Blackbirds Getting Air Time

Pez

Well seeing LP news is running a little slow at the moment, I thought I'd bring this up.

Today while listening to Nova 96.9 here in Sydney, the host announced "Now here is Linkin Park's new single called Blackbirds".

Well now as you know, the song was released just for the 8 Bit Rebellion game but now what confuses me is how do the radio get a hold of this when it was made just for the game? Also kind of ironic is that radio stations can get a high quality version, yet us fans haven't even gotten a non-ripped (from the game) version released by the band.

So what are everyone's thoughts for this and has anyone else heard the song on TV or radio or anything else?

That's a surprise. Don't even think LP wants it to be a Radio single, but who knows. Either they're just playing the MP3 that's floating around or they got an actual Radio Promo, what would be good for us if it leaks (desperate for a higher quality version), but I kinda doubt it.

Anyway, I think I only listened to that song like 5 times yet, that tops 'Not Alone' by 4 plays though, lol.

would be pretty funny and kinda embarassing if they use the ripped mp3-version haha.

A radiopromo CD would be awesome, atlhoug I doubt LP would send out a song which is written to get people to buy 8BR. Why would they reveal the song to the public if they want them to unlock it in the game as a special treat...

I heared Blackbirds in Uruguayan Radios too but i think that is not a big new...

Also i heared Live In Texas the full concert in the same Radio they speak about the whole LP's history and in the final they put Blackbirds the 8-Bit Rebellion version, with Mike's part at the beginning...

Same here. I feel like I was too hyped for this song, and I didn't get as much as I wanted. Across the Line ftw. It is a 'true' LP song that never will get old.

NOW THIS is a dang QFT, I love Across The Line and think it's one of the best songs they have ever written. There is so much stuff in ATL that's not in any other LP song....very very good song that hasn't ever gotten old on me.

NOW THIS is a dang QFT, I love Across The Line and think it's one of the best songs they have ever written. There is so much stuff in ATL that's not in any other LP song....very very good song that hasn't ever gotten old on me.

Pretty strong statements. What exactly is in ATL that isn't in other LP songs?

Well seeing LP news is running a little slow at the moment, I thought I'd bring this up.

Today while listening to Nova 96.9 here in Sydney, the host announced "Now here is Linkin Park's new single called Blackbirds".

Well now as you know, the song was released just for the 8 Bit Rebellion game but now what confuses me is how do the radio get a hold of this when it was made just for the game? Also kind of ironic is that radio stations can get a high quality version, yet us fans haven't even gotten a non-ripped (from the game) version released by the band.

So what are everyone's thoughts for this and has anyone else heard the song on TV or radio or anything else?

I have a non "ripped" version...

original file from the game

But that's still like 128 kbps.

my point, I worked for a local radio station for a bit and they always get high quilty versions, it would be shit if they used the 128 ones