ability to I will tweet the setlist.

My Twitter.

Awesome :) Enjoy the show. Did you see them in Stockholm in 2007?

Personally I think they'll change something for this show... I really believe they'll incorporate Burning In The Skies somewhere in this tour. A whole different set with Blackout, BITS and Wretches would be badass. I'm surprised also that they had Fallout on the setlist for KROQ but they totally dropped it from the past three shows.

Awesome :) Enjoy the show. Did you see them in Stockholm in 2007?

Personally I think they'll change something for this show... I really believe they'll incorporate Burning In The Skies somewhere in this tour. A whole different set with Blackout, BITS and Wretches would be badass. I'm surprised also that they had Fallout on the setlist for KROQ but they totally dropped it from the past three shows.

I did see them in 2007 and the only thing I can remember from the show that is "special" is that Phoenix did that same bass throw that he did in Japan in 06 and almost killed Mike, but in this case his technician didn't catch the bass so it went straight into the floor.

I forgot the detail of the show in Sweden is not part of a festival!

So it is therefore possible that the setlist is different from the last three shows. Maybe choose a setlist from the last winter tour of the United States because Sweden has not received a show of world tour of the ATS yet.

Edited by Victor Del Porto

Ericsson Globe 14 June, 19:30 according the venues website.

thank you ...

are u going?

no

Why is it so important?

Well, any concert LP is important for me.

Besides, I look forward to the rotation of songs or the setlist.

Time, to know at what time tomorrow to me will need to be on the LPL site.

- and not every day / year Linkin Park performing in Sweden. ;)

Edited by Sucre06

Heck YES! I'm going to be there, as alot of people already know I guess.

I have been spamming around the boards about this day for years now, if anyone can remember it, haha!

Well anyway, I just came home from Download Festival 2011, Donington England. I saw LP there and I'm going to see them here in Stockholm, Sweden too!

After all these cancelled shows, we're finally going to see them! I hope they change the setlist since their performance from Download. :)

Well anyway, I'm going to sleep now and line-up for the show early this upcoming morning.

The funny thing is that, I was supposed to go to their show in 2001. I was like 11 years old back then and we never got any information about why the show was cancelled, creepy.

Thank God for the 2004 show, I where going to buy a ticket for this show to, but unfortunately it got cancelled too, long before the show.

The 2007 show! Ah, days man, DAYS! Their first show in Sweden, EVER! ..Without messing stuff out. As alot of you guys already know, the swedish Linkin Park fans have been suffered alot from cancellations, but this show changed everything. LP blew the Stockholm, Globen Arena away.

It sucks that we never got any DSP for this show though. But this show will deeply be somewhere in my heart, not even a DSP can describe it ;)

Hultsfred 2008.

Ah, I where so excited back then, and I had so much energy.

Damn, I lined up for four days in rain and just a few hours before the LP gig, the show went cancelled, sick, I never thought about something like that were going to happen! And it's sick how the band were forced to cancel a show twice at the Hultsfred Festival.

Anyway, hope to see them in a Swedish festival one day, atleast Hultsfred tried to do their best.

Psst....The festival got a sick line-up beside!

A Thousand Suns World Tour 2011, Stockholm, Sweden:

Damn! This is the day I've been waiting for since the day Linkin Park cancelled their show at Hultsfred 08 back in the days.

The tickets for the standing sections have been sold out since long ago, and it's actually the first time LP gets a almost soldout show in Sweden, so thumbs up for that, YAY!

I saw them at Download Festival 2011, Donington Park England yesterday, and I'm going to see them here in Stockholm within a few hours.

This is going to be great! I just can't wait for this show, I'm totally out of words right now!

Linkin Park are finally coming back to Sweden after all these years!

We swedish fans have been suffering alot through cancelled shows, but damn yes, this show won't be cancelled and it's going to be sick!

One more nice thing is that, this show is going to get a DSP, I LOVE IT! Since the last show never got one. ^^

See you at the LP shows guys.

I'm going to do live tweet updates through Twitter too, about the show! So you guys can find me at: http://www.twitter.com/8bitrebellion

I guess we can speculate all we can on the set list based on previous patterns or whatever, but who knows LP could surprise us anytime with new songs or a completely different set list.

I'm Going! :D just hoping they won't cancel again! I was there 2007 and it was legendary!

The previous setlist rock but I would really like to see Blackout, The Messenger and offcourse A Place For My Head or Points of Authority, Which most likely will not happen. Oh well, at least APFMH will be mashed up with Bleed it out, probably.

POA better to play then LFY this tour =)

Lying from you is the royal song. :lol:

I really like the song Points of authority. But Lying from you is much better will be than Points of authority.

and I would not want to removed from the setlist song Lying from you.

Lying from you is the royal song. :lol:

I really like the song Points of authority. But Lying from you is much better will be than Points of authority.

and I would not want to removed from the setlist song Lying from you.

Yeah I agree;

Lying From You it's one of my favorite heavy LP song and it'0s great live so why removed it.

I like also POA and I just want to see back and also I could think that LP can play longer.

if the band really changes anything up i can see them add an encore with APFMH/OSC only and faint as closer before the encore :) otherwise there could be BITS, maybe Blackout and POA added as well.

I'm maybe pessimistic but I'm think that my No1 Favorite Song Ever - aka A PLACE FOR MY HEAD - will be never fully played live again unless will be mashed up with bleed it ot on this tour.

If Lp do an encore - I hope they will - maybe it did Bleed It Out, One Step Closer and 1 or 2 more songs.