Ryan Shuck Hints at DBS Acoustic Video Release

hahninator

In a new interview with Alternative Revolution, Ryan Shuck of Julien-K and Dead By Sunrise mentions that the band plans to release one of the first Dead By Sunrise performances ever - on video.

On July 4th, 2009, DBS played acoustically in Las Vegas for an intimate crowd at the Steve Wyrick Theatre. Fans might know this show for the released versions of 'Morning After' for the LPU and 'Let Down' as a digital single. However, 'Crawl Back In', 'Walking In Circles', and 'In The Darkness' were also performed.

AR: "One disc on this project are the “Live & Acoustic” songs. How is it performing these songs acoustically compared to with full band arrangements? Your songs on your studio albums seem to have a lot more to them than an acoustic setting performance. I imagine it would be very different from your full band arrangement performances. How do your fans react to your acoustic performances?"

Ryan: "We discovered after touring acoustically with Chester and in Dead By Sunrise acoustically that…….Actually our first live show…..at some point we are going to release the actual video. We have it all recorded, so no one knows that. But we don’t know. We are not trying to make money by it by throwing out all this material. There are lots of materials to consider what we want. This is all our friends. There are a lot of things to consider about when to release it. We have to put out things when it will make our fans happy.

But it turned out so fucking good when we played acoustically. We never even played our music live before for an audience and we played acoustically in Vegas for a Club Tattoo event. And we filled out an auditorium and it was so good that Chester looked at all of us and was like “Why don’t we just do this acoustic show? This is way cooler” and our fans loved it.

After being kind of an electronic big kind of band for a long time, I think we discovered there is a whole other side to present our music. We started saying yes to events that were acoustic and a lot of it was special stuff with Chester where we would play a couple of Julien K songs and then a couple of Dead By Sunrise songs, and a Linkin Park song. That actually happened."

What seems possible is some sort of Dead By Sunrise compilation, with unreleased demos, live videos, backstage footage, rehearsals, and more one day. Whatever the band decides to do, we'd love to see it. Julien-K has already released two songs since July featuring Chester, from their Stars Of The Season 2011 show - I'll Try Not To Destroy You and Palm Springs Reset on the Julien-K Time Capsule release.

HOLY SHIT this is awesome!!!!!!! I have wanted this since July 2009 when the performance happened. I've always loved that video of ITD and LT and MA from this show are good, too. I also have heard small clips of WIC and CBI and they sounded cool. IMO, the DBS songs were the best acoustically, because that's exactly how Chester wrote them all according to himself, he said he would sit down with an acoustic guitar and write these songs, and then the JK guys would take the song and build a sonic track around it. I hope we do in fact see this in the future.

WBR won't let this happen.

That would suck so much... I'd pay for this if Julien-K were to release it for a price, if that's what you mean, since Julien-K said they don't care about making money off of this stuff. If WBR tries to stop the release, maybe if Julien-K put it up on Apple Music or something, that'd be cool. Not sure if the iTunes Store is still a thing but I'd buy it off that. Physical product would be cooler but that won't happen.

I think this is actually something that will happen. A Time Capsule type of thing but for DBS. Talinda, WBR, Julien-K, LP, etc are all on board with releasing Chester's stuff over time. I think since JK broke ground being the first to do it with CB on JK songs, that this could happen. It's WBR's to deal with, yeah, but I bet they work it out on this.

I just want more DBS music, it's like 10 year anniversary almost.

Yeah, ten year DBS anniversary coming in October 2019. I love listening to LD and MA from Steve Wyrick Theater, though. So good. I usually hate acoustic stuff but the DBS songs work so much better acoustically. IMO. Imagine how epic WIC and ITD would sound in good quality acoustically from the show. OMG.

I think this is actually something that will happen. A Time Capsule type of thing but for DBS. Talinda, WBR, Julien-K, LP, etc are all on board with releasing Chester's stuff over time. I think since JK broke ground being the first to do it with CB on JK songs, that this could happen. It's WBR's to deal with, yeah, but I bet they work it out on this.

The only reason they broke ground with it though is because those tracks were already planned to be released before Chester passed, he gave them full blessing to use them, etc. But yeah I see what you mean. There are loads of unreleased Chester stuff from LP, DBS, guest spots, a shit ton. I think we will see them in the future, I hope, we can't let this man's legacy just fade. So much stuff from deceased artists have been released in years after their death, I don't think it will be any different with Chester.

Edited by Geki

Well, since you guys said it was OK, I'll upload Morning After and Let Down.03. Morning After (Acoustic Live).mp302. Let Down Acoustic.mp3

I also will upload my rip of In The Darkness from the show that I have had since like 2009. It's not HQ like the two officially released tracks but it's not too bad. I like it more than 2010 live versions of the song.

Dead by Sunrise _In the Darkness_ li.mp3

I don't have any rips of the other songs but I'm sure they were epic. I hope we do get this show. It was amazing.

Well, since you guys said it was OK, I'll upload Morning After and Let Down.attachicon.gif 03. Morning After (Acoustic Live).mp3attachicon.gif 02. Let Down Acoustic.mp3

I also will upload my rip of In The Darkness from the show that I have had since like 2009. It's not HQ like the two officially released tracks but it's not too bad. I like it more than 2010 live versions of the song.

attachicon.gif Dead by Sunrise _In the Darkness_ li.mp3

I don't have any rips of the other songs but I'm sure they were epic. I hope we do get this show. It was amazing.

Thank you so much! Been looking for these tracks! God Let Down is amazing <3

Thank you so much! Been looking for these tracks! God Let Down is amazing <3

Yeah, I love this performance of it. That's why I said before that the DBS songs really worked the best as acoustic songs. Chester said he wrote all the songs acoustically on his own first and then handed them over to the rest of the guys. Now I'm wishing that Chester had done a show where he played the entire album acoustically or something. Would have been so cool. I love the screams he does in Morning After, too. It shows that he can still scream and be aggressive even with an acoustic rendition. My Suffering and Condemned, End Of The World, Crawl Back In and Inside Of Me all would work well like that.

Yeah, I love this performance of it. That's why I said before that the DBS songs really worked the best as acoustic songs. Chester said he wrote all the songs acoustically on his own first and then handed them over to the rest of the guys. Now I'm wishing that Chester had done a show where he played the entire album acoustically or something. Would have been so cool. I love the screams he does in Morning After, too. It shows that he can still scream and be aggressive even with an acoustic rendition. My Suffering and Condemned, End Of The World, Crawl Back In and Inside Of Me all would work well like that.

That would've been sick I agree, Shows off what an amazing voice he had.

For sure. I mean, I love the album too, but I do think the acoustic renditions are really cool. Let Down and In The Darkness especially. Can't speak for Walking In Circles and Crawl Back In, but I'm 99.9% positive they are also awesome. Morning After, while it's a big fan favorite, was never one of my favorite songs. It just isn't as good as the rest of the songs, IMO. It was cool they gave it as a bonus track for the album, though. I do like this version of the song though, like I said, he made it sound cool with the screams and stuff, too.