2018.06.19 - New York City, NY - Jimmy Fallon

hahninator

On the 19th, Mike will make a very special appearance in New York City... to perform at The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.

Linkin Park has made many TV appearances over the years, and Fort Minor has performed on TV a handful of times. The last performance is of course Conan from 2015, where he debuted 'Welcome' by Fort Minor live.

Arguably the most notable thing about The Tonight Show is that the house band is of course.. The Roots! Mike has a great history with these guys and honestly, we might see something cool happen here for fun (not specifically talking about Mike's performance).

Many of you know Black Thought for his performance with Mike on The Rising Tied's 'Right Now' with undoubtedly one of the best verses on the album. Three~ years prior, he also dropped a great verse on 'X-Ecutioner Style' on Reanimation.

Mike also guested at The Roots Jam Session in January 2010 at the intimate Key Club in Los Angeles. He joined at 2:30am for '75 Bars' and rapped a (then unknown) verse over the track... which turned out to be the demo 'I Have Not Begun' released on LPUX later that year!

Due to Mike not being the type of rapper to freestyle on the spot, it is doubtful that they would jam 'Right Now' or anything they have collaborated on before... but you never know what can happen with The Roots! These guys can cover almost any song at any time in any style. Don't believe me? Just watch their segments of 'Wheel of Music' on the show, which is entertaining just to see The Roots cover all of the songs so well. Have Mike drop a verse of literally any Post Traumatic song on an intro segment and The Roots will make it sound like it could win a Grammy.

If we were in the betting mood, we'd say Mike will perform 'Crossing A Line' from Post Traumatic since it does not have a television performance yet.

Tickets for the show have been sold out for months, but if you want to see him play badly enough... you can wait in line before 9am (advised to start lining up at 5-6am) outside The Rockefeller Center for standby tickets for the filming. Good luck!

The show airs at 11:30pm EST on NBC and we will post a video as soon as its online afterward.

Mike headlines another intimate show (500 capacity) at The Gramercy Theater on Wednesday for his East Coast Post Traumatic Album Release Show, which we will be attending. See you there! Mike's tour dates for the album can be found here.

LOL I'm not gonna lie, I thought about Right Now when I first heard that Mike was gonna play The Tonight Show, but c'mon, he's not gonna play that. It would be cool but there's like a 99% chance he won't. He's obviously going to play a song off of Post Traumatic since that's the entire reason he is going on the show, to promote it.

Edited by Geki

RN has 0% chance, face it guys.. It's not a single, it was never played live, it's not a fan favorite.. Why would they do that?

Right Now is actually my second favorite track off of TRT but yeah, you’re right. We know they won’t play it, that’s why I said there’s a 99% chance he won’t play it.

RN has 0% chance, face it guys.. It's not a single, it was never played live, it's not a fan favorite.. Why would they do that?

I wouldn't say it's not a fan favorite, but it's definitely not a fan favorite in the same way that, like, Kenji or APFMH are fan favorites.

Yeah definitely.

You know how The Roots jam random stuff when Fallon comes back from commercial?

Give them something, have Mike up there with them and drop a verse off Post Traumatic haha

It'd be cool if they played teasers of various Mike songs as commercial bumpers throughout the show. Letterman's band used to do that with some of the musical guests he had on the show.

same for me

also: is it me or isn't Mike's guitar audible at all?

Especially at the end of the song I think that only the guitar from The Roots is in the mix.

Whenever Mike's playing, Kirk Douglas is playing the same thing as him. I can hear them both just fine.