Support Acts For Germany

hahninator

Posted Image

According to the Coheed and Cambria MySpace page here, they will be opening for a few Linkin Park shows this summer.

Quoting their latest blog post:
"We posted 2 dates in Stuttgart and Gräfenhainichen - check out our dates on our page

Linkin Park
Coheed And Cambria
Funeral For A Friend"

Coheed And Cambria will also be playing the Sonisphere Festival in Knebworth, England on August 1st with Linkin Park, so I guess they would be a support act for LP as well at that show.

The dates are listed below:
30.07.2009 Stuttgart, Germany, Cannstatter Wasen
01.08.2009 Knebworth, England, Knebworth Park, Sonisphere Festival
02.08.2009 Gräfenhainichen, Germany, Ferropolis 'Stadt aus Eisen'

Opinions, thoughts, flaming? I know a lot of you saw Coheed open for Linkin Park on the Winter North American Tour last year and were unhappy (I'm sure there were some that liked them). I'll be at these two shows....maybe Switzerland gets a few other bands....heh.

Knebworth is a bit expensive or else I think I'd go to it. I based my touring plans around Germany, which I've always wanted to see LP in since Germany has the absolute hands-down best fans for the band versus any other country. Since Zurich is close to Germany and Knebworth is far, things didn't fall into place for me to make it to Knebworth, lol.

Maybe Julien-K will get added so they can do a 6-7 song set opening for LP and then Chaz can do like 5 Dead By Sunrise songs....

Knebworth is a bit expensive or else I think I'd go to it. I based my touring plans around Germany, which I've always wanted to see LP in since Germany has the absolute hands-down best fans for the band versus any other country. Since Zurich is close to Germany and Knebworth is far, things didn't fall into place for me to make it to Knebworth, lol.

Maybe Julien-K will get added so they can do a 6-7 song set opening for LP and then Chaz can do like 5 Dead By Sunrise songs....

Chester did say DBS was goin to do a few shows during the summer so its a big possibility that could happen just sucks i can't go to any of the shows :(

are you talking about the whole tour or just one place. Cause if they did that on Sonisphere it would be even better. The price of leaving the country is why im not going. But Julien-K, Coheed, Dead by Sunrise, Metallica, and Linkin Park all at one show is like an awesome Orgy

man you guys in Germany are lucky as shit. They are extrememly good. And for those saying they dont really interact with the crowd, Claudio Sanchez has even admitted they dont because they really arent good at talking.

Heres a few Coheed songs i'd recommend

The Suffering

<- kinda like LP's Hip Hop Medley cept its not hip hop =p. Plus the Trooper is a cover song originally by Iron Maiden

Welcome Home

Thats the ones at the top of my head that i like the best. there's more but ill let Astat come in here and recommend a few songs as well.

I also met Claudio Sanchez earlier this year the guys in the band are down to Earth. They will throw on a good show. :)

Coheed and Cambria rocked the house in Oklahoma City. The emo fest called, Chiodos, is what I was not happy with. Dude was having sex with himself the whole time while molesting his microphone. I hate the music. The guy on the keyboard was cool though. ;)

Coheed and Cambria sorta reminds me of Rush (minus the actual talent of Rush), so they are cool in my book.

Coheed and Cambria rocked the house in Oklahoma City. The emo fest called, Chiodos, is what I was not happy with. Dude was having sex with himself the whole time while molesting his microphone. I hate the music. The guy on the keyboard was cool though. ;)

Coheed and Cambria sorta reminds me of Rush (minus the actual talent of Rush), so they are cool in my book.

I was at that show. I did not care for either of the supporting acts, personally. :mellow:

I was there too, and I agree with the Chiodos part. They just plain sucked. Coheed and Cambria wasn't bad too me for the first part, and then when they played Welcome Home, I was pretty surprised with it. They got talent.

Btw, how come LP doesn't put up some Nu Metal bands in their tours anymore? I guess they just try to put up different genres these days.

I was there too, and I agree with the Chiodos part. They just plain sucked. Coheed and Cambria wasn't bad too me for the first part, and then when they played Welcome Home, I was pretty surprised with it. They got talent.

Btw, how come LP doesn't put up some Nu Metal bands in their tours anymore? I guess they just try to put up different genres these days.

Cuz what 'nu-metal' as-you-call-it bands are even around anymore???

Cuz what 'nu-metal' as-you-call-it bands are even around anymore???

You make a good point. Not many exist anymore. Korn is still around, but that's about it. System of a Down is gone, Limp Bizkit..who knows...yeah..lol

Everyone hated Chiodos, but I actually liked them. Oh well, can't please everybody I guess.

Maybe I'm a little behind on this, but ... so this talk about Foo Fighters, Maiden, G'N'R playing at Sonicsphere in London was BS?

They were merely just rumours I'm afraid.

Linkin Park, Avenged Sevenfold and Zebrahead in a matter of 2 days. My 3 favourite bands. This festival was made for me, surely! :P

Maybe I'm a little behind on this, but ... so this talk about Foo Fighters, Maiden, G'N'R playing at Sonicsphere in London was BS?

Sonisphere 2010 is going to book 'em.

That's just rumours of course.

Any LP fans goin to SOnisphere UK? :)

Edited by Collision

Me! :) with Rob Wilson, possibly Wl Vincent/Lloyd and a friend called Abs who's also in the LPU. We shall all meet! I saw your DBS post on Sonisphere forums btw.

I'm adding al LP fans who are going to my MSN

mayhem.maker@hotmail.com

I'm the spammer @Soniforums.