Xero Hunting Vol.2: The Search for "Rhinestone [The Crow Version]"

SerioDrew

Following the discoveries of Xero tracks Drop & Fiends & Closing and a previous Xero Hunting I decided to continue digging some more into Xero era undiscovered matterial. Of course the first thing that came to my mind which we already have a lead is Rhinestone (aka Forgotten) [The Crow Version] as i like to call it. It is actually an alternative recording of the song, still with Mark Wakefield on vocals which was used for the 20th episode of the Canadian TV show The Crow: Stairway to Heaven, entitled Brother's Keeper, which aired on May 7, 1999. However this version of the song was not included in the soundtrack of the TV series and has never been found.

Crow_stairway_titles.jpg

In layman's terms, I want to use the lead we have in order to locate the missing version of the song which was first discovered by LPLive back in 2010. However, I can't do that alone so I need some people to work with me on it see how far our clue can take us. If you want to join me in this hunt all you have to do is send me a private message.

linkin_park___xero__album__by_puguhshino

Notes:
-About the song: Rhinestone is the demo version of Forgotten, the first version of Rhinestone was included in Xero Sampler Tape with Mark Wakefield on vocals but later it got reworked with Chester and renamed to Forgotten for Hybrid Theory.
-About the show:
The Crow Stairway to Heaven is a Canadian supernatural drama television series which originally aired from September 25, 1998 to May 22, 1999, consisting of 22 episodes.

Bonus: the audio file from the part of the song used in the series is included.
RHINESTONE THE CROW VERSION.mp3

Off Topic: I also work on something alike for Hollywood Undead if anyone is interested.

Edited by SerioDrew

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Following the discoveries of Xero tracks Drop & Fiends & Closing and a previous Xero Hunting I decided to continue digging some more into Xero era undiscovered matterial. Of course the first thing that came to my mind which we already have a lead is Rhinestone (aka Forgotten) [The Crow Version] as i like to call it. It is actually an alternative recording of the song, still with Mark Wakefield on vocals which was used for the 20th episode of the Canadian TV show The Crow: Stairway to Heaven, entitled Brother's Keeper, which aired on May 7, 1999. However this version of the song was not included in the soundtrack of the TV series and has never been found.

Crow_stairway_titles.jpg

In layman's terms, I want to use the lead we have in order to locate the missing version of the song which was first discovered by LPLive back in 2010. However, I can't do that alone so I need some people to work with me on it see how far our clue can take us. If you want to join me in this hunt all you have to do is send me a private message.

linkin_park___xero__album__by_puguhshino

Notes:

-About the song: Rhinestone is the demo version of Forgotten, the first version of Rhinestone was included in Xero Sampler Tape with Mark Wakefield on vocals but later it got reworked with Chester and renamed to Forgotten for Hybrid Theory.

-About the show: The Crow Stairway to Heaven is a Canadian supernatural drama television series which originally aired from September 25, 1998 to May 22, 1999, consisting of 22 episodes.

Bonus: the audio file from the part of the song used in the series is included.

attachicon.gifRHINESTONE THE CROW VERSION.mp3

Count me in! I'll help to try to find it...

I can't thank you enough for the three other Xero tracks you helped bring to the masses and if this is successful as well that would be fucking awesome. I'm not sure what help I can offer but with how diligently everyone tracked down Closing I'm sure we'll see this come to light at some point.

if anyone is wondering how we are gonna roll i've made a list of names from people associated with the show who could have such thing and its a good place to start from, of course i'll constantly be expanding the list in order to increase the chances.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I was on this project. This fell off to the side when Chester died, I was going to make phone calls but never did... I've been real depressed and haven't had much will to do anything. I'll get to this soon I promise

same goes for me, with Chester's passing the project didnt move forward, however i'm ready to make it happen atm if people are willing to join me

Isn't it from the Xero tape?

No, this is an entirely different version. It probably sounds around the same in terms of structure but this version is significantly higher quality and overall just sounds better, judging by the clip.

I've always wondered though, how did a Xero song end up on a Canadian TV show of all things?

Yeah i wonder as well, it could be answered along the way of this hunt though

Isn't it from the Xero tape?

Answered you in detail in ur question in reddit :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

same goes for me, with Chester's passing the project didnt move forward, however i'm ready to make it happen atm if people are willing to join me

how do yall go abt finding this stuff. i also have in intrest in looking for this kinda stuff have no clue how tho. i wanna mostly hear other Hybrid Theory Demo promos and xero songs

how do yall go abt finding this stuff. i also have in intrest in looking for this kinda stuff have no clue how tho. i wanna mostly hear other Hybrid Theory Demo promos and xero songs

The main concept in this hunt was to make contact with people working in the series back then associated with music/sound etc. I've made a list myself with about 30 people along with their contact info. The project kinda died twice though. The first time it didn't move forward cause of Chester's passing. The second one started about November and the team stopped contacting in Christmas. I don't think I'm gonna revive the project for a third time except if many people wanna participate and are really willing to help out. Unfortunately people don't find this as exciting as I do.

The main concept in this hunt was to make contact with people working in the series back then associated with music/sound etc. I've made a list myself with about 30 people along with their contact info. The project kinda died twice though. The first time it didn't move forward cause of Chester's passing. The second one started about November and the team stopped contacting in Christmas. I don't think I'm gonna revive the project for a third time except if many people wanna participate and are really willing to help out. Unfortunately people don't find this as exciting as I do.

You know I'm always willing, I apologize for letting time get the best of me, I started school and with Christmas I was just trying to pick up the shattered pieces from 2017, which is why I've kinda been off the grid...