Linkin Park 2018 GRAMMY Submissions

RogueSoul

A leaked list of the 2018 GRAMMY Awards submissions have revealed that Linkin Park's 'One More Light' (as well as the album One More Light) have been submitted for an award. The following have been submitted for an award:

Song Of The Year: 'One More Light'

Record Of The Year: 'One More Light'

Album Of The Year: One More Light

Check out the full list of submissions here.

Note: Submissions does not mean nomination. The artists and music nominated will be officially revealed on January 28, 2018.

Should Linkin Park win the nomination, this'll be the band's first GRAMMY Nomination since they were nominated in 2010 for Best Hard Rock Performance for the live version of 'What I've Done.' They have previously won the Best Hard Rock Performance award in 2002 for 'Crawling' and Best Rap/Sung Collaboration for 'Numb/Encore' with Jay-Z in 2006. Overall, they have been nominated for 7 GRAMMY awards, winning two of them.

Would you like to see the band win a GRAMMY award in 2018? They are currently in contention for the Favorite Alternative Rock Artist for the American Music Awards against Twenty One Pilots and Imagine Dragons (though looking at the announcement tweet, it looks like everyone - even fans of the other bands - are supporting LP for the award). You can vote for that award here and posting on social media.

Be sure to follow us on social media too on Twitter and Facebook. The long-awaited Hollywood Bowl show is this Friday, October 27 - if you're going, be sure to meet us outside the venue before the show for our meetup! If you're not, you can watch at home via the YouTube livestream.

They probably will not get any nominations out of that but if they do get nominated then for Song of The Year. Even though it does not fit to the rest of the mainstream bullshit(My Opinion), it really sends a message and OML has such a depth, probably no other song in this list has.

Best Record and Album is way too much in my opinion.

Edited by LinkInThePark

3 hours later... finished editing the rest of the submissions in the link lmao. Goddamn that took forever.

The way I'd see the categories winning (at least, how I'd prefer it to come down) would be like this:

AOTY:

• Linkin Park - One More Light
  • Lady Gaga - Joanne
  • Childish Gambino - "Awaken, My Love!"
  • Kendrick Lamar - DAMN.
  • Ed Sheeran - Divide
  • Lorde - Melodrama

ROTY:

• Imagine Dragons - 'Thunder'
  • Miley Cyrus - 'Malibu'
  • Harry Styles - 'Sign Of The Times'
  • Kendrick Lamar - 'HUMBLE.'
  • Ed Sheeran - 'Shape Of You'
  • Logic ft. Alessia Cara, Khalid - '1-800-273-8255'

SOTY:

• Linkin Park - 'One More Light'
  • Kendrick Lamar - 'HUMBLE.'
  • Childish Gambino - 'Redbone'
  • Jay-Z - '4:44'
  • Imagine Dragons - 'Thunder'
  • Harry Styles - 'Sign Of The Times'

The GRAMMYs is the biggest circlejerk of musical popularity ever, so I wouldn't be surprised if they throw LP in there just because they know all of their fans will watch and thus they'll get more ratings. Doubt they'll win AOTY but maybe SOTY if they see enough people talking about it lol.

AOTY... not sure if I agree with it being the best album of the year. I didn't enjoy the album at all and I thought there were tons of other great releases this year that were much better and more deserving of the award for that. Maybe they will get SOTY. But even then, I'm not sure. We will see. I'll probably vote for LP if they are included just because but I might not vote for them for album of the year.

Good news but I never cared much about Grammys, I mean Kanye West won 21 of them while Muse won like 2... they are a joke

It'd be a great way to honor Chester and the band. At the same time, I don't care for the Grammys anyway

I can only agree. Grammys are almost like the MTV Music Awards or AMA's. As much as I'd love LP to get nominated and win something, it's most likey that they don't get any nomination in these catagories, because they are "old" or whatever

LP won't get nominated anyway no matter what the category is. They are not trendy in any way and OML's critical reception was,to put it lightly,"weak". These are the 2 reasons that any artist gets nominated in the first place.

Edited by Gigito1995

LP won't get nominated anyway no matter what the category is. They are not trendy in any way and OML's critical reception was,to put it lightly,"weak". These are the 2 reasons that any artist gets nominated in the first place.

I think OML song could get nominated because of Chester s death but winning is really hard, as you said OML was terribly received by critics and wasn t a bummer in terms of commercial success, it just performed fine. Considering that the last nomination they received was for WID back in 2008 when they were still big AF now the chances of nominations are few and chances of win are like none

I think OML song could get nominated because of Chester s death but winning is really hard, as you said OML was terribly received by critics and wasn t a bummer in terms of commercial success, it just performed fine. Considering that the last nomination they received was for WID back in 2008 when they were still big AF now the chances of nominations are few and chances of win are like none

I mean you are absolutely right but I think that only way OML would have stood chance is If it was submitted in the alternative/rock category. All alternative and rock albums have been a huge flop this year aside from Gorillaz, Foos, Imagine and LP of course so I guess that might have worked to their advantage.