KROQ Breakfast With Linkin Park

KROQ has just announced a contest to have breakfast with the band.

Posted Image

"To help us celebrate the September 14th CD release of A Thousand Suns, join us at Kevin & Bean's Breakfast with Linkin Park!

We’re getting together to spend some time with the band at a very intimate venue. They'll be answering your questions and performing live. It's not possible to get any closer to the band without actually joining them on stage. This is a Linkin Park fan's dream come true.

You've got two ways to get in. Listen to The Kevin & Bean Show all week. They'll tell you when to call. When they do, dial 800-520-1067. An alternate way to get in is via the KROQ Street Team. If you’re not a member, now is the time to sign up!"

Enter the contest here. Article link can be found here.

Good luck to those who enter! Apparently the New York City show will NOT be the band's only live performance of 2010, as the LPUnderground.com email that was sent out reads. "Want to attend Linkin Park's only 2010 US show? Linkin Park will play live in New York at the Best Buy Theater on September 14th to celebrate the release of A Thousand Suns." It seems they are doing MORE than one show.

Are we sure this isn't the NYC show?

Considering they did a Kevin & Bean Breakfast Show in 2007 as part of the Projekt Revolution rehearsals, I'd say this is in LA. It was at the Forum but I bet this one is at a smaller location. Probably 5-6 songs.

I am having a little luck getting in contact with "Lightning" from KROQ about any other details. I'm just looking for a date of when this will take place. The contest ends 9/3 and I'd imagine the gear needs 3-4 days to get from LA to NY.

I'm going to the listening event tonight then flying to Cincinatti tomorrow coming back Monday then Laser show Tuesday! Got my fingers crossed to pull a trifecta and go to all three but I don't know if I should get my hopes up if the show will be in LA while I'm gone.

LP has a trillion different touring rigs; very easy for them to play LA one day and NYC the next.

Good news. I wasn't sure how official this was going to be so I didn't know if they were going for a decent set-up to practice for the tour. Ala, Joes description of an eyegasm on stage. Got my fingers crossed it'll be after 9/7 when I get back.

maybe 1-2 songs from ATS, 1 from the other 3 albums and New Divide.

I'm only thinking they'll play 2-3 ATS songs in NY. Based off of what they pulled out for M2M at Webster (NMS, GU, WID) the new songs are more complicated and with all the press they'll probably tinker more on the road to add more as the shows go on.

DAMNIT KROQ just played the Q for the what Mike is now calling "Brunch" with K&B/ caller 20 wins blah blah balh. I spammed the KROQ number and heard "KROQ caller 19!" Son of a...

Hopefully I can get through for steet team since my employer just recently blocked CBS radio from their online server!!!!!!

I hate shows that we have no chance of getting a recording from.

edit: actually, I was thinking just in terms of audience recordings. maybe a webcast or something?

Yeah for real, I hate that too. Why doesn't LP sell DSPs? Their excuse last touring cycle was that they didn't record London, Berlin, Bamboozle and Rock am Ring. Well hell now it's the BEGINNING of the next touring cycle, RECORD EVERYTHING!!

No reason not to record NYC and this KROQ Breakfast and sell them on downloads.linkinpark.com. Only 5 songs? Reduced price. Still take pics of the setlist / show and put them in the DSP. LP should do it....Metallica does! ;)

In good news, I think this will be webcasted like the last one. We've got 2 recordings of the last Kevin And Bean Breakfast performance (2007)...webcast and FM.

KROQ's a pretty reliable source so I'm gonna have to believe it, but that makes me feel less special bout the NY show =(

Why, because a couple dozen people tops are going to get to see LP play a handful of songs that you can be 100% certain they'll also play at the NYC show? Pretty silly thing to be upset about.