Mike JOOX Live Chat Summary

RogueSoul

Mike went live on the JOOX app (available only in Asia) this morning and answered some questions. It was quite a long chat (nearly an hour), so here's a summary of what he said. Lots of interesting stuff about the upcoming shows and the experiences of his recent ones.

• He started with playing the string intro of 'Remember The Name' on his keyboard.
  • World Tour preparation: the first “phase” is over (getting the music into the world, getting things rolling live). The next “phase” has more production and will have new members onstage.
  • Mike wants the show to be fun - it’ll be meaningful, but fun. Mike doesn’t want it to be sad; he wants the music to lift us up and get things out so we can look forwards.
  • Mike is a bit sick at the moment - LoveLoud was the first show he played by himself where he was a bit sick.
  • Every show he’s played has been a different experience. The show’s slowly changing and getting better, but with each one he learns something new about how to make it better.
  • Mike's planning on making a music video for every song. Not sure when he's going to be dropping a music video for 'Make It Up As I Go' yet.
  • Mike did the videos for the Post Traumatic EP songs and 'Nothing Makes Sense Anymore' by himself. For the rest, he had a few people help him out because he wanted the camera angle to be wider than he could do with his arms.
  • Someone sent Mike a sports car on the JOOX app and he got hyped.
  • All the promo has been great. It's pretty much his first time doing it by himself, though. Going out with the crew and management has been fun. It's a strange experience to be going into some of these places, because the last time he was in some of those places he was with Chester.
  • Info for meet & greets (for at least Bangkok and Hong Kong) will be coming out next week.
  • Some of Mike's favorite comedians at the moment: Kumail Nanjiani, Hannibal Buress, Louis C. K., Mike Birbiglia, John Mulaney, and Chris Hardwick.
  • Mike likes trying out different things, like the 'Ghosts' music video. Mike wanted to do an A.I. experience with a chat-bot thing (like he did with Boris) for like two years; he wanted to do something like that for One More Light but it didn't end up working out.
  • Mike's motto: "don't be an a-hole."
  • Mike's advice for anyone who's going through a hard time right now: "It's not the artist's responsibility to save you... but if it's serious, you should talk to a professional. In general, be aware of negativity in situations like social media. Make the choice to not do that."
  • Mike wishes he could go to Jakarta - he said he's played some great shows there with Fort Minor... though he's only been there with Linkin Park - 2004 and 2011!
  • Mike drew a picture of Boris riding an elephant.
  • He ended by noodling on his keyboard for a bit. He showed off some presets he had and played pieces of 'Crossing A Line,' 'When They Come For Me,' 'Castle Of Glass,' 'Watching As I Fall,' 'A Line In The Sand,' and 'The Little Things Give You Away.'

You can watch the full chat here:

Mike's Post Traumatic Asian Tour kicks off on August 7 in Hong Kong. Be sure to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for the latest updates, and join the LPLive Discord for discussion with fans around the world!

I welcome (lol) more production at the shows. NYC didn't have much production, I mean not that I needed it. Just lights are fine with me. He was just advertising to the fans about this NIN-like experience with fog and insane lights that he wanted to do. Let's see how this works out.