List of all official Remixes

linkin_boss

I compared FLAC from LPA and mp3 from LPU.

It's identical except the last track, which has a lot of differences.

OK, I've added VISCERA (Linkin Park Underground Edition)

Except Theories track, which I can't figure out if it's a remix or not.

I have changed the style of the whole list by adding original song titles and sorting remixes by them.

Added Issho Ni remixes, that Mike picked himself and posted in his blog.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for Viscera, it is an official Linkin Park remix album. The band obtained all the rights before releasing it through LPU.

Why would they have to "obtain the rights" to an album of remixes of music they already own the rights to? Fan remixes are automatically the intellectual property of the original artist. Maybe there was a formality involving the rights to the artwork or something, but from a legal standpoint they didn't have to do shit about the music, particularly when all they did with it was half-assedly email it out to LPU members like some kind of afterthought.

Why would they have to "obtain the rights" to an album of remixes of music they already own the rights to? Fan remixes are automatically the intellectual property of the original artist. Maybe there was a formality involving the rights to the artwork or something, but from a legal standpoint they didn't have to do shit about the music, particularly when all they did with it was half-assedly email it out to LPU members like some kind of afterthought.

Regardless of what you're stating, there were legal matters that had to be dealt with for them to take ownership. They definitely asked us for our permission via contract form to distribute the album. The emails and paperwork Lorenzo sent out stated that in order for them to distribute the album, we all needed to sign the added contract, granting them permission to do what they'd like with it, but also stating we'd receive no royalties for Viscera, as well as additional notes on assigning all ownership rights over to them. Obviously some level of work belonged to them, musically speaking, but a large chunk of the remixes were made from scratch. That, alongside said artwork, title, etc are the reasons why the band would not be able to freely distribute the songs as they pleased, no matter how they chose to give it out to the LPU.

Fan remixes are automatically the intellectual property of the original artist.

I'm no expert but I really don't think it's true. As Broman said, contrary to what some people think, remixing is also about writing new music from scratch. Some remixes are basically brand new instrumental songs mixed with somebody else's vocals.So technically none of the sides owns all the rights until they make a deal.

I'm no expert but I really don't think it's true. As Broman said, contrary to what some people think, remixing is also about writing new music from scratch. Some remixes are basically brand new instrumental songs mixed with somebody else's vocals.So technically none of the sides owns all the rights until they make a deal.

Totally Agree with this.

• 3 months later...

http://thebanginbeats.com/2016/02/23/preview-linkin-park-castle-of-glass-arctic-moon-remix/

I think this is an official remix.

"Polish uplifting trance producer and DJ Tomasz Popielarski aka Arctic Moon is adored by the Trance family for his hard hitting trance productions and immersive sets. Be it his originals, remixes or mashups, Arctic Moon has never failed to deliver an astounding trance track, time after time.

The Pole has now taken Linkin Park‘s 2012 hit single ‘Castle of Glass‘, from their album Living Things, and given it a complete uplifting trance makeover. Retaining the original melody of the track, Arctic Moon introduces a hard, thumping bassline and an infectious synth line, interspersed with Mike Shinoda and Chester Bennington‘s evocative vocals.
Linkin Park are no strangers to dance music, having previously collaborated with Steve Aoki for ‘A Light That Never Comes‘ and ‘Darker Than Blood‘, while having also received remixes from the likes of Paul van Dyk, Tom Swoon, Datsik, KillSonik and many more. While there aren’t any details regarding the release of the remix yet, stream it here below!"

Posted 8 days ago

I think this is an official remix

I've heard about it a couple days ago,also was released another one remix by song "A Light That Never Comes", which was created by "The Maniac Agenda" (you can listen it for free here: http://www.maniacmusic.net/music) They are released full " The Maniac Agenda's Remix Album"

I dunno, can we consider these two remixes are official ?! :unsure:

Edited by Sucre06

• 8 months later...

There are more remixes done for "Waiting For The End" Just like the Lynnwood & Dresden one that just haven't been released either:

Mig & Rizzo Radio Edit

Klubjumpers & The PopStar Mix

Justin Michael & Kemal Remix

There's also an RAC Mix of "Blackout"

There's a Jason Nevins remix of "Shadow Of The Day" but I don't know if that's official at all.

Edited by minineko