Figure.09 -- The Good, The Bad, The Ugly.

Legend

Good evening Linkin Park Live. We are all well aware that the new Linkin Park album is on its way, and more than ever, we are all extremely excited to see what is in store for us. However, I wanted to take the attention off of the new album for a moment and bring you back to the past. I am talking about the lost city of Atlantis of all Linkin Park songs. I am talking about the treasure that the old lady throws into the ocean at the end of the titanic movie. I am talking about the double whopper with cheese at your local Burger King. Folks, I am talking about the most underrated song in Linkin Park history, Figure.09.

Before we begin on this topic, please don't be misled by the subject of this article. When it comes to Figure.09, there is no good. There is no bad. And there is definitely no ugly! Far from ugly! If you're here to bash on the most epically epic-ed Linkin Park song, please kindly step out of this thread. If I were to define Figure.09's attractiveness to the world, it would be Peoples Magazines Sexist Track Alive. Figure.09 is simply a badass. It is the Solid Snake of all Linkin Park tracks. You either love Solid Snake, or hate him. In this case, if your life has any meaning to it whatsoever, Solid Snake is a badass. If your life doesn't fit with these standards, please kindly step out of this thread. I would like to refer to these rejected Figure.09 fans as the "Bionic Commando" of Linkin Park. After all these years, you just won't fade away. =[.

Without further ado, let's break this song down into the most epic of all epic Linkin Park track breakdowns to ever be posted in the LPL community. LPL family, friends, and slave posters, I welcome you to...

Posted Image

Figure.09 was born on March 23, 2003 to a rather large family. Born alongside 12 siblings, Mother Meteora knew she had something special here when one of her sons was born with a Mohawk, perfectly spiked, as if a hair stylist with impeccable skills styled it for him. Mother Meteora knew instantly, this son was the badass, and had to give it a unique name. Figure.09 was born. Now, in our world, Figure.09 is a rather strange name. Numbers are very uncommon in names. Why exactly was the name Figure.09 formed?

Mother Meteora knew that to make a mark in the world, and to be remembered forever, a simple John or Steve wouldn't do. She took a random badass word from the dictionary, a random single character number, added a zero in front of it, and additionally added a period between the two sets. Badass name was born! But how is it pronounced? Figure-nine? Figure-oh-nine? Figure-dot-zero-nine? I like to call it Figure-oh-nine, "oh" standing for, "oh my god this shit is nucking futs!

To further showcase the Rambo Badassness of Figure.09, at the young age of 4 months and 16 days, Figure.09 made a cameo in a badass movie about badasses. Fitting Figure.09's personality perfectly, Figure.09 was featured in S.W.A.T. Now the question is, where did Figure.09 go? How can an entity in life that is so special be so neglected? It is over 7 years since Figure.09 came into our lives. Did it run away? Did it die?

That is what we all thought. We were all mourning the death of Figure.09 for all these years, until low and behold, our mournings were shunned. Not only did our tears stop, but it seemed Figure.09 Tupac'd the hell out of us. In November of 2009, Figure.09 sent the world a message. The message states "All these things I could not say, made me so much more afraid. Just too scared of what I find, To look behind. To look behind."

From this statement, it is pretty obvious Figure.09 is doing alive and well. However, we have come to the assumption that something in his past has been tormenting him, making Figure.09 afraid. What could it possibly be? No one knows. Rumor has it that Figure.09's sibling, From The Inside, has been having so much aggression lately, that Figure.09 had to run into hiding, in hopes that an unexpected death caused by a young boy with shockwave explosions coming out of his body wouldn't cause any fatalities. I can see why Figure.09 has run away from us all now. We are all just glad that Figure.09 is still with us. But when can we see his face? Will he ever make a live appearance again? We will never know for sure... UNTIL TODAY!

I had a long stressful day. Decided to get on the internet and see any "puzzles" that Mike Shinoda might have posted for us crazy LPL'ers to decipher, even though deep down inside we know it's not really a puzzle. It's Mr. Shinodas entertainment. I sat at my computer and thought about the history of Figure.09, and the meaning behind this certain individual. And it came to me. Figure.09 is a puzzle in itself! Folks, I welcome you, to the Breakdown of Figure.09!

So here we go... Will Figure.09 ever be played live again? Will it be buried forever? Or will our king reign supreme once more! Take Figure.09, cut the sum-biatch, and your answer is right there in front of you! Let's look at the insides!

Nothin' ever stops all these thoughts n' the pain   attached to them
Sometimes I wonder why this is happenin'
It's   like nothin' I can do would distract me when
I think of how I shot   myself in the back again
'Cuz from the infinite words I can say I
Put   all pain you gave to me on display
But didn't realize instead of   settin' it free I
Took what I hated and made it a part of me

This reflects the fear Figure.09 had in his life caused by From The Inside. All the pain and suffering, and violent actions that sibling From The Inside has shown Figure.09 affected Figure.09 drastically. Every single action that From The Inside has done to Figure.09, Figure.09 reflected upon the world. Fear, Anger, Moshing. Everything that From The Inside is, was slowly creating Figure.09 from a kind little soul to the epicness of epic. Yes folks, From The Insides anger is the cause of Figure.09s "I run this shit" attitude. No matter how much Figure.09 wanted to be like sibling Numb, it was slowly forming into a From The Inside. This is not what Figure.09 wanted, however, he had no control over the aggression of his over powerful sibling.

It never goes away
It never goes away

This organ in the Figure.09 body simply refers to all the pain that Figure.09 wanted to let go, wouldn't leave, overtaking his soul, and making him one angry badass mo'fo.

And now
You've become a part of me
You'll always be right   here
You've become a part of me
You'll always be my fear
I   can't separate
Myself from what I've done
Giving up a part of me
I've   let myself become you

We are now looking at the heart of the body. We can see clearly from the heart that Figure.09 had a hard time avoiding From The Inside. From The Inside's anger and aggression slowly bled into Figure's soul, making Figure.09 become somewhat like his brother. No matter how scared Figure.09 was of FTI, there was nothing he can do. FTI was always there, as his brother, who he can't get rid of. I am led to believe that FTI, by far, was MUCH MUCH more powerful than Figure.09, which is why Figure.09 has been in hiding. Because Figure.09 knew that he couldn't defend himself from this overpowering brother.

Hearin' your name the memories come back again
   I remember when   it started happenin'
   I see you n' every thought I had and then
   The   thoughts slowly found words attached to them
   And I knew as they   escaped away
   I was committin' myself to em n' everyday
   I regret   sayin' those things 'cuz now I see that I
   Took what I hated and made   it a part of me

In this part of Figure.09's soul, Figure is referring to all of the thoughts of abuse and anger that FTI showed against Figure.09. It's clear that Figure.09 was abused physically, verbally, and mentally by FTI. As Figure.09 was slowly becoming like his immature, angry little shit of a brother, he started to realize that he was making a mistake. That this IS NOT how Figure.09 wanted to be. Figure.09 didn't want to be a mean, angry, loud, obnoxious little boy with super shockwave capabilities. Figure.09 wanted to be what he was born to be..... A role model.... Just like.... Epic Beard Man! Figure.09's motto: '

'

Get away from me!
 Give me my space back you gotta just
 Go!
 Everything   comes down the memories of
 You!
 I Kept it in without lettin' you
 Know!
 I   Let you go so get away from
 Me!
 Give me my space back you gotta   just
 Go!
 Everything comes down the memories of
 You!
 I Kept   it in without lettin' you
 Know!
 I Let you go

Folks, this is what we've been waiting for! The key to the puzzle! Our research has determined that Figure.09 has conquered his fear from his brother. He has secretly gotten past the fear he once had from his brother. He has evolved from a simple Charmeleon to a super badass Charizard. FTI, you better go in hiding on live shows now, because this Charizard is coming for you! And he's pissed! Figure.09 wants to take the stage, and show all the LP fans what a true great song sounds like. FTI, yes, it is great, but Figure.09 wants to show the world what the difference between great, and HOLY SHATMAN! is.

Folks, I am pleased to announce that this puzzle of many years has been solved. Figure.09 wants to make his comeback! I heard he is currently on his journey to the heavens to ask God Shinoda if the world is ready for World War III via Figure.09. Sadly, I don't think the world is ready for Mr. Epic Badass Man over here. It would be very tragic for the whole world to get a heart attack at the same time, knowing that the greatest LP track of all time (...of all time) caused us all a heart attack simultaneously.

But, if it DID happen, it would be the best heart attack we would ever get.... ever.

Edited by Legend

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

tbh tl;dr

I am sincerely sorry your lack of reading capabilities has halted you from reading this thread. I am also sincerely sorry that you're too lazy to type out "to be honest too long; didn't read." Maybe LPL can have some donations to try and get you some help. :).

Seriously though, if you got nothing to say, GTFO Bionic Commando.

*applauds*

Figure 09 is easily the most underrated LP song, and I'd love to see it in their setlist again. Replace What I've Done, the most overrated and overplayed song in their catalogue.

Another thing I'd love to see live again is With You, which sounds killer live.

That is some awesome stuff there man.

I think this article is great.

I appreciate it man! :)

Why would you compare such an awesome song to such a crappy fast-food place?

Also, Figure.09 is my favorite song from Meteora.

I wasn't comparing the song to Burger King. I was comparing the importance of the song to the world, like the importance of the double whopper with cheese to Burger King.

You have good taste in good music my friend!

+1 for Bionic Commando, I lol'd

Gold Star for you for knowing what Bionic Commando is!

haha nice story. Figure.09 is awesome, I absolutely love the screaming/intense rapping part!!

You and I both! Thanks for reading!

I really wish Mike read it. Awesome article, loved the Solid Snake thing.

That would be frikkin' awesome if he did!

This was the greatest thing I have ever read in my life. Post this shit on Mike's blog. This needs to be published.

HAHAH! Thanks man! I appreciate you taking the time to read it! I hope Mike comes across this one day!

*applauds*

Figure 09 is easily the most underrated LP song, and I'd love to see it in their setlist again. Replace What I've Done, the most overrated and overplayed song in their catalogue.

Another thing I'd love to see live again is With You, which sounds killer live.

Agreed! Agreed! Agreed!

Definately my favourite LP song ever. I love it.

Great article, was a very nice read. Wish they would play it live again :(

Amazing song! Thanks for reading! Im hoping it will make a comeback!

Legend, just write a fucking book already man. You have the skills of Oprah!

LOL. HAHA. Thanks bud!

This is the best shit ever. Loved all of it.

It loves you too! Yes it does!

Listen man, you can't dictate people and tell them to go away for disagreeing about if a song is good or not. Seriously. It's pretty childish actually. Saying "Agree with me or go away" thanks for the maturity.

[/end thread]

Listen man, you can't dictate people and tell them to go away for disagreeing about if a song is good or not. Seriously. It's pretty childish actually. Saying "Agree with me or go away" thanks for the maturity.

[/end thread]

You're just mad because you're also a Bionic Commando.

Consider this thread McDonalds. If you do not like McDonalds, why would you go in and eat a cheeseburger?

Congrats, great article man !

Despite M2M is my favourite LP album, I have to say Figure.09 is my favourite track.

Hey. :). Thanks for taking the time to read and comment! Keep on rocking to Figure.09 man!

You're just mad because you're also a Bionic Commando.

Consider this thread McDonalds. If you do not like McDonalds, why would you go in and eat a cheeseburger?

Because I have the right to go into any McDonalds and state my opinion. Stop being so closed minded. This isn't a world where opinions have to always align up with each other for fear of banishment. People have rights to state what they think and I think this thread while having some good is mostly full of arrogant thick hotheadedness, all in the first post. You don't even know if I like the song Which I actually do, there's only few songs I like on Meteora and it is one of them but that's totally irrelevant. Congratulations, you take the cake away from another pal of mine for being the apotheosis of immaturity. Good job on calling everyone who disagrees a name though, and by that I mean grow up.

I'm going to try to ignore this thread from now on cuz quite frankly I think it's much too childish to get into trouble over.

Peace out Legend.

Because I have the right to go into any McDonalds and state my opinion. Stop being so closed minded. This isn't a world where opinions have to always align up with each other for fear of banishment. People have rights to state what they think and I think this thread while having some good is mostly full of arrogant thick hotheadedness, all in the first post. You don't even know if I like the song Which I actually do, there's only few songs I like on Meteora and it is one of them but that's totally irrelevant. Congratulations, you take the cake away from another pal of mine for being the apotheosis of immaturity. Good job on calling everyone who disagrees a name though, and by that I mean grow up.

I'm going to try to ignore this thread from now on cuz quite frankly I think it's much too childish to get into trouble over.

Peace out Legend.

I'll leave this as is. I worked too hard on this thread to have it closed because someone doesn't have a sense of humor. Have a good day. Thanks for reading anyways. Sorry the story didn't go your way.

-Legend

Peace out Legend.

LOL it's a joke, why are you so upset?

Weird, totally off-the-wall thread, but awesome at the same time! xD

Figure.09 needs love people, we must show Mike & the rest of LP how much we love this gem!

Oh, & i loved the little inclusion of the lyrics from the demo "all these things i could not say.." One of the best damn demos I've ever heard!