Mike Shinoda Response to "She Couldn't"

HybridThe0ry97

Earlier today, Mike Shinoda posted on his blog about the newfound 1999 demo, "She Couldn't". This is what he had to say:

"Many of you have asked about an old demo that is floating around. The song is called “She Couldn’t.” We recorded it in 1999 during the making of Hybrid Theory, but it never made an album and was never released by us. For legal reasons, that's all I can say about the song, but I hope this clears things up!"

What do you think?

Earlier today, Mike Shinoda posted on his blog about the newfound 1999 demo, "She Couldn't". This is what he had to say:

"Many of you have asked about an old demo that is floating around. The song is called “She Couldn’t.” We recorded it in 1999 during the making of Hybrid Theory, but it never made an album and was never released by us. For legal reasons, that's all I can say about the song, but I hope this clears things up!"

What do you think? Perhaps Warner has gagged them from talking about unreleased songs?

I think it just has to do with the sampling of another song.

yeah it seems like he isnt interested!

it sounds like:"whatever?"

Maybe Mike doesn't know how fans had to buy the CD and the whole story about it, you never know. But I agree he should have at least said thank you or that it was cool or something. I don't remember if he did with Plaster...or State Of The Art or any of the other exclusives.

Maybe Mike doesn't know how fans had to buy the CD and the whole story about it, you never know. But I agree he should have at least said thank you or that it was cool or something. I don't remember if he did with Plaster...or State Of The Art or any of the other exclusives.

Chester said State of the Art was dead to him...if that clears anything up.

Chester said State of the Art was dead to him...if that clears anything up.

He said that it was a dead subject to him. He probably doesn't even remember that shit it was in like 2001 with some shitty member of Limp Bizkit. LOL.

yeah it seems like he isnt interested!

it sounds like:"whatever?"

I'm sure it's not that he's being indignant...but the song is 10 years old and they have obviously progressed.

Imagine you're an artist and about to have a show of your work in some gallery, then people start asking you about an art project you did in the third grade. You just don't give a shit about it anymore.

I think it just has to do with the sampling of another song.

No. There have been plenty of cases of LP-related songs having uncredited samples and it's never been a problem for them to talk about it in the past. Almost the entire instrumental portion of H! Vltg3 is ripped off from 'Family' by Lamont Dozier, 1stp Klosr uses a stock sound effect that's found in a bunch of movies, Kyur 4 th Ich has an uncredited sample from a Crystal Method song in it, none of the samples on We Major are credited, etc...

I've been saying for years that Warner owns and controls everything Linkin Park creates, says, and does. If Warner doesn't want Linkin Park talking about something, they don't talk about it. If this song wasn't all over the Internet, Mike would probably deny that it even exists. This has something to do with it being an unreleased track and Warner likely having a universal gag order on unreleased material written into Linkin Park's contract.

No. There have been plenty of cases of LP-related songs having uncredited samples and it's never been a problem for them to talk about it in the past. Almost the entire instrumental portion of H! Vltg3 is ripped off from 'Family' by Lamont Dozier, 1stp Klosr uses a stock sound effect that's found in a bunch of movies, Kyur 4 th Ich has an uncredited sample from a Crystal Method song in it, none of the samples on We Major are credited, etc...

I've been saying for years that Warner owns and controls everything Linkin Park creates, says, and does. If Warner doesn't want Linkin Park talking about something, they don't talk about it. If this song wasn't all over the Internet, Mike would probably deny that it even exists. This has something to do with it being an unreleased track and Warner likely having a universal gag order on unreleased material written into Linkin Park's contract.

Well said, just another reason why i say "fuck warner" lol

OMG the High Voltage remix from reanimation its just the same song with an extra beat.

That's why I hate almost any hip hop artist/producer sample (steals) a lot of old song and then they take the full credit.

Mike knows. Trust me ;)

Mike knows all about it and the entire process we went through.

For legal reasons he can't say any more, but he is aware of the fact of LPLive buying it, releasing it, etc. He posted a lot for Plaster but the sample in this song won't let him do it. Sorry.