Thoughts On LPU Chat?

hahninator

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope the new song it's not like an LPU8 song. I would like to hear a "full" song like Across the Line. I'm a bit afraid that Mike mentioned that the new album have less songs MAYBE. What? A 10 or 8 track album? Please NO! 12 tracks at least. I don't care how long the songs are. Faint is less than 3 minutes, but it's still good. Give us bonus tracks at least or something. Anyway, I'm still waiting for the new album.

I couldn't make it to the chat, but it's pretty disappointing to hear that the other band members just want to play singles.

I'm glad we have a guy like Mike in the band.

Also, if a new LP song is coming in Jan., maybe the album isn't tooooo far off?

[/b]"

What do you mean?

This isn't the first time Mike has hinted at the fact that the other band members don't like playing the older, more fan-favorite songs, like the ones from HTEP.

I remember someone posted a video from an LPU Meet and Greet and Mike mentioned how Brad/Rob don't like randomly inserting songs like A Place For My Head into the setlists.

It seems like the other guys are just looking to please the casual fans sometimes as far as the live show is concerned.

EDIT: And don't get me wrong, I can kind of see why. Linkin Park is a huge band, with a LOT of hits. If they were gonna play other stuff the sets would be really long. Still though...

Edited by Xero21

Oh well...I know......I thought single means they will be individual...not to be a band... :D

But I must slap Mike's face because maybe he was dreaming during the chat. What if the next album has less track :blink: . No way, slap slap slap slap (awake MIKE)

When do we have the chat log?

Edited by ShadowThanatos

And Chester denied Mike when he wanted to put Reading My Eyes into the Venice, Italy setlist in 2008. Wow.

Why don't the guys like playing older songs??

New song is likely an MTM b-side, I don't see them creating a brand new song just for this video game.

Can someone give me a quick and brief rundown of what he said?

I'm not at the LPU so it's ok if you guys can't.

About the game:

Mike: The game takes place in a world that used to be all "low resolution." 8-bit and lower...

Then an evil corporation arrived, and they've brainwashed everyone to buy higher resolution. They are called PixxelKorp. A small rebellion has begun, to fight against PixxelKorp. You (the player) may be our only hope to combat the evil!

As you get through the game, It's laid out like an RPG style game, but it's got a strong social community aspect. You can talk to all your friends playing, and play together. You solve various missions to fight PixxelKorp. If you finish the whole 1st mission, you get something AWESOME. The iPhone game is going to be coming out in January, we believe. The secret at the end of the game is...another new song.

Why don't the guys like playing older songs??

Out of the 15,000 people at a LP show, how many of them have ACTUALLY heard songs on HTEP? Very few. Plus, a song someone wrote 10 years might not sit with them the same now as it did then. I can speak to that when I wrote songs for my band in high school

I have this same struggle with New Found Glory. They don't play the real old stuff anymore and it's a bummer, but when I saw them last week and they finally did, I was one of the very few people there who knew the song. It was kind of awkward for the band.

mshinoda (13:08):

HTEP - some of the guys don't really love playing the super old stuff. Unfortunately, the LPU loves those songs, but the average concert goer is coming to hear the more popular tracks.

That's quite possibly one of the worst responses I have ever heard. Unfortunately? Sorry the fans that have stuck with you with dedication, loyalty, and not to mention, cold hard cash like the songs that gave you a following.

This was apparently a joke of a chat. Everyone gets so excited about Shinoda and he drops all this seemingly negative information. If they can't even put 12 tracks on an album that, probably when its all said and done, took two years to make, then I don't know what to say.

Also, I highly doubt this "new song" is going to be anything worth significant interest. My guess is its something like the highly overrated "Lockjaw" or something based more around instrumentation and short length.

Out of the 15,000 people at a LP show, how many of them have ACTUALLY heard songs on HTEP? Very few. Plus, a song someone wrote 10 years might not sit with them the same now as it did then. I can speak to that when I wrote songs for my band in high school

I have this same struggle with New Found Glory. They don't play the real old stuff anymore and it's a bummer, but when I saw them last week and they finally did, I was one of the very few people there who knew the song. It was kind of awkward for the band.

I think there is some type of confusion about what some fans want played. I think the question in the chat might have been just about HTEP but I think most fans here are talking about material such as With You, Figure, By Myself, Forgotten, etc. While I can vaguely understand why some members won't want to bring back ancient tracks from their youth like And One and Part of Me, I don't understand why some of the studio tracks from HT and Meteora (Reanimation as well) can't be rotated within their setlists along with a solid mix of singles.

While you're damn right hardly anyone would know some of those songs out of a huge crowd, I'm pretty positive most will know songs that are on studio albums. There is much more to the average concert goer than just rock radio and that is something I don't think LP understands.

reasoning for any musician not to like playing their old stuff is the same through out. imagine OSC for chester, the older he gets the harder it is for him to nail the screams. plus you have fans who hate any type of music progression the band tries and wants them to stay with the old style. Its enough to make a person detest a song. When you get a chunk of ppl who's first response to anything new is "wtf its not OSC, i hate it" regardless if its the song that makes you famous, you grow to not be found of it.

That's quite possibly one of the worst responses I have ever heard. Unfortunately? Sorry the fans that have stuck with you with dedication, loyalty, and not to mention, cold hard cash like the songs that gave you a following.

This was apparently a joke of a chat. Everyone gets so excited about Shinoda and he drops all this seemingly negative information. If they can't even put 12 tracks on an album that, probably when its all said and done, took two years to make, then I don't know what to say.

Also, I highly doubt this "new song" is going to be anything worth significant interest. My guess is its something like the highly overrated "Lockjaw" or something based more around instrumentation and short length.

You're um... positive...