Mike to perform at LoveLoud Festival on July 28

hahninator

The Shinoda hype train hasn't stopped yet. Mike's bringing the Post Traumatic Tour to an important stop: the LoveLoud Fest in Salt Lake City, Utah on July 28! The show will take place at Rice-Eccles Stadium and will include Imagine Dragons, Zedd, and more. An LPU presale will occur on April 4th.

The LoveLoud Fest was founded last year by Imagine Dragons' Dan Reynolds. The purpose of the festival is "to help ignite the relevant and vital conversation of what it means to unconditionally love, understand, accept, and support LGBTQ+ youth in an effort to keep families together." Given how emotionally important Post Traumatic is to Mike, it only makes sense that he spreads the message in a place that also holds a lot of emotional weight.

The boys of Imagine Dragons were truly devastated by the loss of Chester, and have become friends with Mike over the past few months, so the invite is only natural. Reynolds recently pledged to Talinda's 320 Changes Direction foundation on Chester's birthday.

For those in Utah who've been waiting to see the band, this is a great opportunity. The last time Linkin Park performed in Utah was in 2011 on the A Thousand Suns North American Tour in Salt Lake City. Hopefully this only one of many stops Mike will make across the United States (and the rest of the world) as he begins piecing the whole Post Traumatic Tour together.

Anyone planning on going? Mike's first show will be taking place on May 12 in Los Angeles, California at Identity LA. As of now, this show is scheduled to be the second one he performs at. In August, he'll be performing at Japan's Summer Sonic festival before heading to England for Reading and Leeds (or, as well all know them, Re-Leeds and Leading).

Mike Shinoda's debut album Post Traumatic is out on June 15. Be sure to pre-order it! If you want Mike to come to YOUR city, make sure you sign up on WeDemand and demand a show - more info here. Follow us on Twitter for the latest Mike Shinoda and Linkin Park news!

Check out the rest of Mike Shinoda's touring schedule here.

Cool that there is an LPU presale.

$130 before fees for this, what an absolute joke. Imagine Dragons really must think they are something. I know it's for charity but imagine if LP threw an event like this. LP isn't even that much for a GA ticket for their tour.

Cool that there is an LPU presale.

$130 before fees for this, what an absolute joke. Imagine Dragons really must think they are something. I know it's for charity but imagine if LP threw an event like this. LP isn't even that much for a GA ticket for their tour.

Definitely very cool that there is an LPU pre sale. I was literally thinking last night whether Mike will use the LPU at all through the PT promotional period.

To be fair to Dan & Imagine Dragons, they're currently still at their peak with their most recent album having three top 40 hits, and having Sucker For Pain before that. Zedd is still very much a top 40 artist as well with his last three singles being top 40 hits too.

In perspective, the last time LP came to New Zealand was for LIVING THINGS which had one top 40 single here. They played one show that (from memory) didn't sell out and cost more than $130.

I don't listen to Imagine Dragons OR Zedd, but just putting a different perspective on things.

I would only pay 130 before fees if somehow I was able to see a LP show from PR04 in real time. That's some Hybrid Theory and Meteora Tour ticket prices that are worthy of that price right there and LP didn't charge nearly as much during those eras at all. Imagine Dragons must be crazy

Don’t forget that concerts are more expensive in general. In the past, artist made their money by selling millions of records so peo Me got to see e.g. AC/DC for like 30€. Nowadays no one really cares about record sales so they make their money at concerts and in this case it is for a good reason.

And that’s why I always said that even if LP would charge prices like Guns n Roses or Metallic, I could understand it since they are not a small band etc.

I've seen Imagine Dragons three times over the last 5 years, and two of those times I was fortunate enough to have been able to go for free. I was looking at tickets for an amphitheater show they're playing near me and damn the prices were ridiculous.

In their defense, like Todd said a few posts above, they're riding their peak right now plus there's several big names on the lineup. I know ID has elaborate production with every tour AND, for the sake of the argument, considering this festival is run by Reynolds himself, I'm sure there's a big cost of production that comes with that, too - you don't see cheap day/weekend passes to festivals anymore either.

Not a fan of the price but I can understand it. And if its going towards a good cause, I respect it nonetheless. I wouldn't buy the tickets myself, but hey, for those who do, I hope they get their money's worth. In my experience, ID is an amazing live band, so I'm sure they'll put on a great show.

There is a difference between sharing your opinion and or showing deep hate against certain groups...And by the way, there is no "right opinion" in a democratic country...And the argument that this is just "your opinion" is one of the worst in a constitutional state. The way you wrote your "opinion" is rather a punishable act than a "right opinion"--

To start a trip back to the main topic, I state that I'm looking forward to more show announcements and I'm really curious how the setlist will look, especially since Mike will perform by himself, he can change the set like he wants and maybe ask the fans what he should play (He did that for the Berlin show, where he made a poll of like 4 songs and one of them, he played).

Supporting LGBTQ is not normal. They should support normal family which contains father, mother and children. This is a love, this should be supported, not sexual deviations.

I just cant let this slip by (+ it is kinda on topic), so:

ROGUE EDIT: I'm allowing this post because it's balanced and I see it as an important explanation. This should be the end of the discussion.

You are arguing that LGBTQ is not normal, may I even say "not natural"? Because that is what you clearly imply here. "Not normal" is a pretty bold and easy way to justify ones orpressive point of view. But it's not just an opinion because it is rooted in irrationality. An opinion has to have some solid backing and a thought process behind it. "Because it's not normal" is no such thing; I'm afraid. That is a major problem with a lot of "opinions" out there in general.

1. You are living a "not normal" life. Everything about mankind these days is that way. It is "not normal" to live 80 years, drive a car, having a warm appartment to live in, obtaining your food in a supermarket or even (and especially) the use of protection when having sex. But we are having all these things because of advancements in technology and science. Advancements as a civilization. And now here you are, putting the brakes on social advancement because (let's be grown up here) you don't like the LGBTQ community. Using "not normal"/"not natural" is just one of these poor arguments made to bring a point across. You clearly are not concerned about "normalness" in your everyday life as pointed out above, only in this case (feel free to correct me) to justify your view around others.

2. Life itself is "not normal" because everything can get created (not refering to god here...). The fact that LGBTQ individuums are existing is because they were born this way. It is in fact natural because it happens through nature. You can't choose to live this way, I hope you at least understand that by now. The way you feel about the opposite sex (meaning: attraction) is the same for homosexual people - in their case just for the same sex. You on the other hand can't say "I'm into my own sex now" because you simply don't feel that way. It's the same for them.

3. You are right when you say that it needs a man and a woman to create new life. But let me ask you this: What is more important? Having two loving caring people raise a child or just make sure it's man and woman? There are probably some people on here that suffered because one (or even both) parent(s) didn't show them love and care. The main flaw in your thought process is that men don't equal each other and the same goes for women. There are a plethora of attributes to each person and while it is possibly true that certain characteristics are more frequent in one sex than the other, it is not a given. Far from it. A child doesn't care for its "parents" as long as they show love and care. What sexes those parents have is secondary, but it gets primary because of people like you who are discriminating them in public. That's the only problem a child raised by same sex parents has to face: people like you. People who would deny an orphan a loving pair of parents because they are neither man nor woman.

4. The saddest part is your position against a whole community. If a person attacks you physically or mentally then it is only "normal" to not be so keen on them. But you are shooting against a whole group of people that (probably) haven't done a thing to you in any way. That is the second time you subliminaly reveal your discriminative nature.

5 Lastly, I'm not proposing that everything that happened in the LGBTQ context was right or should be done this way again. But as I mentioned before, it is called evolution. There will always be mishaps along the way of that. I mean, we are not here because mankind developed on an easy and steady route throughout its history, right? But it is not tolerable to go against a whole group of people just because of one of their attributes (sexual orientation or beliefs or whatever) as long as they are decent human beings by behaviour. The world of yesteryear doesn't exist anymore because we went on.

Now don't misunderstand me. I know by experience how this goes and I didn't write all this for you. I wrote it for everyone else who is reading these forums and might have a tendency to fall for this easy, black and white, discriminating way of thinking. Please, think about stuff longer and more in depth rather than to fall for the easiest justification for your own irrationality. The world needs this now.

Edited by RogueSoul

• 3 months later...