Chester Bennington, Korn and Nine Inch Nails? Not going to happen.

rav0k

Last year, Fieldy (Korn's bassist), stated that the album, KoRn Kovers, would make an appearance some time after their new record, KoRn III: Remember Who You Are, was released. Jonathan Davis, was asked tonight on Game With Fame (Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2) about the album seeing a release later this year. Sadly, Davis informed everyone that the album will not be coming out due to circumstances that are holding back the release. This is most likely due to royalty issues with, Brian Welch, former guitarist, and their old record label as suggested before.

This confirms that we may never see Chester on a cover of Nine Inch Nail's "Head Like A Hole".

Thanks to Tim Emanuele for the heads up.

Edited by rav0k

The odds of this ever being released in any official manner were reduced to practically zero the second Korn decided not to re-sign with Sony. That's just how the music industry works. In theory, Sony COULD release the album anyway since they own the rights to the recordings, but the project is likely nowhere close to completed and never will be. I'm just glad Korn is finally giving up the ghost on this, because they've been saying for the last several years that they'd release it soon, or they'd release it after their next album, or whatever, when the honest truth is that they likely haven't done ANY work whatsoever on this project in 5 years or so.

Stuff like this does have a tendency to randomly leak years down the road though (see: She Couldn't, State of the Art, Plaster), so who knows.

Stuff like this does have a tendency to randomly leak years down the road though (see: She Couldn't, State of the Art, Plaster), so who knows.

Yeah like on their official site they have 3 Digital EP's that are supposed to release every year (we only got one last year lol). A lot of the fans are asking them to put some of the tracks up for download but if they do that it will look like they are selling Sony's product through a premium membership on their website, so I really don't know. A total bummer as I have been waiting on this since I heard about it but I'm glad it is at least confirmed now.

i havnt heard much about NIN but jonathan davis hell yeah!!!!!!!! similar to one step closer at projekt revolution, it would have been great song if it was made , i would love to see both of them screaming together lol , both can equally make a huge noise ;) that track would have been awesome too bad itz not going to show up :(

There were 2 tracks allegedly from Korn Kovers (Love My Way and Fight the Power) that have been leaked/released/what-have-you.

Maybe we'll eventually get some more. I love hearing Korn cover other bands. It's always cool to hear another band's take on a song.

Edited by leftshoe18

There were 2 tracks allegedly from Korn Kovers (Love My Way and Fight the Power) that have been leaked/released/what-have-you.

Maybe we'll eventually get some more. I love hearing Korn cover other bands. It's always cool to hear another band's take on a song.

i agree