2017.06.24 - Scheeßel, DE - Hurricane Festival

Two things are certain in this world: 1) pre-show posts will always be late and 2) Linkin Park will return to Germany. Back for their second German show on the One More Light European Tour, Linkin Park are performing at the Hurricane Festival in Scheeßel (how on Earth do you say this), Germany.

Typically, this second paragraph is where we put a history of the band's previous performances in a city or country. Not today, for two shocking reasons: for one, this is one of the mythical cities in Germany that Linkin Park hasn't played a show in, and Germany has so many shows played in it that this paragraph would end up being a novel. A few quick stats you might enjoy, though: this is the band's second show in the state of Niedersachsen (Lower Saxony), with the other being Hannover 2008, and this will be the band's 58th full show in Germany (that's not counting any promo performances). Yes, I had to go count that by hand.

The band returning to Germany means good things - for us! Not at this show, but at the Hurricane Festival's sister festival, the Southside Festival, there will be a livestream! Linkin Park will be playing that festival the day after this show (so, tomorrow), so make sure your calendar is cleared for June 25. We'll have more information about it on the day it happens.

A Linkin Park concert and Germany are essentially synonymous at this point, but it has come with its legendary moments. Here's a show everyone knows and loves - Rock am Ring 2004, featuring a big intro of 'Don't Stay' with the Gacela Intro and a bunch of other goodies like 'From The Inside' and the Hip-Hop Medley with parts of 'Step Up,' 'Nobody's Listening,' and 'It's Goin' Down.'

The band's show was ironically almost the opposite of this show. Instead of the band performing in a country they always play it, they played in a country that has been dry from Linkin Park shows in recent years. The band visited Madrid, Spain for the first time in seven years, performing at the inaugural Download Madrid. A pretty solid setlist for a big return! 'Somewhere I Belong' returned to the heavy rotation slot for the first time since the second show of the tour in Prague. Mike rapped verse one of 'It's Goin' Down' over the ending of 'Castle Of Glass,' and also said "fuck this, every setlist this tour will be different" and [quietly] rapped verse two of 'When They Come For Me' over the jam piano intro of 'Heavy.' 2017, the year where 'Castle Of Glass' has been mashed up with 'A Place For My Head' and 'Heavy' has been mashed up with 'When They Come For Me.' Next thing you know, 'In Between' with 'QWERTY' as an intro will be in the setlist!

Unfortunately, there's no video of the 'Heavy' with the 'When They Come For Me' intro yet (maybe we'll see it happen at this show too and get a video then?), but here's a video of the lovely piano version of 'Crawling.'

Hurricane Festival has one hell of a lineup this year. Before Linkin Park plays, Blink-182 will be onstage rocking out to new songs from California as well as all their big hits. The two bands have played together plenty of times this tour, but we've yet to see any Blinkin Park action take place. Will today be the day? Before them, A Day To Remember will rock the stage with cuts from their latest record Bad Vibrations and big hits of theirs. Before them, Royal Blood will dominate with their epic arsenal of tunes including 'Out Of The Black' and songs from their epic new album How Did We Get So Dark? (if you haven't listened to this album yet, be sure you do. It's awesome - check out my review of it if you need an idea). Before them, Jimmy Eat World performs, and then before them, Baroness, The King Blues, and the Alex Mofa Gang will open the main stage.

Who's going to the show? Like I mentioned before, there will be a livestream tomorrow for the Southside festival, but not today for Hurricane. For updates on the setlist, follow us on Twitter and Facebook!

Check out the rest of Linkin Park's 2017 touring schedule here.

So today the 58th show and tomorrow the 59th show.... I wonder where the 60th show in Germany will be and when?! :D
I except that they will play the 24 song setlist without encore break and maybe Place for my Head will return at rotation slot ;) B ) :ph34r: