Time Capsule

Geki

Original lyrics for Too Late? Where can I find them?

Can't seem to find the exact source right now, but maybe someone else can. It was taken from a screenshot of a lyric sheet of Too Late from one of the LPTV-LPUTV episodes about DBS. I found a post I made years back with what was on the sheet, though.

''My heart is empty ----, My head is full of death ----, The path I've chosen to bring ----, I've tried to claw my way out ----''

I've also found a line from the original version of Fire, it was taken from a DBS interview back in 2009, not sure the exact source.

''There’s a fire in our hearts that’s the reason why the tears keep falling, to put out the fires that our hearts are starting''

I also found lyrics to the original version of End Of The World. Once again, it was taken from a random screenshot from the DBS LPTV footage stuff, can't find the original post now. But I found an old thread in which I wrote them, and I asked Ryan about them in 2012, he said they were from the original version of End Of The World.

''Do you believe in life after death, Without any pain or disease, Do you believe that faith is a test, The greatest truth can't be seen, Do you believe those who suffer are blessed, They know the true meaning of life''

Then there is of course the My Suffering original version which we heard at Club Tattoo 2008, just not one has ever been able to make out the lyrics because the recording wasn't good. Still decent enough, though.

I'm thinking Let Down and Walking In Circles probably kept the same lyrics for the most part, since they were performed in 2005 (Let Down) and 2008 (Walking In Circles, same show as the original My Suffering was performed). I think if Walking In Circles had original lyrics that were different, they would have played the song that way, like they did with My Suffering, being the same show and all. Let Down did have a very minor lyrical change, though. During the chorus in the 2005 performance, Chester sang ''I don't wanna live my life again'' each time instead of ''I don't wanna live THAT live again''. Very minor difference, the only one, but it's still more dark in a way, IMO.

Since Inside Of Me and Condemned were written in late 2008/2009, there probably isn't a real original version of those, as they probably kept the lyrics originally intended, as they were written literally during the recording sessions for Out Of Ashes.

That leaves CBI, GMYN, Into You and ITD, which may have had early original versions that were different.

Morning After and 20 Eyes, while not album tracks, we know the original versions for, since we heard Morning After live in 2001 and 20 Eyes is just a Misfits cover.

Edited by Geki

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybodys TC arrive in their mailbox yet? I only ask out of sheer envy lol plus it'll be a while longer for overseas like myself

EDIT: I got mine in the mail. The packaging is really cool, I like it a lot. I haven't had time to listen to the CD's yet as I've been busy all day, but I am going to listen to them soon (I'm not uploading anything from them - sorry). My name appears in the founders too, which is awesome. Nice little note about Chester from Ryan, too. Really respect him for it. Overall - as far as packing - this product is top notch. I wish LP could do something like it. You can tell Julien-K loves their fans and that's why we have this product, they really actually give a shit, unlike a lot of big bands. I'll post my thoughts on the music once I listen to all the CD's.

Edited by Geki

Just got mine too. Saw your name in the Founders Geki, that's cool, noticed it ASAP and also saw Wesley Carlos from LP Brazil.

Product packaging is REALLY good, they went above and beyond on making this an exclusive product that is just put together extremely well. They did the photo collage too on the inside, which has a great pic of Chester. It was like what LP did with OML Live packaging but the JK product was way into development by then lol.

So much music that it will take me a while to go through it all. Love what I hear so far. Wastelander is a great one. Lots of 2004-2005 era stuff which also is an awesome era of JK. There is a ton of music so it will be weeks to dissect it all lol. LP needs to do something like this.

Just got mine too. Saw your name in the Founders Geki, that's cool, noticed it ASAP and also saw Wesley Carlos from LP Brazil.

Product packaging is REALLY good, they went above and beyond on making this an exclusive product that is just put together extremely well. They did the photo collage too on the inside, which has a great pic of Chester. It was like what LP did with OML Live packaging but the JK product was way into development by then lol.

So much music that it will take me a while to go through it all. Love what I hear so far. Wastelander is a great one. Lots of 2004-2005 era stuff which also is an awesome era of JK. There is a ton of music so it will be weeks to dissect it all lol. LP needs to do something like this.

Yeah, that photo collage idea is pretty simlar to OML and even MTM special edition as well (the book with the CD/DVD). I like it. I haven't listened to it all yet either, it is a lot of music. It's all pretty much good, IMO. If you like Julien-K, you will like the package. Shows a lot of their process for their albums, IMO. I like that we got HQ versions of stuff like Everyone Knows, The Hunting, and more. The Hunting has a new mix and it's pretty awesome. But all the unreleased stuff is cool as well. I love the Casper 2007 set. I like the entire package, really. I agree that LP should do something like it. They could do it in a way that honors Chester and they could put it together in a really cool way, I think that would be great. I know a lot of fans would like it.