2017.06.20 - Amsterdam, NL

Another day, another show. Another pre-show post written at one in the morning. Let's do it. Linkin Park is playing the second headlining show of the One More Light European Tour on June 20 in Amsterdam, The Netherlands at the Ziggo Dome!

This show will be Linkin Park's fourth full show in Amsterdam. The first two they played were in 2001, the first being on Deftones' 'Back To School' Tour. We don't have a setlist for this show (if you know anything, let us know!), but the setlist back then featured plenty of Hybrid Theory tracks like 'Crawling' and 'With You.' The second show of 2001 was later in the fall, when the band returned to Europe for their own headline tour. We don't know the setlist for this show either, but we do know that Chester went out to sing 'Karma Killer' with opening act Cyclefly for the second time. Classics like 'Forgotten' and 'And One' were in the setlist at the time, so those songs were likely featured in the set.

The band did not return to Amsterdam for over a decade, usually opting for the Pinkpop festival when traveling to the Netherlands (as is the case for 2007, 2012, and almost 2003). The band finally returned during The Hunting Party European Tour in November 2014, hosting the 12th LPU Summit there (which, to date, is the last LPU Summit to be held after the North American 2015 tour was cancelled). Along with a special soundcheck consisting of 'A Place For My Head' and the reggae version of 'Burn It Down,' the band performed a huge setlist which featured The Hunting Party tracks like 'Guilty All The Same' and 'Final Masquerade,' as well as an acapella version of 'Reading My Eyes' for the first time ever. Mike and Chester visited Amsterdam earlier this year for a promo show (where they announced today's show), playing piano versions of 'Crawling,' 'What I've Done,' and more.

Behind the scenes action from the 12th LPU Summit in Amsterdam 2014: the full soundcheck, featuring 'A Place For My Head' and a reggae version of 'Burn It Down!'

The last show the band played was a tense one, but in the end (ha) everything turned out alright. Linkin Park performed at the Hellfest in France, performing their new One More Light songs to a heavy metal crowd. Some moments went off really well - the crowd really vibbed to 'One Step Closer' and the first performance of 'From The Inside' on the One More Light World Tour. Others... not so much. It was reported that the band was booed during 'Castle Of Glass,' and Chester even tweeted out that fans were flipping him off during 'Heavy.' It seemed to not come with purely malicious intent, however, because he also said that he blew kisses to them and they made heart signs in return. French music fans, at least you all have a sense of humor. That's something we all appreciate. On top of 'From The Inside,' something else interesting at the show was that since there was no 'Waiting For The End,' Mike apparently did some sort of 'Remember The Name' outro to 'Invisible' - we don't have a video of it yet, so we're not quite sure what it entails.

For this show, we're still not too sure what to expect - and we're eight shows into the tour! So far, the tour has only featured one other headlining show, and that was in Berlin. The show was listed as a Mercedes 50th Anniversary Celebration, kicking off with a Mercedes video featuring the band and Chester performing an acapella version of 'One More Light.' Mercedes doesn't have any stake on this Amsterdam show, so we'll have to see if they use the same intro or not. We're also unsure about the status of 'Battle Symphony' and 'Nobody Can Save Me' - neither have been played for the last few shows, and we haven't seen 'Battle Symphony' in more than a week. Has the song already been retired (they really never could get it down pat) and replaced with 'Nobody Can Save Me,' or will the slot return at this show and the songs be rotated? For the "heavy" rotation slot later in the set, there are four options that rotate every two shows (from the look of things): 'Somewhere I Belong,' 'Points Of Authority,' 'A Place For My Head,' and 'From The Inside.' Since 'From The Inside' just made its tour debut at the last show, its very likely they play it again in Amsterdam, but you never know. Whether or not 'Sharp Edges' is played is also a question, too. Was it just a one-off for the Mercedes anniversary, or will it return for headlining shows? We'll find out. Many questions will be answered in Amsterdam.

'From The Inside' returned to the setlists (after earning the second spot in Mike's setlist poll - maybe it was the plan all along to include both songs!) for the first time on the World Tour at Hellfest. Pretty damn great performance, too! Crowd seemed to love it.

A special note about this show... the band will be recording a live video for 'Talking To Myself'! It will be done in a similar form to the 2011 'Waiting For The End' (Chicago/St.Paul) and 2014 'Until It's Gone' (Milan), where fans film the song, upload the footage and it's all synced together with the soundboard audio. Here's how it turned out last time...

Opening for Linkin Park will be Sum 41, who also shared the stage with the band at the recent show at I-Days Milano in Monza, Italy. The band are touring in support of the latest record 13 Voices, performing some new songs 'Fake My Own Death' and 'Goddamn I'm Dead Again.' They also have some past hits in their set, including 'Fat Lip,' 'Still Waiting,' and 'In Too Deep.' If you go to the show, you won't be disappointed, especially if you're a fan of that late-90's/early 2000's pop punk era.

Who's going to the show? Be sure to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for updates. After this show, the band has a day off before returning to Spain for the first time in seven years for Download Madrid.

Check out the rest of Linkin Park's 2017 touring schedule here.

I will be at the show! Really excited to see which songs will be played in the rotation slots. Hoping for NCSM and APFMH, but anything is great tbh.

Looking forward to Sum 41 too, they got some good songs as well!

If anyone special will be performed at the show I will tweet it to lplive of course :)

Edited by JJJ

I will be at the show! Really excited to see which songs will be played in the rotation slots. Hoping for NCSM and APFMH, but anything is great tbh.

Looking forward to Sum 41 too, they got some good songs as well!

If anyone special will be performed at the show I will tweet it to lplive of course :)

Sum 41 is fun to see live, saturday they played some Metallica covers too and put on stage the giant skeleton similar to Eddy

I m so glad that I got to see APFMH, Catalyst, BTH, LITE and LOATR in Monza because are some of my fav LP songs and pretty rare these days

I'm very jelly of APFMH. Went to the Novarock show and got POA instead. They brought APFMH back the very next show!

8 shows over the years and I've only caught it once!

It was a great show. Bit dissapointed that i didn't see APFMH and NCSM, but still so good. The crowd was also really vibing.

Mike wore a new FM shirt once again, it had text on the front and some image on the back.

During Sharp Edges Mike was at the side of the stage with Jim Digby and he was dancing to the song, I kid you not. (I tried to make a video but my shitty IPhone did not get it so good)

And Bleed It Out had balloons dropping from the ceilling.

On the way back home I was listening to a local station and people phoned in about the concert, only positive. Even from people who disliked OML and came to the concert cus Sum 41 opened. Even those people liked the OML songs in live setting. And the radio stated it was sold out.

Hope they come back soon!

Had an amazing day yesterday. I was at the venue around 6:30 in the morning and ended up front row, so it was worth the wait.

The show was amazing. It was a bit annoying that all the press people were swarming during Talking To Myself, made the filming a little bit difficult at points :P

Since this was my 2nd ever concert by them (last one was the Concert in the same venue in 2014), it was great to see some songs finally live like Breaking The Habit, From The Inside etc. and ofcourse the One More Light tracks. The tracks of OML translate so much better live, that I honestly need a proper live album of the record, because I don't even wanna go back to some studio versions after hearing the live versions :lol:

I literally saw Chester smiling during Battle Symphony when he noticed that the crowd in front of him knew the words to the song.

The energy in the crowd was amazing, I literallly couldn't stop smiling when the show was finished.

What an amazing night that was, absolutely great. I'll try and write a short review.

We were at the venue around 4:45 PM and there was already a lot of people waiting, but we still got pretty close to the stage. Did not expect that so I was really happy about it.

Sum 41 was a great opening act. Wow. Even though I only knew a few songs from them, they were really into it and really got the crowd going. They played Enter Sandman and We Will Rock You as well, so everybody got crazy. I heard a lot of people came just to see Sum 41 too.

Next on, Linkin Park. I like 'Talking to myself', but I must admit it was a bit strange opening. Not many people from where I was standing were really into it, but that could also be because of the band asking the fans to film the first song. Crowd got really going during Burn it Down though, I know a lot of people on here dislike the song, but the crowd absolutely loves it.

The Catalyst live is amazing, the song has this 'dark, mysterious' vibe to it in the intro, but later on explodes during the 'Lift me up' part. Ive only seen them perform it in Koln 2010, so it was great to hear it.

Overall show was absolutely amazing. Crowd was really into it, not just the old classics but even the OML songs, from where I was standing there was absolutely not any negative response to it. I was surprised to hear how many people knew the words to the new songs.

I think this was a good show for the band after the hard crowd at Hellfest. The band looked really happy and they sounded great. You can really tell they perform better if the crowd is into it.

The show was absolutely amazing, but the only problem for me was the sound. The 2014 show in the Ziggo Dome had way better sound in my opinion. Im curious if any other people noticed it at other shows? OTherwise it could also be from the loud crowd, singing to every song.

What an amazing night that was, absolutely great. I'll try and write a short review.

We were at the venue around 4:45 PM and there was already a lot of people waiting, but we still got pretty close to the stage. Did not expect that so I was really happy about it.

Sum 41 was a great opening act. Wow. Even though I only knew a few songs from them, they were really into it and really got the crowd going. They played Enter Sandman and We Will Rock You as well, so everybody got crazy. I heard a lot of people came just to see Sum 41 too.

Next on, Linkin Park. I like 'Talking to myself', but I must admit it was a bit strange opening. Not many people from where I was standing were really into it, but that could also be because of the band asking the fans to film the first song. Crowd got really going during Burn it Down though, I know a lot of people on here dislike the song, but the crowd absolutely loves it.

The Catalyst live is amazing, the song has this 'dark, mysterious' vibe to it in the intro, but later on explodes during the 'Lift me up' part. Ive only seen them perform it in Koln 2010, so it was great to hear it.

Overall show was absolutely amazing. Crowd was really into it, not just the old classics but even the OML songs, from where I was standing there was absolutely not any negative response to it. I was surprised to hear how many people knew the words to the new songs.

I think this was a good show for the band after the hard crowd at Hellfest. The band looked really happy and they sounded great. You can really tell they perform better if the crowd is into it.

The show was absolutely amazing, but the only problem for me was the sound. The 2014 show in the Ziggo Dome had way better sound in my opinion. Im curious if any other people noticed it at other shows? OTherwise it could also be from the loud crowd, singing to every song.

Sama thoughts on the Monza show, crowd was great even on the new songs

Amazing show! I loved every second of it. Most people already gave their insights and I largely agree with JJJ in that regards.

All songs were sung and people went out of their comfort zones and sang their hearts out all over the place. Felt really united.

I did not hear any difference in the 2014 mix and the 2017 mix. Except that chester his voice was more audible if I can recall correctly. Which I really liked, He was on fire today.

I loved how on the Goodgoodbye ooohooohoohooohooo intro we already started infront of the band and knew what would be going in. I also loved how chester was smiling about it, He had that face on him like ''DO YOU SEE THIS SHIT? THEY ALREADY KNOW IT ALL''

The setlist to me by the way. Is a perfect mix between all the songs. Except the hunting party songs offcourse. But it flow really well. Love the piano breakdown with one more light in here way more then the piano medley of 2014.

Went with my girlfriend. She cried 2 times. Great times! Good Crowd and wonderful performances