Posthumous Releases?

lpliveusername

Dead By Sunrise has released its first statement since vocalist Chester Bennington's death. Part of it says:

"We will continue to use this page and all Dead By Sunrise social sites to continue to honor Chester and the work we did together, we will keep you guys updated on what were doing and stay close, we will always look for ways to share unreleased music and more when we feel its right."

You can read the full statement on their Facebook page.

Before its release in 2009, Dead By Sunrise's sole studio album Out Of Ashes had been a long time in the making. Throughout the process, we've seen teasers with titles that ended up not making the album: Hard Life, Introutro, Instrumental, Wall Of Sound, Split Personality, Evil Twin and even a rendition of Misfits' 20 Eyes. Since then, Chester had been dedicating himself to Linkin Park and other projects, discontinuing Dead By Sunrise. Now, after so many years, it looks like some of those songs might finally be seeing the light of day.

We would like to take this opportunity to talk about other things Chester worked on which are potentially coming out in the future:

• Back in 2012, Linkin Park collaborated with DJ Fresh on a song for an album which still hasn't been released;
  • Mike Baczor's (Her0) debut album will supposedly feature a track with Mike and Chester;
  • Back in April, Chester recorded a song featuring screams for Mark Morton's solo album;
  • Mike and Chester had just been in the studio with Watsky;
  • Julien-K's Time Capsule, coming out in October, will include 2 live tracks featuring Chester;
  • Grey Daze had been working on a remaster of their 1997 album ...No Sun Today which was due to later this year;
  • Linkin Park still haven't officially released their lyric video and live video of Talking To Myself;
  • Just before Chester's passing, he also took part in a Carpool Karaoke shooting with Ken Jeong. The episode has since been postponed with James Corden saying whether or not the episode will be aired is up to Chester's family.

Let's not forget Linkin Park Underground's annual compilation of demos and outtakes which has provided fans with so many amazing vocal performances by Chester over the years, such as Across The Line, What We Don't Know, Slip, Primo and TooLeGit; and we do know they still have quite a few left in their vault. From demos of songs that made the albums (Figure.09 with singing verses, Powerless longform demo, Blackout freestyle) and Chester's vocal takes of songs sung by Mike (No Roads Left, In Between, Invisible) to unfinished demos (Fire In The City, Chicken Basket, the "thoughts that take away my pride" demo) and songs that didn't make the albums (Pictureboard, One More Light outtakes), the possibilities of what could be included in the next LPU album are endless. Maybe even tracks from Chester's audition tape or unreleased Reanimation remixes. Whatever the band choose, we're sure it will be something really special to honor Chester.

EDIT: Chester has been featured in an episode of Shahs Of Sunset titled "The Art of Deflection" that aired on September 10. The footage was filmed in late 2016.

EDIT: Changed my view on this. Like I said before, I really hope we get some of this. A lot of it is stuff I've wanted for many years, especially the DBS stuff. And don't forget there is a ton of stuff with STP that Chester wrote in 2013-2015 that never came out, too. That Mark Morton song is probably sick as hell, I want that so badly.

Edited by Geki

I think we can also expect some live audio or video album from last tour with Chester. It can be very successful commercially (we know at least 4-5 shows were filmed and probably audio from all shows recorded) and interesting as historic artefact. So, it's great opportunity for recording company.

I think we can also expect some live audio or video album from last tour with Chester. It can be very successful commercially (we know at least 4-5 shows were filmed and probably audio from all shows recorded) and interesting as historic artefact. So, it's great opportunity for recording company.

I mean Download Festival 2014 with HT front to back would be epic to get this on a DVD or so

Edited by LinkInThePark

Also, I'm almost 100% certain Chester is on the final version of Waiting For Tomorrow. The leak seems to only have Mike.

You can hear a bit of the updated acapella he showed early this year and you can definitely hear what seems to be Chester's voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGdmUQj9k7Q

Edit: I really hope he didn't change his mind, but he said it was gonna be released soon. That was back in June.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ1IgggDE74

https://twitter.com/martingarrix/status/865619407782920192?lang=en

Edited by Broman

I'd love that, they made Frat Party, LIT, RTR, Madrid, and then just stopped making DVDs, kinda missed those.

Now I am very curious for LP's studio material, they probably have enough songs with Chester for another 3-4 full albums. Also curious how another LPU will look like or will it continue at all? shirt with Chester? Keychain or guitar pick with him? That would be kinda weird.

Now I am very curious for LP's studio material, they probably have enough songs with Chester for another 3-4 full albums. Also curious how another LPU will look like or will it continue at all? shirt with Chester? Keychain or guitar pick with him? That would be kinda weird.

LPU will continue to exist, no way they drop the fanclub IMO. A cool idea is to make the entire CD this year focused on Chester. Subscriptions would EXPLODE. Before that, my idea was to do the NYC Subway Set (Acoustic) + OML from Kimmel at the end. Epic.

LP has a ton of studio material to go on after this WITH Chester, indeed. We will see how they use it. I'm talking hours and hours of Chester vocals. I don't think they'd put it on the next album but you never know.

They could release the scrap album they did before Meteora, seeds from Minutes to Midnight. But i'm sure, some of it will release in recent years. WB surely making money from it. Just look at Queen, Michael Jackson, and more.

I think most of that scrapped Meteora album were just the demos that we have been getting since LPU 9 from Meteora, we have basically a full album with all of them at this point, I think there's like 11. But maybe there were more. I think a lot of them had the vocals removed from them.

Seeds from Minutes To Midnight, I'd love to have. But a lot of the seeds may not feature Chester. I remember they whittled down the 150 songs to about 50 songs, and then down to like 20, etc. I would say anything from the 50 that made it would be cool to have, and a lot of them were probably worked on more, likely to have Chester. Another interesting thought is that all the band members wrote songs for MTM, something they didn't do with later albums, etc. I bet there are some good songs that Chester actually wrote for MTM, that would be a cool way to honor him.

If they really wanted to be awesome and give us something we've always wanted with Chester, just give us that Thoughts That Take Away My Pride demo from Meteora, the completed version, with vocals, etc. I think it's time to finally just release that, and I highly doubt it has a sample issue like Pictureboard. Fuck it. Now is a good time to give it to us. Also some other stuff like the original version of Powerless, etc.

Edited by Geki

We don't TECHNICALLY know the future of LP yet (even though we are 99.9% sure they are continuing on...look at Japan, they could have said "all future touring is canceled" but they haven't said a word about it/dates are still on the website and the promoters are still selling tickets AFTER saying "the shows are a go, update soon") so it might be a little too soon but I expect 2018 to be full of this type of stuff.

I have no doubt the 2005 Snow White Tan/Dead By Sunrise acoustic demos are great. LP has hours of material, no doubt on that either.

I feel kind of bad talking about stuff I want to hear from him now only one month later. I'm fine if this stuff takes a while to come out because it isn't at the forefront of my mind. I am positive LP will honor him in the best way possible (and include Talinda on any decisions, she's pretty damn classy towards the LP fanbase and so is WBR). We will get some stuff in due time. Later this year or 2018. I think one LPU CD dedicated to him is great. I'm fine with whatever they do, I respect any decisions by any of these artists.

We don't TECHNICALLY know the future of LP yet (even though we are 99.9% sure they are continuing on...look at Japan, they could have said "all future touring is canceled" but they haven't said a word about it/dates are still on the website and the promoters are still selling tickets AFTER saying "the shows are a go, update soon") so it might be a little too soon but I expect 2018 to be full of this type of stuff.

I have no doubt the 2005 Snow White Tan/Dead By Sunrise acoustic demos are great. LP has hours of material, no doubt on that either.

I feel kind of bad talking about stuff I want to hear from him now only one month later. I'm fine if this stuff takes a while to come out because it isn't at the forefront of my mind. I am positive LP will honor him in the best way possible (and include Talinda on any decisions, she's pretty damn classy towards the LP fanbase and so is WBR). We will get some stuff in due time. Later this year or 2018. I think one LPU CD dedicated to him is great. I'm fine with whatever they do, I respect any decisions by any of these artists.

It is too soon, but everyone grieves differently. Me, for example, I've been playing basically everything with Chester since he passed. In fact, the very first song that I put on after finding out Chester had passed was ''Let Down'' by DBS. It was painful but it helped me, because I personally can really feel the pain in Chester's voice in that one, among other songs. I want to celebrate him for everything he has done for me in my life, as well as the world, because there are tons and tons of people just like us out there that he affected. I don't work well not talking about it, or not letting my emotions out, etc. I have to let it out or it consumes me...

Edited by Geki

• 2 weeks later...

I think aside from the unreleased material it would be cool to release a compilation with all the singles. I know we've heard it all a thousand times but it would feel like closing a cycle, and surely it would be good for the label, so yeah. It would work well as a dualdisc release.

Edited by Kilmer

I have been thinking a lot about posthumous releases, even though it feels weird since the rest of the band is still alive. and since verything is so uncertain. I caught myself becoming rather obsessed with listening to everything that has Chester's vocals and it comforts me, even the more rawer LPU demo songs that I wasn't fond of have been on massive repeat.

I even find it odd to type it out, but this is really an end of an era, and I like the ideas people put up. A LPU CD dedicated to him would be cool, I am not even a big fan of Greatest Hits or Singles Collections, but I wouldn't mind one to happen at one point. I know we have all the stuff already, but it would be nice to have a compilation where we have everything from One Step Closer to Breaking The Habit to Given Up to New Divide to currently Talking To Myself on one release.

I have been thinking a lot about posthumous releases, even though it feels weird since the rest of the band is still alive. and since verything is so uncertain. I caught myself becoming rather obsessed with listening to everything that has Chester's vocals and it comforts me, even the more rawer LPU demo songs that I wasn't fond of have been on massive repeat.

I even find it odd to type it out, but this is really an end of an era, and I like the ideas people put up. A LPU CD dedicated to him would be cool, I am not even a big fan of Greatest Hits or Singles Collections, but I wouldn't mind one to happen at one point. I know we have all the stuff already, but it would be nice to have a compilation where we have everything from One Step Closer to Breaking The Habit to Given Up to New Divide to currently Talking To Myself on one release.

Damn, I would love a ten track LPU album full of demos dedicated to Chester.

• 2 weeks later...