Retired Linkin Park Gear Sale

loulax07

Reverb is selling around 183+ used/pre-owned LP items from the past years. It is material they aren't using anymore (nothing from recent years). I'd like to see what you all picked up.
I got:
- Audio-Technica M3R Stereo Receiver 614-647MHz #29157
- Boss FS-5L Latching Foot Switch Midiman Merge 2x2 #29022
- M-Audio Trigger Finger Drum Pad Control Surface USB #29079
- Yamaha DTXtreme IIS Electronic Drum Brain Module #29080
What's cool about the Yamaha is that it's loaded with kits configured for Linkin Park songs mostly covering the first two albums, plus a song or two from Minutes to Midnight. You can see the song titles on its LCD screen still. I'm excited to get this!
I passed on some wireless mics that were around $800 and they still had Mike's & Chester's names on the LCD readouts.
The sale is found here, still some items left.

Edited by Hahninator

i think they're wiping those clean

One of the Neko ad has this in the description.

"This unit is very clean and well-behaved. It includes incredible sounds from Linkin Park's live show, including synth patches, samples, and full set-list patches from various shows!"

They didn't wipe those and they also didn't wipe the drum samplers (Crawling, Numb, etc are on them still). I'd love to know or have the patches and samples from the Neko.

I bought two Joe/Mike samplers, an Akai and a Maschine. I balked at the megaphone at first because it was $350 and it is broken and in bad shape. Then it went ASAP and after listening to WTCFM I think I made the wrong choice lol

The keytar, megaphone and road case went immediately in the first 3~ minutes.

Interested to see what else other people got.

Wish I could of got something, but the previews weren't very good with no prices and not all items shown, i kinda forgot about it and was at work and then all gone! Although I am only learning and getting into making music, so hopefully the went to a better home anyway!

They didn't wipe those and they also didn't wipe the drum samplers (Crawling, Numb, etc are on them still). I'd love to know or have the patches and samples from the Neko.

I bought two Joe/Mike samplers, an Akai and a Maschine. I balked at the megaphone at first because it was $350 and it is broken and in bad shape. Then it went ASAP and after listening to WTCFM I think I made the wrong choice lol

The keytar, megaphone and road case went immediately in the first 3~ minutes.

Interested to see what else other people got.

Im guessing patches and samples till Living Things tour will be available on the Neko.

Does the samplers that you bought comes with samples or they wiped them clean?

I was disappointed that most gear didnt have any names printed on it or labeled. The lavalier mics has a tape on the inside with LP and the year. The handheld mics had Mike and Chesters names still programmed into the alphanumeric of the LED panel which is cool but worried itd be erased somehow. Same with the other machines like the Yamaha i got. I need to read up on it to make sure I dont erase anything!

What's also funny is that they have trailers of gear over the years and this is probably 1/100th of what they have to possibly sell

I would buy Mike's Neko if i have the cash. Really hope whoever buys them will share the samples and synth patches.

I managed to snag a Neko for myself, will definitely be sharing synth patches and samples in some youtube videos, hope LPLive admin sees this, just let me know what you want to see most. :lol:

Reverb is selling around 183+ used/pre-owned LP items from the past years. It is material they aren't using anymore (nothing from recent years). I'd like to see what you all picked up.
I got:
- Audio-Technica M3R Stereo Receiver 614-647MHz #29157
- Boss FS-5L Latching Foot Switch Midiman Merge 2x2 #29022
- M-Audio Trigger Finger Drum Pad Control Surface USB #29079
- Yamaha DTXtreme IIS Electronic Drum Brain Module #29080
What's cool about the Yamaha is that it's loaded with kits configured for Linkin Park songs mostly covering the first two albums, plus a song or two from Minutes to Midnight. You can see the song titles on its LCD screen still. I'm excited to get this!
I passed on some wireless mics that were around $800 and they still had Mike's & Chester's names on the LCD readouts.
The sale is found here, still some items left.

Yooo that is awesome!! I really wanted to get that too but I was limited to either that or the Neko :( still really happy I got the keyboard. So excited to hear you plan on sharing the drum sounds that would be so awesome! :D

Edited by ArmoredMexican

Just got a Moog MP-201 pedal to go with the keyboard and hopefully figure out how to recreate the vocal effects for Fallout, Requiem and Jornada. If anyone knows how to achieve this please let me know, would appreciate the help!

The MP-201 was used for changing/manipulating what effects were controlled by the theremin on New Divide and When They Come for Me (the theremin was also a Moog). I dont think it had anything to do with the keyboard sounds.

The Fallout/Requiem vocal effects were done with the EHX Vocoder pedal that was also sold in the auction.

Edited by Astat

The MP-201 was used for changing/manipulating what effects were controlled by the theremin on New Divide and When They Come for Me (the theremin was also a Moog). I dont think it had anything to do with the keyboard sounds.

The Fallout/Requiem vocal effects were done with the EHX Vocoder pedal that was also sold in the auction.

Thanks Astat, I was wondering I might need the theremin to make it work but oh well, guess I’ll find another use for it lol, I do have a V256 though so I’m trying to recreate any of those effects, not sure if I control it from the keyboard with midi or if it’s stand alone

Not 100% sure but I think he uses MP-201 mainly just to switch synth patches for songs like The Catalyst when he switches from organ synth sounding to grand piano after the breakdown, or Iridescent when he switches from grand piano to electric piano effect on the outro.

You can kinda see him doing that in this video. https://youtu.be/K25snEtllio?t=293

Don't think you would need theremin for New Divide or WTCFM. Starting Living Tours when he stopped using it, he uses the faders or knobs on the top left of the keyboard to control the filter just like what you see him doing here. https://youtu.be/efh1bjAfYBc?t=33

Edited by wark

Not 100% sure but I think he uses MP-201 mainly just to switch synth patches for songs like The Catalyst when he switches from organ synth sounding to grand piano after the breakdown, or Iridescent when he switches from grand piano to electric piano effect on the outro.

You can kinda see him doing that in this video. https://youtu.be/K25snEtllio?t=293

Don't think you would need theremin for New Divide or WTCFM. Starting Living Tours when he stopped using it, he uses the faders or knobs on the top left of the keyboard to control the filter just like what you see him doing here. https://youtu.be/efh1bjAfYBc?t=33

The Living Things tour is when the MP-201 went away as well. It may have been used for changing keyboard patches like you said, but it absolutely was used in conjunction with the theremin as well. Mike used an Etherwave Plus theremin which has specialized inputs for controlling the pitch and/or volume of the effect with an external device (the type of voltage-controlled inputs that are directly related to the types of outputs on the MP-201). You normally need to use both hands to play a theremin because there are two antennae, one for pitch and one for volume. Mike only ever had one hand manipulating one antenna on the theremin when he used it, so he had to be controlling the other one by some other means, which was probably the expression pedal on the MP-201. The output of the theremin then presumably was routed back through the MP-201 and ultimately connected to the keyboard rig in some way so Mike could control what synth sounds the theremin was manipulating, since it wasn't producing the "traditional" sound a theremin makes.

Alright guys, this turned out to be a disappointing day. I got the keyboard, turned it on and ran the software but the files were missing. I called up Techno Empire and they said they were told to wipe all the keyboards clean days before the sale went live but they didn't update the description to reflect that. So I have no patches or sounds at all.

Aaand I'd be pretty pissed. Up to you, but I'd get a refund and send it back as the sole reason I'd buy that is to get the samples. Wow.

My stuff arrived today, need to unpack it from the actual boxes. Some (unused) samplers with no samples. I got one LP/30STM VIP pass and one "LP Everything Else" backstage sign.

Aaand I'd be pretty pissed. Up to you, but I'd get a refund and send it back as the sole reason I'd buy that is to get the samples. Wow.

My stuff arrived today, need to unpack it from the actual boxes. Some (unused) samplers with no samples. I got one LP/30STM VIP pass and one "LP Everything Else" backstage sign.

Same here but I got a crap ton of freebies/signs/passes, etc

Some photos. Can anyone tell if that's MIke's handwriting in silver sharpie on the power supply? Looks like it a little. The "M" looks like his.

Notice "21 Stitches" .

I'm unsure what "Holla" is for?

Also showing the freebies I got.

Is there anyway to save all of these settings/beats to a card in case the unit gets reset somehow?

post-126825-0-18618200-1523655813_thumb.jpg

post-126825-0-68985300-1523655832_thumb.jpg

post-126825-0-98625100-1523655862_thumb.jpg

post-126825-0-09302500-1523655981_thumb.jpg

post-126825-0-08954900-1523656048_thumb.jpg

post-126825-0-13000700-1523656159_thumb.jpg

post-126825-0-61800800-1523656171_thumb.jpg

post-126825-0-32001800-1523656196_thumb.jpg

Edited by loulax07

Same here but I got a crap ton of freebies/signs/passes, etc

Some photos. Can anyone tell if that's MIke's handwriting in silver sharpie on the power supply? Looks like it a little. The "M" looks like his.

Notice "21 Stitches" .

I'm unsure what "Holla" is for?

Also showing the freebies I got.

Is there anyway to save all of these settings/beats to a card in case the unit gets reset somehow?

You'd need to get your hands on a SmartMedia flash card and a computer with a port that can read it, but unless there's already one inside the unit, it might be pointless. From what I understand, the DTXtreme II doesn't actually store sounds on board, it pulls them from a media card and the settings stored on the display are just for recall purposes when you use the same media card with the Auto Load feature. So you might have the presets but unless there's a card in there, there likely aren't any sounds.

This might have some useful info: https://www.yamahadtx.com/resource-categories/item/317-sampling-on-a-dtxtreme-iis-dtxt2su

Edited by Astat