2018.12.09 - KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas

hahninator

The last show of the year is finally here, as Mike Shinoda appropriately ends his monstrous 2018 touring schedule with a show at none other than the KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas.

Way back in May, Mike kicked off his Post Traumatic shows with a set at the KROQ Weenie Roast on the second stage. He kicked it off in style as he performed two shows in one day for the first time solo, but he had done that with Linkin Park and Fort Minor several times in 2006 and once in 2015.

57 shows later, it all ends in Inglewood tonight!

This show will be webcasted as usual! Mike performs at 7:45pm PST, and looks to get 30-35 minutes for his set again which should come to around 9 songs.

Mike's last time at KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas was with Linkin Park in 2014. LP's hour set was a memorable one, with Daron Malakian from System of a Down joining for Rebellion and Tim McIlrath from Rise Against joining for Bleed It Out.

One of our favorite shows at the KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas events has been the 2007 performance on the Minutes To Midnight World Tour, but there has not been a single bad performance by LP at these events.

This show ends three shows in five days for Mike and brings the year to a close. Mike is back on the road in March with a big European headlining tour.

KROQ livestream mixes never disappoint. How can they consistently be that bad? Is there a single KROQ show with a good mix?

Since around KROQ 07 they haven't bothered to fix it. Why does the remasters from 01 and 03 sound so freaking good compared to the "professional" mixing? Who's in charge? It's really annoying.

KROQ livestream mixes never disappoint. How can they consistently be that bad? Is there a single KROQ show with a good mix?

Weenie Roast 2007 is one of my favorites and even though the quality isn’t that good, I feel like it’s better than a lot of other shows they have webcasted. AAC 2012 sounded worse than AAC 2000, wtf? Lol. But yeah, I don’t know why they haven’t tried to do anything for it.

I was just listening to Make It Up As I Go from this show, and the playback started early. That really ruined the song for me. Throughout the whole song I just couldn't differentiate what part she was actually live and what parts were playback. It makes sense for Mike to have that, but K. Flay is a singer and IMO shouldn't rely on it so much that she barely distinguishable.

I was just listening to Make It Up As I Go from this show, and the playback started early. That really ruined the song for me. Throughout the whole song I just couldn't differentiate what part she was actually live and what parts were playback. It makes sense for Mike to have that, but K. Flay is a singer and IMO shouldn't rely on it so much that she barely distinguishable.

This! As soon as that happened, I spent the rest of the song trying to differentiate her vocals and the playback. Wonder what it looked like to the fans in attendance who have never heard of her. I can't imagine that it was a great impression!

Shame too, she was really killing it on stage. Seemed like she had a good buzz going and was very energetic.

K Flay has always done that on MIUAIG. It's always playback with her live vocals over it, like Mike on Remember The Name.

What a great set. Mike absolutely killed it and he got in 12 songs too. Two guests. Setlist was perfect with WTCFM opening. Really loved it.

Honestly, I preferred the shows that were only Mike (Weenie Roast 2018 through LoveLoud 2018) but this show isn’t that bad. Thanks for sharing.

I think having a band gives Mike freedom, and he can experiment more. But those performances were unique themselves.